My options

Get a 30 Day extension for 1900 THB at your local Immigration

Thanks for that and how many times can I do that?

2 times, but the 2nd time you only will get 7 days.

So if you wanna stay longer after that, you have the following options

a- Get another (Double Entry) Tourist Visa from a Embassy or Consulate in another Country (Laos)

b- as you are over 50, you could get an extension of stay, but you need to show 800k THB in a Bank Account or Income of 65k THB p/m.

Edited by MJCM

Get a 30 Day extension for 1900 THB at your local Immigration

Thanks for that and how many times can I do that?

2 times, but the 2nd time you only will get 7 days.

So if you wanna stay longer after that, you have the following options

a- Get another (Double Entry) Tourist Visa from a Embassy or Consulate in another Country (Laos)

b- as you are over 50, you could get an extension of stay, but you need to show 800k THB in a Bank Account or Income of 65k THB p/m.

ok sounds good, thanks for your help

You can not extend a tourist visa for retirement purposes. You must first convert it to a Non-O visa, cost 2000 baht, which will give you 90days permission to stay and during the last 30 days (45 in some locations) extend that for 1 year, cost 1900 baht. If you are using the bank deposit method as proof of income it does not need to be seasoned for the conversion, but needs to be in an account in your name only for 2 months when you apply for the extension.

• Like 1

You can not extend a tourist visa for retirement purposes. You must first convert it to a Non-O visa, cost 2000 baht, which will give you 90days permission to stay and during the last 30 days (45 in some locations) extend that for 1 year, cost 1900 baht. If you are using the bank deposit method as proof of income it does not need to be seasoned for the conversion, but needs to be in an account in your name only for 2 months when you apply for the extension.

thanks, I have to see how I feel after staying first 90 days on a tourist visa, do I still want to stay longer...