non O visa medical certificate advice

im on my 2nd non O visa multi entry and it expires around the 28th October this year. on enquiring at the Thai consulate office Cardiff ive been told i need a CRB police check and a medical certificate for my next non O multi entry.

the medical certificate is proving to be a bit vague. no one has a specific form for it or 'name' for it.

my doctor knows nothing of the required certificate and after further calls to cardiff they just told me i need to be tested for sexual diseases.

can anyone give some better information on this please?

also, my multi O expires on the 28th oct 14. im flying in on the 16th oct 14 for 5 months so i could still use the remaining entry. whats the best way to use the existing visa to cover that 5 months? is it possible to do so as this years visa could cost over £400 with all the running around to cover the things required.

im quite happy to fly out now and then as i do not sit on my arse for the whole trip, i go places.

thanks.

You don't need the medical and police check for the non-o you need to apply for OA visa at the embassy in London.

Info on OA visa here: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/51

I suspect you are under the age of 65 which means you no longer qualify for a non-o multiple entry visa at a consulate in the UK.

You could apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 entry you will get from your visa when you return to Thailand.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 to reach a total of 800k baht.

What exactly is a CRB Police check?

I have been here for a few years on a Type O visa an have never been required any sort of medical or police check.

Still, please explain the CRB.. I am just curious.

Edited by willyumiii

What exactly is a CRB Police check?

I have been here for a few years on a Type O visa an have never been required any sort of medical or police check.

Still, please explain the CRB.. I am just curious.

CRB - Criminal Records Bureau.

OP is talking about non-imm 'O-A' visa while likely you have an extension of stay - different things.

You don't need the medical and police check for the non-o you need to apply for OA visa at the embassy in London.

Info on OA visa here: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/51

I suspect you are under the age of 65 which means you no longer qualify for a non-o multiple entry visa at a consulate in the UK.

You could apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 entry you will get from your visa when you return to Thailand.

You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 to reach a total of 800k baht.

thanks for that link, i think ive found the medical requirement there

*Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis)* although im sure im going to have issues at the doctors trying to get a certificate to cover most of those?

im 50 mins away from the cardiff office so i think ill just ride over there and get a face to face chat with someone as its all a bit confusing now.

do i really need a cert to say i dont have elephantiasis?

On which basis do you obtain a non-imm. 'O' ? On that depends the possibility of obtaining an extension of stay in Thailand.

well the last couple of visas were non O as id got to 50 and had £1250 min. income a month. its changed again and now im getting several different versions as to what hoops i need to jump through this year!

just a quick follow-up, after nosing around the thai link ubonjoe provided i eventually found a printable form that does indeed list that i need to be certified against

leprosy

TB

elephantiasis

3rd step of syphilis

so ill be off to the doctors tomorrow to try and furfill those requirements........has no-one else had to do this yet?

Edited by tomyumchai

Unless you are 65 or over and getting a government pension you will not get a new multiple entry non-o visa in Cardiff.

Your only choice in the UK is to the OA visa in London.

This is what the doctor needs to sign. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/forms/medicalcertificate.pdf

As I said you also have the choice of returning before your visa expires and getting an extension of stay at immigration.

Unless you are 65 or over and getting a government pension you will not get a new multiple entry non-o visa in Cardiff.

This is what the doctor needs to sign. http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/forms/medicalcertificate.pdf

As I said you also have the choice of returning before your visa expires and getting an extension of stay at immigration.

yup thanks again for the link, ive got that form now and im off to the docs in the morning. 1 more question tho, if i try to enter with my current visa (which expires on the 28th oct 14) will i need proof of a flight out within the 90 days or am i ok to enter and then go for the extension? my flight ticket return is for april 2015.

ive got the 800k in the bank and i can take bank statements with me.

i normally plan my bike rides to coincide with a border crossing for my current visa, i can always bung a flight in the plan if i need to leave by air.

Edited by tomyumchai

yup thanks again for the link, ive got that form now and im off to the docs in the morning. 1 more question tho, if i try to enter with my current visa (which expires on the 28th oct 14) will i need proof of a flight out within the 90 days or am i ok to enter and then go for the extension? my flight ticket return is for april 2015.

i normally plan my bike rides to coincide with a border crossing for my current visa, i can always bung a flight in the plan if i need to leave by air.

You will not need the medical or police check to do the extension.

Since you will have a valid visa you do not need a ticket out of the country.

To do the extension the 800k baht will need to be in a Thai bank. Do you have any income you can use to get an income letter from the embassy, If you have 65k income you can use if for the extension or if less you can combine it with money in the bank to reach the total of 800k baht,

You will not need the medical or police check to do the extension.

Since you will have a valid visa you do not need a ticket out of the country.

To do the extension the 800k baht will need to be in a Thai bank. Do you have any income you can use to get an income letter from the embassy, If you have 65k income you can use if for the extension or if less you can combine it with money in the bank to reach the total of 800k baht,

i have 800bt+ in 2 thai banks (or i did when i left) plus i can show UK bank accounts with £1500+ a month being paid in all year round so really youre saying i can just turn up before the 28th oct when my current non O expires and then apply for an extention based on retirement during that final 90 days of my current non O visa?

if so that would be lovely.

You can do an entry on or before the Oct. 21 and get a new 90 entry then apply for an extension of stay at immigration during the last 30 days of that entry.
You can get an income letter from the UK embassy to prove you income which is well above the 65k baht requirement. No need for bank letters or bank books when you apply.
Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301359/Publication._Pension_2014._Master.pdf

You can do an entry on or before the Oct. 21 and get a new 90 entry then apply for an extension of stay at immigration during the last 30 days of that entry.

You can get an income letter from the UK embassy to prove you income which is well above the 65k baht requirement. No need for bank letters or bank books when you apply.

Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301359/Publication._Pension_2014._Master.pdf

thanks for your help, i will be taking the forms with me and keeping my fingers crossed when i get to immigration!