Phuket's English-language radio station back on air

webfact

Phuket's English-language radio station back on air
The Phuket News

1410927429_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- The regionally renowned radio station Live 89.5, which is owned by Class Act Media, was given the go-ahead today by National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission to resume broadcasting.

The station was one of some 4,000 privately owned radio stations that was ordered off the air following the coup, in order to clarify the regulatory framework of the nation’s broadcasting environment under the new administration.

Class Act Media Managing Director Simon Samaan said: “We are delighted with this development. Live 89.5, the only radio station in Phuket that operates fully in English, is now broadcasting again. And from today we will be able to resume our role of providing our listeners – mostly expats – with a valuable and much-missed means of providing entertainment and conveying important news and information, especially concerning local and national events from the government.”

Moreover Live 89.5 will feature a new face in its famed team, Phil Brandel, who will be hosting the Breakfast Show. Meanwhile the usual and familiar line-up will also be back on air, including Tim Shaw and Jason Wilder.

A key development is that the station is now broadcasting the BBC World News on the hour, every hour, from 7am daily.

“Phuket’s got its radio station back. Best news I’ve heard all day,” commented listener Ady Hughes, who learned of Live 89.5's long-anticipated comeback from a friend working at Class Act Media, shortly after the news broke.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket%E2%80%99s-english-language-radio-station-back-on-air-48758.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-17

• Like 1

You've got to feel sorry for Ady Hughes if that really is the best news he's heard all day.

I enjoy hearing that something is the best news for someone.

My opinion or sorrow for their feelings is irrelevant. Afterall, It's not all about Me.