Orthopaedic supplies pattaya ?

MrWorldwide

(Posting this in the Pattaya forum as it's more about the location of a shop than my back problem, but if the mods decide to move it I have no problem with that.)

Fell down the stairs at a local cinema a little over a week ago, reigniting an old back problem - mainly the muscles that are forced to support that section of my spine left unsupported by 3 crushed vertebrae - and I'd like to get one of these:

back-support-250x250.jpg

Perfect for Oktoberfest, right ? Tried Google with no luck - hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. FWIW, there is surgery available but there's no way I'm allowing anyone to poke around my spine if I can avoid it. The term 'placebo' and 'adverse effects' appear in every article I've found on Google - my doctor in Oz did little beyond telling me to get regular exercise and renew my Tremedol prescription when I overloaded my back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percutaneous_vertebroplasty

Thanks in advance.

I believe I have seen them in Homemart on Sukhumvit next to Big C also seen in Makro but Hardware House Ban Ampure definitely have them, have seen both types with and without the braces but can't remember which shop had which.

If the hardware places products are not what you are looking for (the one you show looks like the ones used for prevention in heavy lifting) try Falcino (sp?) pharmacy up near Tesco. They have a wide range of all sorts of goods like that. They may have a lighter weight version with adequate support that are popular for post operative support.

If you don't have any luck elsewhere there's a mobility/orthopaedic shop on Thepprasit that looks quite up-market and it may stock this sort of thing or else they may be able to order it for you. I can't remember the name but it's on the north side of Thepprasit about 100 metres towards Jomtien after Soi 10. Might be worth checking out if you can't find it anywhere else.