British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clicking on this link I get a nice message from the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.

I am in USA and I can see the page, it is quite detailed,

the CCTV is of a Thai or local, that is 1000% guaranteed, it looks nothing at all like the Brit,

however,

the Brit, has a brother, so there may have been two of them, which explains how they both could have been raped,

this is ugly for sure,

DNA does not condemn the brothers at this time

<snip>

Good to hear the Burmese were cleared. For quick closure I hope the evidence ends with the backpacker. Less damage to Thailand's identity for visitors. At least every inch of a break that Thailand gets now is a good break.

I don't give a damn of the nationality of the killer or the reputation of Thailand.

What I want is the real killer to be found for the sakes of the families of those kids and the sakes of other people being killed by the same murderer.

Now you are suggesting he might be a serial killer? What about one random act of passion? Maybe it was his girlfriend who was with the other guy who was murdered? Hope it was a foreigner, as it would be a disaster for Thailand, if it was a Thai man, or a group of Thai men. That's all Thailand needs right now.

• Like 1

Im afraid ive just seen the pictures really wish i hadnt but in a way glad I did sad.pngsad.pngsad.png .......... OMFG the poor girls injuries are HORRIFIC, i had no idea... the rage involved to do that is soo Over The Top, the poor girls family ........ this person or persons have to be caught, if not they he/ they will do this again.

Yes, there were extensive injuries. These images will forever haunt Thailand.

That's the ongoing problem. They won't forever haunt Thailand. Rape and murder by Thai men is commonplace. It was the rape and killing of Nong Gaem a few weeks back, countless other atrocities before that and there will be more in the future. Thailand continues to be a popular tourist destination despite of this and other revolting, worse than animal behaviour. It has always amazed me as to why anyone would want to holiday in such a country when the world is so full of far more beautiful places populated by civilized people who are not continually raping innocent women.

Im afraid ive just seen the pictures really wish i hadnt but in a way glad I did sad.pngsad.pngsad.png .......... OMFG the poor girls injuries are HORRIFIC, i had no idea... the rage involved to do that is soo Over The Top, the poor girls family ........ this person or persons have to be caught, if not they he/ they will do this again.

That's the ongoing problem. They won't forever haunt Thailand. Rape and murder by Thai men is commonplace. It was the rape and killing of Nong Gaem a few weeks back, countless other atrocities before that and there will be more in the future. Thailand continues to be a popular tourist destination despite of this and other revolting, worse than animal behaviour. It has always amazed me as to why anyone would want to holiday in such a country when the world is so full of far more beautiful places populated by civilized people who are not continually raping innocent women.

exaggerate much?

• Like 1

the girl was pretty small,

from what I can piece together from the article, it sounds like the young man was hit in the back of the head with a large rock, and then dragged to the water and drowned

the girl would have had to have been held down by at least one or more accomplices then raped and murdered

this is a horrifically brutal crime and the CCTV has two men without shirts and shoes running away

locals for sure and perhaps,

post-214613-0-87223400-1411011296_thumb.

Good to hear the Burmese were cleared. For quick closure I hope the evidence ends with the backpacker. Less damage to Thailand's identity for visitors. At least every inch of a break that Thailand gets now is a good break.

How on earth can you say such a thing,,,Does it matter what country the culprit came from?????? This is far more serious than a football match, Everyone here seems to treat is so.

I also live in Thailand,it would never enter my mind to quote such crap.

Yawn. Get off the crapper and take a chill pill.

It does matter where the killer is from. It makes a precedent of how this situation will change or effect the environment of the island and nation thereon after this heinous crime.

I only made the statement because in Thailand when there is a crime there is always a jump to conclusions whether it's by the authorities or the general public. And it always seems to be the bottom of the totem poll imported laborers taking the immediate blame.

So if it can be proven to be an isolated incident where visitors preyed on visitors versus the local or hired workers, it would prevent that inkling of passing off Thailand as the dangerous tourist destination.

Well here we go again,

As it happens I think Thailand is a very very dangerous place for young people to visit, Not all of Thailand, just a few places .I dont need to list them do I?

So England 1 Thailand 0 You still think this is a football match dont you?

they were in a very excluded spot, probably followed, as the CCTV footage stated there was a dark haired shirtless and shoeless man, wandering about,

the two men seen fleeing, were clearly, local looking young men, no shirt, no shoes, very black hair, and one of them had sideburns.

he is not going to be able to hide

according to the CCTV evidence, which does not show the murders, is of two Thai looking men,

now,

the two brothers that knew the male victim,

they tried to leave through BKK and were stopped there,

the fact that it is two brothers, is troubling,

the CCTV though, may be a better clue

the article stated that the brothers were not suspects, but the migrants were,

that may have changed, but there is no clarity

with these two brothers knowing the guy but not the girl, it isnt out of the question that he may have wanted the deceased to share her, and, if that happened, and he objected, a fight may have broken out, I can see that as a possibility, as, drugs may have been involved, and the girl, was pretty.

no robbery, is suspicious, as, it is had to imagine they wouldnt be robbed of whatever they had, if it was migrants

speculating on this, is almost as bad as people making light of it,

but I can see where one brother could demand access to the girl and a fight breaking out

I hope this is solved and the families given closure

Edited by SteveFong

exaggerate much?

So where is the exaggeration Jaydee? I think 3 decades here is long enough to form a valid opinion.

Apparently in the Thai language news the blood stained clothes were hidden in his luggage, also the guy had been raped too plus the girl had blonde hair in her hands, it's going to get interesting now for sure

i've just seen a picture of the guy, he doesnt have blond hair

Neither do local people by and large..

• Like 1

Has it been ruled out the hair allegedly found in her hand is in fact her own, pulled out in extremis during those final, horrifying moments she knew she was going to die?

Or has this not crossed anyone's mind given their willingness to believe the utter crap reported to have been said by the buffoons leading this shambles of an investigation?

PM said about bikinis.

feel free to provide his quote
He said it yesyerday.

And british mp had answer for it as well

Thai PM was trying shift blame on tourists...

I try find it.

It was on mirror.co.uk

Thank goodness for that, for a moment there I thought you were going to cite a real and useful newspaper, not one that comes with perforation strips in it for after use!

PM said about bikinis.

He said it yesyerday.

I try find it.

It was on mirror.co.uk

Thank goodness for that, for a moment there I thought you were going to cite a real and useful newspaper, not one that comes with perforation strips in it for after use!

Same in The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-thai-pm-suggests-attractive-female-tourists-cannot-expect-to-be-safe-in-bikinis-9737016.html

You do know that Satun is a long way from koh Tao? There is no muslim predominance in the Surat Thani/Samui/Tao area.

Then we disagree, perhaps Mosha can comment on this aspect from having lived in Chumpon for so many years?

I've lived on Samui for 15 years, and travelled all over the south by motorcycle and public transport. There is a small muslim area around HuaThanon on Samui, and you will see more headscarves in Surat Thani, but nowhere close to predominance.

I would agree with that. Surat Thani is a long way from the ''deep south'' and the Malaysian border. I lived on Samui for some years and was surprised at the number of Buddhist temples for such a small island. As mentioned Ban Hua Thanon south of Lamai has a Muslim (and Thai Chinese) population which adds a bit of diversity to the island.

Personally I have noticed more Muslim presence on the west coast from Ranong down to Phuket to Krabi and beyond than on the east side. Quite a few Mosques if you take that drive.

If the weight of opinion is that I am wrong in my observation then so be it and I admit that my use of the word "predominantly" was sloppy usage.

I remained convinced however that, taking Thailand as a whole, the Muslim influence and saturation rate is far higher in the South than in the rest of the country, it therefore follows in my logic and experience that attitudes are more conservative and perhaps less tolerant of misbehavior in the South than elsewhere in the country. My evidence of this is the various Muslim communities that flourish in Phuket, Krabi and Surathani, they are significant. But let's be perfectly clear, I have no axe to grind with the Muslim or any other religion, I raised this aspect solely to highlight the degree of intolerance that is often comes with some religion in attempt to help understand potential behaviors.

PM said about bikinis.

He said it yesyerday.

I try find it.

It was on mirror.co.uk

he was on thai tv as well man

he said something about being pretty and wearing bikini, and then he said if u ugly u dont need to worry about

and he said they need look in to tourists behavior

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-thai-pm-suggests-attractive-female-tourists-cannot-expect-to-be-safe-in-bikinis-9737016.html

Edited by mataleo

If a pack of crazed Violent Thai men are found to have done this <snip> Its not ignorance to suggest if the native population are killing your kind you don't go there.

You have issues to deal with.

Again your out of touch its silly to think that grizzly murderous acts can be shrugged off.

Go on twitter , its a buzz with people saying ""thats it"" if Thai men are found to have done this act.

Brits in Particular are very concerned by the barbaric nature of this heinous crime.

I don't have issues banning my child from her intended visit.

This is a shocking crime.

No amount of twisting or Mandy Pandy fluffing of events can alter the fact.

People have an aversion to being murdered by their hosts.

It will affect tourism extremely so.

maybee she-he need the place like this, alco, drugs, sex ;,

no hunt by police ;

People who only read newspaper headlines (big letters/teasers/revenue producing), without reading the detail (fact/less dramatic/tedious) and the ensuing quotes, deserve to be in turmoil and uncertainty forever and will always get things wrong.

I've unfortunately came across you many a time in tv. Your opinions are always biased. However, I need to hold my tongue otherwise will have posts deleted. I prefer you don't aim any of your personal conflict at me since we are obviously from a different Planet... I have categorically no respect for you whatsoever so lets keep it clean and stay out my posts please....

Please Note: I've noticed that if anyone on TV has anything to say against Farangs your always in like a flash with your LIKES ... Speaks for itself mate .. solid proof ... Go Figure !!!

not all farangs mate, just a certain flavour. go figure