Protecting tourism demands commitment

Lite Beer

Today Suvanabumi Airport. Taxidriver tells where I go is outside Bangkok (no it not) and there is a fix charge not meter for going there.

The complain paper needs a stamp (3 Baht) and be brought to the post office....no email address.....

Taxi driver made the impression to me that he might threaten other guest. But I am male and fit, speaking some Thai, driving past a security who takes his ID card to a company with a couple of man who tried to help me with the luggage prevented such ideas. But he ranted all the driving.

That isn't quality tourism....

Ever since the rail link opened, I haven't taken a taxi to and from the airport and never will again. Shame some of them are shysters.

• Like 1

Today Suvanabumi Airport. Taxidriver tells where I go is outside Bangkok (no it not) and there is a fix charge not meter for going there.

The complain paper needs a stamp (3 Baht) and be brought to the post office....no email address.....

Taxi driver made the impression to me that he might threaten other guest. But I am male and fit, speaking some Thai, driving past a security who takes his ID card to a company with a couple of man who tried to help me with the luggage prevented such ideas. But he ranted all the driving.

That isn't quality tourism....

Good that you made him drive there. I have the same problem at times from the airport. But sticking to it and taking a picture of his ID can help. That is if your not afraid some of them are crazy others are of course not. I choose not to be scared and stand up for my rights. Though of course i choose my battles.

I must say last time no problem from the airport and the driver got a nice tip.

I don't understand them its a long ride and nice money for them better as waiting for a ride. Here they always go they have better work ethics as the heart of the city guys who just want to rip off tourists.

But i still prefer my own car or the bike.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What happened to the special " Tourist Courts"? Sad enough that something like this is necessary in the first place, but do they ever get started with them or was this idea only the usual smoke and mirrors tactics?

Good question. I only read so much of the nonsense and decided. It was turning into a Thai bashing thread so I have stopped reading it.

Been saying this for years. Will it ever change?

When I first came to Thailand they only had one airport in Bangkok and were hoping to get 14 to 15 million tourists.

Now they have two air ports and are currently working on plans to enlarge the new one and looking to attract upwards of 25 million tourists. In the mean time 95% of the Thai Visa posters have predicted that they didn't know what they were talking about when they predicted larger numbers of tourists.

We had a set back this year due to the international news media making it look like there was not a safe street in Thailand and yet we are still going to get a good turn out. Not as much as hoped for but then again who knows what the high season will bring.

Things could be much improved if they just picked/cleaned up the garbage. Plastic bags, plastic bottles, building materials.

Just clean up the mess and put some pride into the countries appearance. Americas highways used to be covered in a layer

of litter in the 60's and while maybe not pristine now it has greatly improved. alt=thumbsup.gif>

;b++){var>

A reasonable post. I remember the 60's America the pig sty. Still the people came.;b++){var>

I Suppose one of the top stories today on the BBC news will not help Thailand's image as a safe tourist destinations.

Two British tourists have been killed in an attack on a beach in southern Thailand, local police have said.

David Miller, 24, from Jersey, and Hannah Witheridge, 23, from Norfolk, were attacked on Sunday night on the island of Koh Tao, Thai police said.

Their bodies were found with serious injuries in the early hours of Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29203116

just looking at the headlines in this forum imo, would be enough to put most tourists off, reminds me of reading a lonely planet on brazil from around 2000 ,,,

scary

add murders like this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/760553-bodies-of-foreign-tourists-found-brutally-murdered-on-koh-tao-beach/page-8

to the main forum and bingo your lrft with the Russians and the Chinese cheesy.gif

Swine/bird flu, SARS, Tsunami, riots, airport sit in, floods and a little sand kicked in a tourist's face have failed to dent tourism one bit, and never will.

But word of mouth will.

Ok, tell me by word of mouth when it does

yep done it's happening in London as we speak..

Swine/bird flu, SARS, Tsunami, riots, airport sit in, floods and a little sand kicked in a tourist's face have failed to dent tourism one bit, and never will.

But word of mouth will.

Don't think so. Tourism will be up in 2015. Guarantee. I'll bet you a pint

But word of mouth will.

Don't think so. Tourism will be up in 2015. Guarantee. I'll bet you a pint

How's the new job going with TAT, alright??