Prayuth: Incompetent ministers could face dismissal

webfact

No sir, incompetent Ministers SHOULD face dismisal, not "could" face dismisal.

You are 120% right.... but to do that would be unThai.

They all are always weary of the moment when they might be on the receiving end of consequences.

How else could such preposterous "punishment" exist: Inactive post?

Translation please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Director Generals? ie Customs. Even with this rice fiasco, the Director Generals also had a part to play in the monitoring of the programs. Just because you belong to the elite class they should still be held to account.

Ministers? Sounds like the hot breeze that comes from behind.

What is happening with the Director General from Customs? How on Gods earth can you lose 500 up market cars and not have known. The director generals are responsible and should have their kahonas in a strong vice.

Although the subject matter leads one to think PM is doing well, it doesn't go to the real problem. Politicians may go but the bureaucrats stay, learning their craft.

Too many damn quotes again.

For tbthailand at #19

Absolutely, though if you actually saw me, a cheerleader would be the furthest thing on your mind.

Try imagining a fat, bald 70 year old guy in a short skirt and weilding pom poms and you would get a clearer if not a frightening picture.

Paste the picture on the fridge and tell the kids if they don't behave, HE will come and get you in the night.

xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.pngxsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.pngxsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For tbthailand at #19

Absolutely, though if you actually saw me, a cheerleader would be the furthest thing on your mind.

Try imagining a fat, bald 70 year old guy in a short skirt and weilding pom poms and you would get a clearer if not a frightening picture.

Paste the picture on the fridge and tell the kids if they don't behave, HE will come and get you in the night.

Damn, I read your description of a fat, bald 70 year old guy wearing a short skirt and wielding pom poms and I myself am imagining a frightening bah.gif picture in my head at 10:30 tonight! I think I better reach for a second stillnox.

No sir, incompetent Ministers SHOULD face dismisal, not "could" face dismisal.

In my opinion "should" and "could" are in the same category lacking the appropriate action.

It would have been a more appropriate choice of words to say:

Incompetent Ministers "WILL" or "SHALL" face dismissal.

When Thailand starts to not only remove ministers and govt. officials who are incompetent, corrupt, or just plain old ambivalent about their posts, but to also permanently remove them from government, without any form of compensation, then we will know they are taking the idea of improving the country seriously. And in the case of corruption, they need to be arrested, tried, convicted and sentence to long prison sentences, and massive fines in the millions of baht. Until then, it can simply be interpreted as more window dressing. Removing a minister from a post, and transferring him to another high paying job with benefits mean little. If you are serious, get serious, and do what is right. Otherwise, you are not showing us any courage or conviction. You are creating a big show, and that is not meaningful or long lasting for your country. Show us, do not tell us.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For tbthailand at #19

Damn, I read your description of a fat, bald 70 year old guy wearing a short skirt and wielding pom poms and I myself am imagining a frightening bah.gif picture in my head at 10:30 tonight! I think I better reach for a second stillnox.

There is always the thought picture of an aging rhinoceros dancing it a tutu.

I must ease back a notch or two on the Hong Thong.

They could get dismissed from their posts then some other close friend or family member could have a try at that job and just keep punting around until you can find someone who is good at the job and when the inept ones are fired hope no pension and perks to compensate friends in high

places.