Any nice non-rip-off Russian bars ?

JemJem

I might head for Pattaya later. I was wondering if there are any decent Russian bars there with some lovely Russlan dancing gals, where one doesn't get ripped off.

I mean, 100-120 baht for a small beer is fine. I just wanna sit, drink and enjoy the show :)

I am gay but I find many Russian ladies very pleasing to the eye and aestethically arousing :)

Cheers.

• Like 1

If your gay Pook bar on soi bukhao is just the place for you sexy and tall thai "gals" dancing and cheep beer............well recommended clap2.gif

Peter ... Gay men aren't into LadyBoys ... if that is what you are referring to.

I know Gay men who like Ladyboys... ok, someone here would say than they are not gay...

As Mataleo said, drinks are expensive, the girls will hassle you to buy for them even more expensive drinks, and the experience is to leave sooner rather than later.

That's why when you peer into them from the street, they are empty.

Beer was like 320 for san miquel light

Where next door in thai agogo was like 140.

Girl followed me from street up to my table and demanded drink..

Not much body show compared to thai places. Full of arabs.

I say if u want look at ruskies go to Mixx disco club end of walking...

As Mataleo said, drinks are expensive, the girls will hassle you to buy for them even more expensive drinks, and the experience is to leave sooner rather than later.

That's why when you peer into them from the street, they are empty.

Beer was like 320 for san miquel light

Where next door in thai agogo was like 140.

Girl followed me from street up to my table and demanded drink..

Not much body show compared to thai places. Full of arabs.

I say if u want look at ruskies go to Mixx disco club end of walking...

Mixx disco club

Is that at the 'Hill' end of Walking Street or the Main entry end?

Last weekend I had a Thai client and two of his friends come to Pattaya and I met them on Walking Street. Later in the evening, as the client was paying, I decided to take them into the Galaxy Show bar place safe in the knowledge that if we were ripped of, he was paying. However, we sat there, had a few drinks, and were never once approached by the girls and were able to sit and watch the in general very good pole dancing. The drink prices are a bit steep I think. However, I observed what the girls were doing which was walking up to people who were intently paying attention to their dance, straddling them, and asking for a tip or private dance, on the whole men of south asia descent. Now it was a tad daft of the girls because the Thai guys were mid 20's early 30's HiSo guys with daddies money oozing out of them, and they were highly interested in private dances.

So I would say if you can go with a Thai chap as I get the feeling they ignore you then and you can watch the show. Failing that, just go and watch the show but maybe camp it up a bit to make it obvious you will not be getting any private dances.

Now I will point out the bleeding obvious as well - these girls are dancing to make money, and tips are appreciated and make up part of their earnings. The sign on each table suggests 50 baht tips lol. But it is a small place inside and if you take up chair that could be filled with a tipping private dance taking customer, you can guess why you will be pushed out fairly quickly.

Other option is the night clubs where they have CIS dancers - Mixxxxxx is it? I don't know but won't take long to find out.

Have fun

Last weekend I had a Thai client and two of his friends come to Pattaya and I met them on Walking Street. Later in the evening, as the client was paying, I decided to take them into the Galaxy Show bar place safe in the knowledge that if we were ripped of, he was paying. However, we sat there, had a few drinks, and were never once approached by the girls and were able to sit and watch the in general very good pole dancing. The drink prices are a bit steep I think. However, I observed what the girls were doing which was walking up to people who were intently paying attention to their dance, straddling them, and asking for a tip or private dance, on the whole men of south asia descent. Now it was a tad daft of the girls because the Thai guys were mid 20's early 30's HiSo guys with daddies money oozing out of them, and they were highly interested in private dances.

So I would say if you can go with a Thai chap as I get the feeling they ignore you then and you can watch the show. Failing that, just go and watch the show but maybe camp it up a bit to make it obvious you will not be getting any private dances.

Now I will point out the bleeding obvious as well - these girls are dancing to make money, and tips are appreciated and make up part of their earnings. The sign on each table suggests 50 baht tips lol. But it is a small place inside and if you take up chair that could be filled with a tipping private dance taking customer, you can guess why you will be pushed out fairly quickly.

Other option is the night clubs where they have CIS dancers - Mixxxxxx is it? I don't know but won't take long to find out.

Have fun

Did they go topless?

When I was there. Boooring expensive...

Have fun

Did they go topless?

About 50:50 - what happened a lot though was that their panties which all seemed to be clipped on at the side came unclipped and exposed the full works.

The thing is, as my Thai clients said when they came out, its not the same as a gogo. gogos are basically boring boring boring with farm girls jiggering with their baps out nervously, and I struggle to find how anyone could find that arousing or interesting unless that is the first time they have seen a naked lady. The CIS girls were proper pole dancers, and very good artists at this. It's a different experience and will suit different people. Of the 5 dancers I saw, 2 were on a par with top notch London pole dancers. I didn't have a lap dance there (3000 baht, no chance).

If you get your rocks off looking at issan mattress warriors moving ever so slightly on in a gogo then this is not for you. I actually prefer pole dancing and the fact that a couple of them were stunning fit girls was a complete bonus.

Have fun

Did they go topless?

About 50:50 - what happened a lot though was that their panties which all seemed to be clipped on at the side came unclipped and exposed the full works.

The thing is, as my Thai clients said when they came out, its not the same as a gogo. gogos are basically boring boring boring with farm girls jiggering with their baps out nervously, and I struggle to find how anyone could find that arousing or interesting unless that is the first time they have seen a naked lady. The CIS girls were proper pole dancers, and very good artists at this. It's a different experience and will suit different people. Of the 5 dancers I saw, 2 were on a par with top notch London pole dancers. I didn't have a lap dance there (3000 baht, no chance).

If you get your rocks off looking at issan mattress warriors moving ever so slightly on in a gogo then this is not for you. I actually prefer pole dancing and the fact that a couple of them were stunning fit girls was a complete bonus.

Sounds they improved. Thier services. .

Last time I went to one of those bars and tried to speak to one of the dancers in Russian she told me in English that there were no Russian girls working there and out of about 10 dancers only one could speak Russian and she was from Ukraine. The majority of them apparently were Romanians. I have no idea why Westerns in Pattaya still call the bars like the Galaxy 'Russian' bars. Russia's PPP per capita (when grey economy is taken into account) is similar to or exceeds now that measure of many EU countries so no girl from Russia would be interested in working as an entertainer in cheap Thailand. There probably will be more willing girls from countries like Portugal or Spain to dance in those bars than from Russia.

Last time I went to one of those bars and tried to speak to one of the dancers in Russian she told me in English that there were no Russian girls working there and out of about 10 dancers only one could speak Russian and she was from Ukraine. The majority of them apparently were Romanians. I have no idea why Westerns in Pattaya still call the bars like the Galaxy 'Russian' bars. Russia's PPP per capita (when grey economy is taken into account) is similar to or exceeds now that measure of many EU countries so no girl from Russia would be interested in working as an entertainer in cheap Thailand. There probably will be more willing girls from countries like Portugal or Spain to dance in those bars than from Russia.

Good point.

They from post soviet countries. Like Kazahstan. Tajikistan.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, folks.

I guess I will pass. Don't want to be ripped off :)

It is sad that some owners/managers choose to go for rip-off. In the age of Internet/social media, people's comments and suggestions are so critical. A decent venue not only attracts repeat customers but many new folks come due to positive suggestions. Some can't see that, I guess.

Have fun

Did they go topless?

And you find pole dancing exciting in the uk

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif