Police Seek Activist's Extradition For 'Blackshirt' Charges

Lite Beer

Police Seek Activist's Extradition For 'Blackshirt' Charges

By Khaosod Eng.

14105884481410588500l.jpg

BANGKOK — Thai Police are seeking the extradition of a 26-year-old Redshirt activist who allegedly engineered violent attacks on security forces during the political unrest in Bangkok in 2010.

Kritsuda Kunasen has been accused of financing and supplying military-grade weapons to a group of "Blackshirt" armed militants who fired at soldiers during clashes between Redshirt demonstrators and security forces in Bangkok on 10 April 2010. Five soldiers and 20 civilians were killed in the violence.

"I am aware that she is in a foreign country," Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang, Thailand’s new police chief, said yesterday, "I will instruct the Office of Attorney-General and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have her extradited to Thailand for legal prosecution."

He did not say where Ms. Kritsuda is currently residing.

Pol.Gen. Somyot insisted that police have pay slips, money transfer records, and even employment contracts linking Ms. Kritsuda to the 2010 Blackshirt militants. Five suspected Blackshirt militants were arrested on Thursday, all of whom confessed to the charges, Pol.Gen. Somyot claimed.

The military detained Ms. Kritsuda without charges for 27 days before releasing her on 24 June, exceeding the seven-day limit on arbitrary detention that authorities respected for the majority of other detainees. The activist later fled to Europe and claimed she was tortured and abused during her detention. The junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has repeatedly denied the allegation.

Pol.Gen. Somyot previously alleged that Ms. Kritsuda was also the mastermind behind the shadowy armed elements that launched grenade and gunfire attacks on anti-government protest camp sites in Bangkok earlier this year. Almost 30 people were killed during the campaign against the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, which ended in a military coup on 22 May.

"We have evidence, in documents, that point to the purchases of these weapons," Pol.Gen. Somyot said at a press conference on 10 August. "We also have witnesses, the suspects who have been arrested, who say they received many military-grade weapons from Ms. Kritsuda."

Redshirt supporters have accused the Thai police of fabricating evidence and charges against Ms. Kritsuda to punish her for speaking out about her ordeal in military custody.

Source: http://www.khaosoden...wsid=1410588448

xkhaosod.png.pagespeed.ic.gwqZZgTvOa.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-09-13

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay slips, employment contracts? So these aren't Thai patriots that were somewhat belatedly outraged by the coup, or more recently the seizure of Thaksin's wealth, to the extent that they took up arms against their government (yes, yes, ignoring claims of lack of legitimacy)? They were actually mercenary terrorists being PAID to murder their fellow Thais?

I'm shocked, literally shocked. Who could have benefitted from such actions?

BTW her substantial handbag seems adequate for the job of bag(wo)man.

Edited by halloween
  • Like 2

Of course, seajae, it also sounds like you've decided she's guilty too ;) do you mean dragged or fragged? :D some would agree to your typo though 5555

Lets put the evidence up, during the trial and if it's good enough to get a conviction and a custodial sentence, then lets wait for the courts to do their work and put her in jail, if not, she's innocent until proven guilty.

All these small details about releasing information and affiliations etc in most countries would make lawyers stand up and say there's no way she would receive a fair trial.. they might have a point, she wouldn't receive one here in TVF that's for sure.

If she's guilty of the crimes, and is apprehended, then deal with her. But it's another case of the horse has bolted after the stable door was left open.

The Thai Junta will also more than likely not get an extradition order granted, due to the fact they are in power through a coup, I would suspect that their please to extradite her will fall on deaf ears, and they have to find out where she is first..

• Like 1

Her "ordeal in military custody" as Kahosod puts it, was, according to her (reported elsewhere) to have included repeated punches to the face and body.

Yet no bruising has ever been shown from these alleged beatings.

If they had happened one would have expected her to be very keen to show off the marks of the mistreatment she received as proof of the brutality she claims.

Not really, you can punch people on the face and not leave marks, and the same with the body, although I suspect she's exaggerating, not completely, but just because there's no marks to show, doesn't equate to it having never happened..

Think about all these women in the UK who came forwards decades after they were "raped" by celebrity paedos.. nobody's been refuting their allegations..

I'll keep an open mind, she may have had a good slapping, I'd suspect that to have happened to most detainess, regardless of their afiliation, was she beaten badly? Who knows, Thais are prone to exaggerating, I've said this a million times already!!! :D

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Democratic countries won't extradite anybody to a dictatorship. Quite right too seeing that they've already roughed her up once. They're obviously after payback.

"Quite right too seeing that they've already roughed her up once." A categoric statement - you sure about that?

None of us will ever know the truth in this matter, or related matters.

The General has said he has the names of all the people responsible for all the unrest and corruption in Thailand, and people would be surprised. He must have two reams of printout, one red and one yellow, to list all the names. Maybe they are waiting to build a dozen more jails, or so, just to cage the listed names on first twenty pages of each stack.

• Like 1

Democratic countries won't extradite anybody to a dictatorship. Quite right too seeing that they've already roughed her up once. They're obviously after payback.

'democratic' countries ?

More likely a 'self-exile' can easily claim to be a political refugee since 'fleeing' from a junta,

Her "ordeal in military custody" as Kahosod puts it, was, according to her (reported elsewhere) to have included repeated punches to the face and body.

If they had happened one would have expected her to be very keen to show off the marks of the mistreatment she received as proof of the brutality she claims.

Not really, you can punch people on the face and not leave marks, and the same with the body, although I suspect she's exaggerating, not completely, but just because there's no marks to show, doesn't equate to it having never happened..

Think about all these women in the UK who came forwards decades after they were "raped" by celebrity paedos.. nobody's been refuting their allegations..

I'll keep an open mind, she may have had a good slapping, I'd suspect that to have happened to most detainess, regardless of their afiliation, was she beaten badly? Who knows, Thais are prone to exaggerating, I've said this a million times already!!! biggrin.png

As I have no experience with punching people in the face or anywhere else I will have to bow to your expertise on that one.

What I do know is that it does not take a lot to leave a bruise, had plenty myself though not from being punched, at present the Mrs has a bruise on her arm and she doesnt know how she got it, never felt it happen.

Think you will find that Thais are not the only ones prone to exaggerate. Post No 9 for example.

Robby,

Some people bruise more easily than others especially those who take asprin regular, also people who have oesteoperosis as well, and other medical conditions, lack of vitamins as well will make you bruise easy,I'm not in the habit of punching people, so not much of an expert, but I see it quite often, I have seen people get quiet a good "slapping" around and asides a cut inside lip, not much else showed..

Bruises depending on where they are can also dissapear in days, she was held for 27 days, sufficient time for any bruises to have dissapeared.. it's her word against theirs and right now, their word is law and not up for questioning, but remember, there's usually no smoke without fire.. given that she's a cocky wee bitch, I wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if she got a slapping from time to time.

If they had this evidence why did they let her go? What a joke!

It would seem obvious that they didn't have the evidence when they released her. Do you think they should have kept her in detention until it was found?

The evidence existed since 2010. Didn't the General say he already knows everything?

What is the world coming to if a junta doesn't even behave as your ordinary 'run of the mill' brutal dictatorship rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I'll keep an open mind, she may have had a good slapping, I'd suspect that to have happened to most detainess, regardless of their afiliation, was she beaten badly? Who knows, Thais are prone to exaggerating, I've said this a million times already!!! biggrin.png

As I have no experience with punching people in the face or anywhere else I will have to bow to your expertise on that one.

What I do know is that it does not take a lot to leave a bruise, had plenty myself though not from being punched, at present the Mrs has a bruise on her arm and she doesnt know how she got it, never felt it happen.

Think you will find that Thais are not the only ones prone to exaggerate. Post No 9 for example.

Robby,

Some people bruise more easily than others especially those who take asprin regular, also people who have oesteoperosis as well, and other medical conditions, lack of vitamins as well will make you bruise easy,I'm not in the habit of punching people, so not much of an expert, but I see it quite often, I have seen people get quiet a good "slapping" around and asides a cut inside lip, not much else showed..

Bruises depending on where they are can also dissapear in days, she was held for 27 days, sufficient time for any bruises to have dissapeared.. it's her word against theirs and right now, their word is law and not up for questioning, but remember, there's usually no smoke without fire.. given that she's a cocky wee bitch, I wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if she got a slapping from time to time.

It seems a precisely controlled and placed slapping might leave no marks, but the cold control needed for that doesn't seem to fit Thai.

Also with an 'uppity' female baiting her captors I expect sudden rage and certainly no control in the positioning of slaps. Maybe I watched too many Thai soaps rolleyes.gif

EDIT changed captives into captors. One of these days I'll really start learning English, promise wai.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

-- and you have been told millions of times "don't exaggerate".

• Like 1

The General has said he has the names of all the people responsible for all the unrest and corruption in Thailand, and people would be surprised.

Did you make that up?

What he said (BP) is that he knows who is behind the acquisition of and financing for the weapons used by the "men in black" and people would be surprised.

There is a difference.

• Like 2

Pol.Gen. Somyot insisted that police have pay slips, money transfer records, and even employment contracts linking Ms. Kritsuda to the 2010 Blackshirt militants. Five suspected Blackshirt militants were arrested on Thursday, all of whom confessed to the charges, Pol.Gen. Somyot claimed.

"We have evidence, in documents, that point to the purchases of these weapons," Pol.Gen. Somyot said at a press conference on 10 August. "We also have witnesses, the suspects who have been arrested, who say they received many military-grade weapons from Ms. Kritsuda."

In light of recent developments between the OAG and the NACC one has to wonder if this evidence is enough for the OAG to prosecute.

Wrong. You have no proof she was "roughed up". Could be she made that up to try and get political asylum or perhaps she was getting worried what might come out now hired gunmen were being arrested and no PTP/CAPO to protect her.

Or, if you are right, she is little miss innocent, and their is no evidence, then she should fight to clear her good name.

Countries that have extradition treaties will use that treaty's content as the basis to decide, weight up the evidence, consider human rights issues and may ask for assurances. If they believe their is enough evidence, and happy with other aspects they will extradite.

• Like 1

The General has said he has the names of all the people responsible for all the unrest and corruption in Thailand, and people would be surprised.

Did you make that up?

What he said (BP) is that he knows who is behind the acquisition of and financing for the weapons used by the "men in black" and people would be surprised.

There is a difference.

Since at least in here, most people would certainly not be surprised to hear him say Mr T - I wonder who he's referring to?