How to check the year of manufacturer for new car purchase

advancebooking

Im about to get a new Isuzu vcross dmax pickup. As far as Im aware the only way to check that Im getting a 2014 model is on the seat belt label.....

Back in the nanny state where I was born, one would able to check the engine which would have a small metal plate on it with the year duly noted. Is there anything like that on new cars in LOS.

Im putting down 25% deposit and the rest is via loan. Thus, Im unsure if I will see the blue book - which I presume would have the year in that.

When I was at the dealership they did not have a 2014 in stock. I saw one a few months ago but thats it.

As this is the land of scams I want to be sure that Im not being taken for a ride. Car salesman are as bad as lawyers. Thus I seek your opinions...

many thanks

Look at the corner of the glass window where they have a transparent year stamp as to when that

glass was manufactured...

My window glass says 1993, but the Isuzu is a 2004 model, so how does that work? The seat belts have the correct date though.

Edited by giddyup

Look at the corner of the glass window where they have a transparent year stamp as to when that

My window glass says 1993, but the Isuzu is a 2004 model, so how does that work? The seat belts have the correct date though.

If you look trough the window and see what happens now you should be OK though ;-)

Don't assume that the VIN # will work with an American bank (assuming you are using one), because it will not work.

the VIN Code is an international standart and in all countrys of the world the same, and the VIN Code has more than 10 digits, may be I am wrong but should be at least 14 digits, you can read out a VIN code everything, producer, date of production, model, country of origin, and every original dealer or insurance broker can give you the information if you have the VIN code

• Like 2

In North America.....( Canada and US ) all one needs is the last eight digits of the vin........going from right to left digit eight tells you the year......A 2010, B 2011, C 2012, D 2013, E 2014

Hope this helps.......not sure if the same applies there

If you look trough the window and see what happens now you should be OK though ;-)

Is that supposed to make sense?

After a bit of research, the 10th digit of the VIN number should tell you the year of manufacture. For 2014 the 10th digit should be the letter E. If it's a D then the model is from 2013. If you search for Wikipedia and Vehicle Identification Number this will tell you more.

And for the anoraks: What ? You think I had this information stored in my head ?

Many car makers or car forums provide a VIN decoder, it´s quite easy to check your model online. Just google your car maker+vin decoder, there should be plenty of results.

There are a number of VIN decoder sites. The one I have used a number of times is:

http://www.vin-decoder.net/

Works perfectly for Thai/ASEAN vehicles.

Thai vehicles use a numeric year identifier. The link you provided is not accurate for Thai vehicle YOM purposes.

As suggested to the OP in my original post, look at the label in the window. They all have it and in many cases it even gives the time it rolled off the line. (toyota)