Koh Tao - Friends of murdered Britons asked to remain in Thailand

webfact

Ah, what a relief! So it was one of these crazy farangs who did it. They are totally nuts really, have sex on the beach and do it with boys and girls. How immoral. We don't have that in Thailand.

So please dear farang, come to Thailand with your money but leave all these criminals and psychotics back home. We don't want to have these guys here.

I would suggest that they issue an arrest warrant then.

Remmber Kirsty Jones where they fitted up a Brit who paid his way out. Well, the odds that these people haven't already left is minimal.

Numptyish incompetent police work

Numptyish -- an informal and rare word that is precisely on target.

I have a hard time believing one person killed them both but lets wait and see.

The information is that the man suffered significant head injuries to the back of his head so it would appear he was incapacitated, unconscious or dying before the pair even knew they were being attacked.

That leaves possibly one man armed with a hoe and a woman terrifiied out of her wits.

I think this is very possible.

And who pays for their airfare to go home. Surely they lost their tickets once they missed their flights. If the police are asking\demanding they stay then they must be doing so for more than just qeustioning

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Man! They lost their friend. Do you know what does mean? Are you from Israel?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Very happy the police somehow were smart enough to hold the friends before they left!

It definitely looked like a crime of passion. Also it appears that both victims don't have any defensive wounds. So either they were passed out or it was someone that knew them. Where he got the hoe from or how he could use it so skillfully is still a question in my mind.

Glad the little Myanmar workers didn't get blamed for this. I bet they are still traumatized.! I hope this guy spends the rest of his pathetic life in a thai prison. !

I'm glad you have that all sorted out. Unfortunately, we are not in possession of all the facts and we are all guessing here. From what I have read can only I assume the couple were shagging in a quite corner of the beach and someone or some people were drunk/on drugs and felt horny. As an unskilled hoeman I am not sure just how much 'skill' it requires to sneak up on an intoxicated couple shagging and bash them over the head. Not a great deal I am guessing.

All the reports are so confused nothing is clear yet, so I see no reason to suspect or rule out any particular person or nationality at this point. DNA will soon sort out the bloodied shorts issue, no matter where they were actually found, but given the BIB's record of attempted stitch ups for murders, and the Thai media's record on reporting facts, I am not passing a verdict on this guy yet.

"I am not passing a verdict on this guy yet."

I, along with many of TVF members, am relieved at your reservation. We await your verdict with bated breath whenever you feel there is enough evidence for a conviction.

Court adjourned!

• Like 1

Can we get clarification as to where, the arrested suspect came from?

If British, is he from England, Wales, Ireland....or maybe he is from that perhaps, soon to be, FOREIGN place called.... SCOTLAND?

Edited by Torrens54

And who pays for their airfare to go home. Surely they lost their tickets once they missed their flights. If the police are asking\demanding they stay then they must be doing so for more than just qeustioning

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please, 2 people have been murdered and all you are concerned about is the cost of a plane ticket?

I would also be worried about the Thai police desperate to pin this crime on someone/anyone that wasn't a local.

Me, I would be out the country the next day and back in a country where some semblance of justice, evidence and rule of law are required ASAP.

Agreed. The Thai version of "justice" is typically apathetic but in cases motivated by politics and influenced by media can be downright scary ("investigations" seem to start out with a conclusion to which the Thai police work backward toward the evidence).

The friends wanting to leave the country doesn't imply guilt, but rather could be an indication of fear, imho.

Well, hopefully the DNA analysis isn't tainted and everyone can eventually find out what actually happened (the detained Brits could be in a room having semen milked out of them right now, an insane thought just about anywhere else but actually a remote possibility in Thailand).

RIP and condolences to the family of the deceased.

If we believe everything we read in Thai papers they will paint a very nasty picture .

Buggery by a farang on another male , rape and murder on both.

Highlight of western values.

Xenophobic blame for the whole thing.

Equally , and as sad western shock jocks are asking Muslims be rounded up who have scratches on their face or neck , who reside or work on this Island.

Their warped rationale is" motive"( was anti -westen hatred over war on ISIS )

I think its best to let due process occur and ignore Thai or tabloid press.

If this westerner is guilty the truth will come out.

I hate to say this and it sounds just as bad as their audacious comments (Blaming Burmese etc)

Its more likely a westerner ""DID NOT'' do this than did.

The weapon seems far less likely to be used by a westerner .

And the viciousness of the attack suggests a serious mental disorder /hatred.

Its possible a westerner could do this - just unlikely in this setting.

I hope i don't eat humble pie.

The motive for Christopher to kill David was that it was his boyfriend,& when he stumbled along the beach from the party drunk looking for David at 4am,heavily intoxicated from the beach party of 50 holiday makers,he found him having sex behind a rock with Hannah. In a fit of rage he looked for a weapon to stop them,there was a garden bungalow resort 30 meters away where I presume he found the hoe.he returned, smashed David first,while attacking him,Hannah grabbed his head to stop,at which point Christopher spun around smashing Hannah in the face in the darkness, knocking her down. He then had intercourse with his dead boyfriend,then returned to Hannah did the same thing.This is what, Koh Tao Thai residents are saying they believe to what actually happened& this story reached me from a French yacht captain arriving back on Koh Phangan an hour ago. DNA will be the key element to this investigation&rightful arrest at the end of the day.Sad tragedy,and lots of racial prejudice thrown around by people of different interests has been extra testing for locals,foreign residents & visitors alike.i hope soon the couple can rest in peace,& the true murderer arrested&the parents of the deceased can know what really happened& know the authorities arrested&tried the person who killed their lovely children.Peace out.

And you really think that a random gay bloke (of whom there is no proof he is gay), turns into a psycho killer, killing 2 people in jealousy, and then commits necrophelia?

Now I know why soap operas should be banned in Thailand.

Why would a happy gay bloke suddenly refund his heterosexuality and go off with a girl. The mere fact that this story is being pushed around shows how little Thai people understand foreigners.

• Like 1

If we believe everything we read in Thai papers they will paint a very nasty picture .

Buggery by a farang on another male , rape and murder on both.

Highlight of western values.

Xenophobic blame for the whole thing.

Equally , and as sad western shock jocks are asking Muslims be rounded up who have scratches on their face or neck , who reside or work on this Island.

Their warped rationale is" motive"( was anti -westen hatred over war on ISIS )

I think its best to let due process occur and ignore Thai or tabloid press.

If this westerner is guilty the truth will come out.

I hate to say this and it sounds just as bad as their audacious comments (Blaming Burmese etc)

Its more likely a westerner ""DID NOT'' do this …than did.

The weapon seems far less likely to be used by a westerner .

And the viciousness of the attack suggests a serious mental disorder /hatred.

Its possible a westerner could do this - just unlikely in this setting.

I hope i don't eat humble pie.

The motive for Christopher to kill David was that it was his boyfriend,& when he stumbled along the beach from the party drunk looking for David at 4am,heavily intoxicated from the beach party of 50 holiday makers,he found him having sex behind a rock with Hannah. In a fit of rage he looked for a weapon to stop them,there was a garden bungalow resort 30 meters away where I presume he found the hoe.he returned, smashed David first,while attacking him,Hannah grabbed his head to stop,at which point Christopher spun around smashing Hannah in the face in the darkness, knocking her down. He then had intercourse with his dead boyfriend,then returned to Hannah did the same thing.This is what, Koh Tao Thai residents are saying they believe to what actually happened& this story reached me from a French yacht captain arriving back on Koh Phangan an hour ago. DNA will be the key element to this investigation&rightful arrest at the end of the day.Sad tragedy,and lots of racial prejudice thrown around by people of different interests has been extra testing for locals,foreign residents & visitors alike.i hope soon the couple can rest in peace,& the true murderer arrested&the parents of the deceased can know what really happened& know the authorities arrested&tried the person who killed their lovely children.Peace out.

French Yacht Captain...via island gossip/hearsay/utter twaddle....i'm surprised Reuters haven't been in touch. Jesus wept.

RIP

Can we get clarification as to where, the arrested suspect came from?

If British, is he from England, Wales, Ireland....or maybe he is from that perhaps, soon to be, FOREIGN place called.... SCOTLAND?

The deceased man is from Jersey so you would assume his friend was also possibly. The deceased girl was from Norfolk i believe....

Not really the time or place for Scotland jokes clap2.gif