When will we get 4G in the CM outskirts?

jaideeguy

The new government has put a complete hold on any and all 4G expansion until a new audit is preformed on all telecom companies. This includes a complete audit of TOT and CAT with possible combining the two into one company. I understand the need for these actions but unfortunately this means a possible 2 to 4 year set back for the internet in Thailand.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/4G-auction-digital-TV-voucher-scheme-on-hold-30236510.html

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/military-junta-suspends-4g-spectrum-auction/

Edited by khwaibah

Thailand remains in the dark ages while the rest of the world moves ahead??

In actual fact, my ADSL is slower now than it was 5 years ago.

As long as 'the masses' get their Facebook, they'll be 'happy' and they have no interest in data.

Edited by jaideeguy

As long as 'the masses' get their Facebook, they'll be 'happy' and they have no interest in data.

I am not sure I agree with what you say. In my experience ADSL in Thailand has improved dramatically over the years, and for not really any increase in monthly charge.

Maybe in your neck of the woods Dark, but out in Doi Saket area we did have a short window of high speed when they rolled out their 'Winet' [long range directional wifi] that worked great [meaning I finally got what I was paying for], but TOT quickly sold that out to over capacity and now we're back to the old slow ADSL. Slower than before.............

I am not sure I agree with what you say. In my experience ADSL in Thailand has improved dramatically over the years, and for not really any increase in monthly charge.

Maybe in your neck of the woods Dark, but out in Doi Saket area we did have a short window of high speed when they rolled out their 'Winet' [long range directional wifi] that worked great [meaning I finally got what I was paying for], but TOT quickly sold that out to over capacity and now we're back to the old slow ADSL. Slower than before.............

That has to do with relocating the equipment or more correctly in proper English cannibalizing it to use where spare parts were not able to be had easily according to unofficial sources when asked why to the honest workers. It means do not expect it any time soon.