Scotsman Brutally Assaulted By Thais In Pattaya, Police Say

Lite Beer

Scotsman Brutally Assaulted By Thais In Pattaya, Police Say

By Khaosod Eng.

CHONBURI — Police say they are searching for two Thai men who brutally assaulted a foreign tourist in the popular resort town of Pattaya early this morning.

Police say the assault took place at around 1 am near Soi Bua Kao in Central Pattaya district. The attack left the tourist, who said he is Scottish, with severe injuries on his head and bruises all over his body, police told reporters.

According to Pol.Cpt. Noppadol Raksawong, CCTV footage in the area showed the tourist and another foreigner arguing with a Thai woman in front of a bar in Soi Bua Kao. Two Thai men later arrived on a motorcycle and one of them drew out a knife and started attacking the tourist. A brawl soon ensued.

Pol.Cpt. Noppadol said much of the fight was obscured on the CCTV footage by an umbrella, though the tourist could clearly be seen attempting to walk away, only to be further assaulted. The two Thai men reportedly left the Scotsman bleeding on the street and sped away on their motorcycle.

Pol.Cpt. Noppadol said the police are working to identify and arrest the two men seen in the CCTV.

"This is an act that shows no fear of the law, and it happened in front of many tourists in the area," Pol.Cpt. Noppadol said.

Crimes against foreigners are common in Pattaya, which is well known for its red light district.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1410593026&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-09-13

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is an act that shows no fear of the law, and it happened in front of many tourists in the area," Pol.Cpt. Noppadol said.

Amen to that whistling.gif

I guess that means the fact the guy got the shit beat out of him by a couple of mongrels is not a big deal.....but the shit is it happened in front of other tourists,

Its a wonder they did,nt say anyone posting a vid of this on youtube will be arrested and charged.

• Like 2

A post that was a derogatory generalism was removed. Please note this forum rule ...

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

They are usually a bunch of cowards, who wait until they have a gang before trying it on. Get in quick before they have time to call friends. Problem is, most farang low lifes in Pattaya are too drunk to notice they are in trouble.

now's not the time to talk about being righteous or brave, but rather be safe than sorry is more important.

• Like 1

The thai was armed with a knife costas

Are you Steven seagal or chuck Norris

Because if you are not here is some advice about

Dealing with armed Thais ....stay away from them if you value your life

Best thing to do if you want to help is call the police and try and film it with your mobile.

A few years ago I was brutally assaulted by two Thais with pool cues. I ended up in hospital with head injuries. Ironically this also happened on Soi Buakow and it was after an argument over a bar bill that was 3 times bigger than it should have been. The initial argument has been between my Thai wife and the bar staff. As we walked outside two Thai men jumped of a motorbike and attacked me. Other farangs turned a blind eye as I was beaten on the ground. My wife was also punched in the face by one of the men. Later she told me that the Thai men who were friends of the bar owner never once mentioned the money or bar bill. When they were hitting me they just kept shouting insults about farangs.

Edited by Scottish Gary
  • Like 2

According to the Thai press, the man attacked was 40 year-old Stuart Page who was with his 36 year-old friend Donald Banks. The girl involved in the argument was Page's 23 year old Thai 'girlfriend' Suthatta Promtun.

Looks like some Thais witnessing the argument took exception and called in the heavies.

"No fear of the law"? What law is that? ohhh the ones that are enforced when it suits those responsible for enforcement.

The cops normally pick this breed of lowlife up - makes for a good photo op and gives the impression that Pattaya is serious about addressing the 'crime problem'. The Red Bull heir, on the other hand .... :)

• Like 1

Thai bashing post removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Thai Men Attack Foreigner In Pattaya
249.jpg
PATTAYA – September 13, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 01.00 am Pol.Capt.Noppadol Raksawong-deputy inspector of Pattaya police station- was notified that a foreigner had been attacked and was injured in Soi Buakaw , Central Pattaya and the 2 attackers had quickly fled the scene on a motorbike. After notification the police officers and Sawang Borriboon Thamma Satharn rescued team rushed to the scene.

At the scene the officers found an injured man who was identified as MR. Stuart Page a 40 year old from Scotland. He had suffered cuts and bruises to his body so the officers performed first aid on him.

Upon questioning Mr Stuart he revealed that he was attacked in Soi LK motel road by 2 Thai men who suddenly fled from the scene on motorbike. Also the police officers inspected the CCTV in front of Mari Blue bar and found that it had recorded most of the incident.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/thai-men-attack-foreigner-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-14