Scottish independence: Decision day

webfact

Very good news that the UK politicans are now seriously considering much more devolution and even an English Parliament:

I always said this vote would change UK totally - no matter the result. thumbsup.gif

Edited by jpinx
  • Like 1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see early results from Shetland and Skye indicate a No win.

Is it over then?

I would assume those outer islands are hotbeds for independence.

Any Scot can chime in?

Both Shetland and Skye have a high %age of incomers in their populations......

I see early results from Shetland and Skye indicate a No win.

Is it over then?

I would assume those outer islands are hotbeds for independence.

I gather calls for the independence of the Shetlands have cooled - perhaps they weren't too keen on the prospect of reunification with Norway. I've not heard of the people of Skye calling for independence from Edinburgh.

It was never ever going to be anything but a No win.

Good to see.

Unfortunately some real hate and threats coming out the yes camp. Had two death threats myself this morning

a mssively fatuous analysis....and some highly inflammatory allegations!

No idea what that means :)

Silver lining; if the scots do vote to stay in; the UK government, Carmeron and the Chief whip are saying now I read, that as part of the further devolution of powers they will give powers to England. So only English MPs can vote on English issues.

Will be interesting to see where they take this exactly and of they have time to pass it before the next election. Conservatives not so stupid after all; there I was thinking they just promised away more for nothing- but actually planned to use it as a means to cement a greater power in the heartland.

Twice shy. We dont want Scotland to be like Norway.Quiet.Complacent and boring. You must be joking when you claim Norway shaped Europe.Or maybe you have been at the Scottish whisky. I assume you are refering to the Viking invaders who raped,thieved and killed where ever they went.Disgusting people and the first colonialists.Not like Scottish people.However,I have heard Norway is very beautiful and worth a visit. Lovely scenery and a bicycle riding King.

Here's some late-breaking news for you: William the Conqueror was a (French-speaking) Viking (Norman = Northman).

Every country in the world should be only be as boring as Norway and have their standard of living.

Twice shy. We dont want Scotland to be like Norway.Quiet.Complacent and boring. You must be joking when you claim Norway shaped Europe.Or maybe you have been at the Scottish whisky. I assume you are refering to the Viking invaders who raped,thieved and killed where ever they went.Disgusting people and the first colonialists.Not like Scottish people.However,I have heard Norway is very beautiful and worth a visit. Lovely scenery and a bicycle riding King.

Here's some late-breaking news for you: William the Conqueror was a (French-speaking) Viking (Norman = Northman).

Every country in the world should be only be as boring as Norway and have their standard of living.

Be careful what you say about the Normans - they left very little genetic impression on Enywhere in the UK.

Sarah Smith, BBC Scotland News presenter

Salmond statement

Posted at

05:32

We are expecting to hear a statement from Alex Salmond from his official residence at 10:00.

I reckon he's gonna resign as SNP leader.

A consummate politician but highly divisive.

Reckon the Yes vote would have had a better chance if Nicola Sturgeon had been the point 'man'.

B.B.C. Scotland Decides

News at 05:51

Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has conceded that the No side have won the referendum.

Edited by siampolee

Easy in the end as it always was going to be. Jocks, although a very bitter and twisted nation that carries a huge chip on our shoulders, are not that thick in reality.

Salmond was bang on the money abouyt one thing......Scotland does get to keep the pound

• Like 2

Unluck chaps, 55-45 at the mo. You've had your say and are harping on about this and that now. You are but one tiny part of a bigger whole and it's high time England (you know, the one with all the GDP and clout) had its say. I would actually prefer the UK to disband: The England knows where it's at and would continue to do well without anyone else. That won't happen, but for now: all jock MPs out of Westminster, an English parliament and a big look at the subsidy question.

• Like 1