PM Prayuth orders suspension of conference A/V system installations

webfact

PM orders suspension of conference A/V system installations
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha on Tuesday ordered the suspension and removal of all the high-end audio visual systems installed at Government House and set up a committee to investigate whether it is appropriate.

"I want all of you to calm down and wait for the right information," Prayuth said.

The premier said after the Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, the old audio-visual systems will replace the new ones and be ready for use in time for the Cabinet meeting next week.

The Bosch microphone systems, which were installed at the Cabinet meeting room in Command 1 Building, cost Bt145,000 each, but were reduced to Bt94,250 by Asavasopon Co after public criticism.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-orders-suspension-of-conference-AV-system-insta-30243391.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-16

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they need a microphone system in the first place. You mean to tell me that they can hear each other? Hey, I am hard of hearing but even I can always hear Thai speaking on their cell phones even in busy restaurants!

Oh my gosh, Thai govt/military conference rooms "must" have a microphone system...whether needed or not its always a status thing.

• Like 1

it's a good first step,

obviously with the world watching, something needed to be done, or else everone will think it is all the same old same!

Would have been nice to see some high management get canned for this though and even better if charges / jail time are made.

That would have sent a very clear message.

• Like 2

Removal of the system that is already bought?

No way you see your money back.. not in Thailand, with zero money back policy and zero guaranty...

If you'd keep up on the news, according to one Minister, they were installed WITHOUT payment first, and then the price would be negotiated.

Yeah, right.

• Like 2

it's a good first step,

obviously with the world watching, something needed to be done, or else everone will think it is all the same old same!

Would have been nice to see some high management get canned for this though and even better if charges / jail time are made.

Because the world cares so much about an A/V system, Thailand might but highly doubt the world does, maybe about dead tourists and human rights reporters in court and Visa crackdowns etc likely a few mics etc ? nope

• Like 1

He should be ordering the suspension of the incredibly divisive and thoroughly dislikable Pannada Disakul who is responsible for the blatantly corrupt deal.

In name Dept. PM Pannada may be responsible, but I would certainly also like to see the suspension of some of those higher level government bureaucrats involved. Like in many countries government officials seem to think that they have earned the right to perks while shuffling papers for a few years.

No way you see your money back.. not in Thailand, with zero money back policy and zero guaranty...

No contract, so not bought. So far also no information if any money has been paid out.

Keep in mind that Thai government organisations are notorious with as late of impossible payments.

The final report should make interesting reading though wink.png

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they need a microphone system in the first place. You mean to tell me that they can hear each other? Hey, I am hard of hearing but even I can always hear Thai speaking on their cell phones even in busy restaurants!

The microphone are probably to record their words for posterity, to enshrine their place in history......at least until someone erases it from history.

maybe the real reason for the removal is to keep their lies from being recorded.

The microphone are probably to record their words for posterity, to enshrine their place in history......at least until someone erases it from history.

maybe the real reason for the removal is to keep their lies from being recorded.

If that was one of the new features the old system didn't have I wonder why 'they' did want this new system in the first place rolleyes.gif

it's a good first step,

Because the world cares so much about an A/V system, Thailand might but highly doubt the world does, maybe about dead tourists and human rights reporters in court and Visa crackdowns etc likely a few mics etc ? nope

it's not about microphones, it is about corruption. If you are only focusing on microphones, you are not getting the big picture

it's a good first step,

it's not about microphones, it is about corruption. If you are only focusing on microphones, you are not getting the big picture

Oh i get the big picture all too well, the rest of the world wont tho, not over a few microphones.

• Like 1

AUDIO CONTROVERSY
Premier orders inquiry into pricey mics, has them removed

Anapat Deechuay
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha yesterday ordered the suspension and removal of high-end audio-visual systems installed recently at Government House, and set up a panel to look at whether they are appropriate.

He said the committee would investigate the purchasing process and whether it was necessary for Cabinet members to use such equipment.

"I want all of you to calm down and wait for the accurate information," Prayuth said to reporters after the Cabinet meeting yesterday.

Bosch microphone systems, which were installed at the Cabinet meeting room in Command 1 Building, were originally quoted as costing Bt145,000 each, but were reduced later to Bt94,250 apiece by Assavasopon Co after public criticism.

Asked if the Bosch microphone systems would be scrapped, he said it was now being investigated whether the system was appropriate and if it was necessary to use such high quality gear.

He explained that his original aim was a video conference system that allowed him to meet or see local officials face-to-face when he gives assignments. Moreover, the system would prepare for the Asean Community, he said, when regional integration starts.

He said as far as he knew the audio systems were new - just imported - so they had no median price yet and were still negotiating with the seller.

The premier said old audio-visual systems would be used temporarily and would replace the high-end ones for use at the Cabinet meeting next week.

The PM refused to reply when asked who should take responsibility, saying he would await results of the inquiry. He added that any conclusion about corruption in this case needed further investigation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Premier-orders-inquiry-into-pricey-mics-has-them-r-30243443.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-17

More likely to happen when a squadron of soldiers shows up at the office to enforce the money back claim...

He should be ordering the suspension of the incredibly divisive and thoroughly dislikable Pannada Disakul who is responsible for the blatantly corrupt deal.

In name Dept. PM Pannada may be responsible, but I would certainly also like to see the suspension of some of those higher level government bureaucrats involved. Like in many countries government officials seem to think that they have earned the right to perks while shuffling papers for a few years.

Like PM Prayuth, Deputy PM Pannada is a good man.

He already negotiate the microphones price down to 95K, far below the 199K market price, which saves the country MILLION.

Both PM Prayuth, Deputy PM Pannada should be awarded half of the country's savings. 50 50.

PM Prayuth 50, Deputy PM Pannada 50.