Negativity

Elmer Gantry

Why is there so much negativity between posters on here.It seems to me there is no consistent adherence regarding bashing.We all know you can't bash the indigenous people,but there are contradictions almost on a daily basis.The most recent example from erring from the rules is the Scottish Referendum.I have read,and am following what is happening as I have a vested interest in the outcome.My observation of this topic is that is that there is a lot of Scottish bashing from nationalities that better not be named for fear of being given a holiday. ( By the way this also applies to criticism of other nationalities who shall remain nameless ).

Edited by Crossy
Comment on moderation removed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elmer, if I can call you so, don't be upset with people bashing each other or being negative.

This earth, we live in, is full of well wishers and kind hearted people.

So please, for your sanity, just read what interests you and ignore the rest.

I do sympathise with you, being one of the other nationalities myself.

But let them be, don't waste your time with these nice people.

• Like 2

i have scottish blood and irish my forfathers sent to the colonys and after so many genarations

i still cannt understand them

That's because you can't spell.Perfect example for the point I was emphasising.Well done you have won a cuddly toy. P.S. if you dispute my spelling of emphasising check the Oxford English Dictionary before you put your big foot in your small mouth.

Old people are generally grumpy.

They 'remember' how much better things were when they were young.

This forum consists almost entirely of old people.

Well if you call being brought up amongst bomb sites and rationing " being better " then I might agree with you.I can only assume you are from over the pond and don't really have a clue,apart from 9/11.That's best left alone otherwise I might have a long holiday.

• Like 1

Elmer, if I can call you so, don't be upset with people bashing each other or being negative.

This earth, we live in, is full of well wishers and kind hearted people.

So please, for your sanity, just read what interests you and ignore the rest.

I do sympathise with you, being one of the other nationalities myself.

But let them be, don't waste your time with these nice people.

Thank you Costa,I read your posts and I can read between the lines.Tongue in cheek.

• Like 1

Sadly I am in agreement with you. It seems some have nothing better than to heap scorn upon others.

Anyway, there is a few of us pos people out there and we will always keep the fire going.

Nice to know Geronimo,it is satisfying to know that there are people out there on this forum who are like minded ( I mean freedom of opinion without being offensive ).

There was probably no threat intended above, just a reference to forum rules.........

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

Elmer, seriously what is your problem.

You complain about how people are treated on this board on then pour scorn on whoever answers you post.

CharlieH was giving you some friendly advice, if you can't take his advice and appreciate that he is trying to help you then I don't think that this board is for you.

• Like 1

You complain about how people are treated on this board on then pour scorn on whoever answers you post.

CharlieH was giving you some friendly advice, if you can't take his advice and appreciate that he is trying to help you then I don't think that this board is for you.

He quoted a forum rule I did not breach,you are a typical MAS.

Sadly I am in agreement with you. It seems some have nothing better than to heap scorn upon others.

Anyway, there is a few of us pos people out there and we will always keep the fire going.

Nice to know Geronimo,it is satisfying to know that there are people out there on this forum who are like minded ( I mean freedom of opinion without being offensive ).

One mans offense is another mans non-offense, we are all different...smile.png

• Like 2

OK, let me explain this to you step by step.

ukrules posted ‘Never mention anything negative about the US Government ?’

I believe that ukrules was referring to the fact that every time someone mentions anything negative about the US Government that the whole thread degenerates into a racism keyboard war and the thread gets locked.

You said “Why are you afraid of free speech”.

ukrules replied ‘I’m not, just go ahead and see what happens.’

This advice by ukrules is still friendly advice.

You then post ‘That's a bit of an ambiguous reply,your answer could be construed as a threat,but I am sure I have got it wrong’.

At this stage CharlieH steps in and suggested that he did not think ukrules intended to threaten you and pointed out the rule which would have been broken IF the thread had degenerated into a racist slanging match.

At no point did CharlieH accuse you of breaking the rules.

To be honest, if I was CharlieH, I would bock you until you had read and agreed with the forum rules.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

Bingo.... Kettle, meet pot... Oops, was that too negative?

OK, let me explain this to you step by step.

ukrules posted ‘Never mention anything negative about the US Government ?’

I believe that ukrules was referring to the fact that every time someone mentions anything negative about the US Government that the whole thread degenerates into a racism keyboard war and the thread gets locked.

You said “Why are you afraid of free speech”.

ukrules replied ‘I’m not, just go ahead and see what happens.’

This advice by ukrules is still friendly advice.

You then post ‘That's a bit of an ambiguous reply,your answer could be construed as a threat,but I am sure I have got it wrong’.

At this stage CharlieH steps in and suggested that he did not think ukrules intended to threaten you and pointed out the rule which would have been broken IF the thread had degenerated into a racist slanging match.

At no point did CharlieH accuse you of breaking the rules.

To be honest, if I was CharlieH, I would bock you until you had read and agreed with the forum rules.

Hey Frostie,if you are a Brit you will know where I am coming from.If you are not a Brit,especially with the ability to read,then you would have noted my reply to Charlie.He quoted rule 11,which I never breached.If you had taken the time to read my post on Negativity,then you have proved my point,thank you very much.How would you interprate UKrules reply.My interpretation was a threat.Because there was no elaboration in his answer.If I said to you "You are a dead man".Do'es that mean I am going to kill you.I don't think so.It is a very open ended statement.You must be a member of MAS.Regarding the forum rules,if you have been brought up in a free thinking society,and without breaking the law,then rules are there for the breaking,unless you are a serf.

Yes I am from the UK but unlike you I am not a chav.

If you think that I will bring myself down to your level you are very wrong.

Now, run along, boy.

• Like 1

The rule was posted as information in relation to a comment as very clearly explained by another member, if someone had breached it, they would have been told directly.

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

The rules are NOT there to be broken, they are there to be adhered to, which members also agree to abide by when joining Thaivisa.

In a recent survey 95% of Scot's said they thought their country was the best in the World. 15% of them said they would actually be willing to live there !

This must be true if it is posted on here.As TV members we are all used to the opinion polls and how accurate they are,so no argument from me as to the validity of the survey ( read poll ).Sorry I have got to ask you,can you back this up with stats.

Old people are generally grumpy.

They 'remember' how much better things were when they were young.

This forum consists almost entirely of old people.

I'm ancient. I used to be old. Those were the good old days. Now get off my lawn, you smartass whippersnapper.

T