Thai student wins £1 million jackpot in UK

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7by7.

When I mentioned Australia in my post I meant shouting about leaving the Commonwealth. The reason I looked at the woman in the post office was because she looked so nervous.

But if this 29 year old student has won with a ticket bought with her own money there is no problem. Good luck to her. Bye the way, talking about bad grammar in your post you said,"an brown person" it should be,"a brown person.

I'm not in the grammar police; when did you join?

Maybe the lady was nervous because a strange man was standing too close to her and trying to see what she was doing?

Maybe that's why she offered you the beer; scared of you and trying to placate you?

• Like 1

She should be made to pay the million pounds back to the British taxpayer who have paid for her health care through the National health service for years.All for free.She and thousands of Thais in Britain who have been getting one sort of a benefit or another all for free should be made to pay the benefits back if they get " in the money."

You grumpy old toad..good for her,i wish her all the happiness in the world..I have paid tax since I was 16,now 47..we all pay it pal,you are so bitter you must be a lemon..jeeez

• Like 1

Getting back to "bookies".Bookmakers have betting shops in many UK High streets.They look like shops. The main ones are William Hill,Ladbrokes,Corals.There are also many new online bookmakers. But be careful.The bookmaker wins in the long run and you will lose your money.They will get a lot back from this Thai girl and even more from new punters who bet because of the publicity.You just walk in from the High Street and place your bet at the counter.Its great fun but be aware!

Ladbrokes even have a Thai language website. I recently wrote to them asking about the legality of betting from Thailand and they said it as perfectly legal. Thai law say online gambling is legal if the company is based outside Thailand.

That's interesting, as I just saw that website and it is indeed in Thai language.......and 20 others.

Can you provide a link to the Thai Law stated above please? wai.gif.................anyone??

Because the website is hosted in the Isle of man or wherever, the Thai government has no jurisdiction. They can, of course, block any websites the feel like but as the bet is considered to have been placed in the Isle of man or wherever, they can't prosecute.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

7by7.

When I mentioned Australia in my post I meant shouting about leaving the Commonwealth. The reason I looked at the woman in the post office was because she looked so nervous.

But if this 29 year old student has won with a ticket bought with her own money there is no problem. Good luck to her. Bye the way, talking about bad grammar in your post you said,"an brown person" it should be,"a brown person.

I'm not in the grammar police; when did you join?

Maybe the lady was nervous because a strange man was standing too close to her and trying to see what she was doing?

Maybe that's why she offered you the beer; scared of you and trying to placate you?

7x7, there is no point in trying to see sense with this super22k loser. As described in your words, ignorant and prejudiced.

He is obviously on another planet.

Unfortunately he/she/it may be living in Thailand also, which is sad for Thailand and the rest of us.

Could be the same poster as Silomplaya?

There seems to be some misunderstanding. If someone posts a message on ThaiVisa that you dont agree with, it does not mean that person is stupid or a <deleted> .It simply means that they have a different opinion to you. It is my opinion that the thousands of Thai people getting all the free handouts in Britain should be made to pay if they become rich. After all it is me a British taxpayer who is supplying them with the handouts.I am not stupid.It is my opinion.

What handouts? She is a student at a UK University. Do you know what that costs? And she needs health insurance not the NHS. I can't believe the racist ignorance on TV

Right, I doubt very much that she comes from a poor family, if she is doing a 4 year Masters in England.

Right, her mother only worked two shifts and sold of the little land her family had in order to get her daughter through international school here in Thailand, with the outcome her daughter got a national scholarship to study abroad.

My little scenario I've dreamt up isn't far fetched or impossible so please, if you don't know, keep your keyboard at peace.

... It's not even a good Champagne, and she's drinking it from a plastic glass... blink.png

But she has plenty of time to learn, and congratulations to this lucky Thai girl !

Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label isn't a good Champagne?

Sorry but no, it's not a Veuve Clicquot, whose only drinkable Champagne anyway is called 'Grande Dame' but the bottle is shaped like a Dom Perignon so obviously this is not it.

Edited by Yann55

• 2 weeks later...