Report--Agent Assisted Retirement Extension & Re-Entry Permit

sante

On 2 different occasions I have watched "visa agents" coming into the Patong immigration office and handing them stacks of visas and other documents. Not another person in sight except for themselves.

If a person wants to pay an agent to do a visa, fine by me. That means that person doesnt come into the office in front of me not having all the correct forms and slowing services up. Think about it just a little

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by 2fishin2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2 different occasions I have watched "visa agents" coming into the Patong immigration office and handing them stacks of visas and other documents. Not another person in sight except for themselves.

If a person wants to pay an agent to do a visa, fine by me. That means that person doesnt come into the office in front of me not having all the correct forms and slowing services up. Think about it just a little

Oh for pity's sake -- that was Patong and not another person was in sight. Isn't it obvious that other arrangements are made here in Chiang Mai where the I/Os are always busy. They undoubtedly have the I/Os upfront for us "retail" customers and others someplace else in another office handling the "wholesale" accounts.

And, you know, it's really not much different from when Hubby and I ran a greenhouse/nursery business. We had limited hours for the retail trade, when we had retail clerks roaming the grounds, on-the-ready to give advice to home gardeners. The rest of the time, we opened by appointment only to landscapers and other wholesale customers (golf course groundskeepers, garden centers, etc) who usually placed their orders in advance or came in and bought 15 of this shrub and 20 of that. Sometimes retail customers would complain about not being able to come in during non-retail times. About the wholesale customers getting "special treatment" Hmm, certain similarities.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

Oh for pity's sake -- that was Patong and not another person was in sight. Isn't it obvious that other arrangements are made here in Chiang Mai where the I/Os are always busy. They undoubtedly have the I/Os upfront for us "retail" customers and others someplace else in another office handling the "wholesale" accounts.

Well....for your info both times it was during high season and if you think Patong immigration isnt busy, obvious you have never been there. Point of the matter it happens at every im office where the white guy goes for immigration help all over Thailand. All over at every single one. The offices are always busy. Whatever the case, it happens and no amount of fussing or blaming people because they use them or blaming the io office will ever change a single thing. Quit yer yacking about it and realize it does.

It's their country; let them run it.

They allow visa agents, online appointments, early arrivals, whatever one wants.

Malaysia has a ten-year visa; we are all free to move there (or other places) instead.

I'm told Bangkok and Jomtien have fast, no hassle systems. We can move to these places as well. No one is forced to do it any particular way.

So everyone's happy. smile.png

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 1

Well....for your info both times it was during high season and if you think Patong immigration isnt busy, obvious you have never been there. Point of the matter it happens at every im office where the white guy goes for immigration help all over Thailand. All over at every single one. The offices are always busy. Whatever the case, it happens and no amount of fussing or blaming people because they use them or blaming the io office will ever change a single thing. Quit yer yacking about it and realize it does

2fishin2 you're a piece of work. Your previous two posts contradict each other. In the first you say "Not another person was in sight except for themselves" Then you state just the opposite about how it was high season and deride me for thinking Patong is never busy. I was just going on what you'd posted. Of course, I've never been there. Why would I? It has nothing of interest. And in case you haven't noticed, this is the Chiang Mai forum. Time to move along, isn't it?

I'm beginning to agree with those who think it's just pure jealously directed at those who can pay 5500 baht for a visa agent to make copies, and expedite the process for them. And this is from someone who has always handled the retirement visa process for herself, her husband and several friends -- at the busiest office in Thailand.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

What would happen if the immigration authorities said they would only deal with agents.?Could be a possibility , to make their life a lot easier.

It wouldn't be the first time a Government privatized a branch of its service. I seem to remember that it wasn't so long ago that the US Postal Service was a branch of government. Now it's a private company.

I'm surprised that the Thai government hasn't done this already. The cost comes out to less than 20 cents a day. If someone can't afford that, they can't afford to live in Thailand. I fully understand that some people wouldn't WANT to spend 20 cents a day. But would that be enough incentive to move to another country?

• Like 1

Well....for your info both times it was during high season and if you think Patong immigration isnt busy, obvious you have never been there. Point of the matter it happens at every im office where the white guy goes for immigration help all over Thailand. All over at every single one. The offices are always busy. Whatever the case, it happens and no amount of fussing or blaming people because they use them or blaming the io office will ever change a single thing. Quit yer yacking about it and realize it does

2fishin2 you're a piece of work. Your previous two posts contradict each other. In the first you say "Not another person was in sight except for themselves" Then you state just the opposite about how it was high season and deride me for thinking Patong is never busy. I was just going on what you'd posted. Of course, I've never been there. Why would I? It has nothing of interest. And in case you haven't noticed, this is the Chiang Mai forum. Time to move along, isn't it?

I'm beginning to agree with those who think it's just pure jealously directed at those who can pay 5500 baht for a visa agent to make copies, and expedite the process for them. And this is from someone who has always handled the retirement visa process for herself, her husband and several friends -- at the busiest office in Thailand.

There are a lot of piece's of work on this forum. It is supposed to be about sharing information and not bragging or recommending Google when you know the answer. Although It happens and most of us are guilty of it from time to time. How ever when you know the answer and deride those who don't rather than sharing it you are defiantly a piece of work. You Nancy are an asset to the forum as is several others. But for the most part it is hard to get information out of others.

Good job picking up on the posters two directly opposite posts.

I may from time to time be wrong but never just posting a falsehood in order to deride some one or for any other reason.

I will post this to show others how easy it is to help.

Assist Thai Visa are Chiang mai's leading visa service ...

www.assistthaivisa.com/

Assist Thai Visa are the leading company for visas in Chiang Mai. ... 2014 Assist Thai Visa 410/4-5 Chiang Mai Land Road, Chan Klan A.Muang Chiang Mai ...

‎Contact Us - ‎Retirement Visas - ‎Work permits - ‎Non Immigrant B

the phone number is 088 258 0139

Thanks Winnie

Perhaps, privatizing immigration are a good idea but at what price. 8 years ago in in high cost NYC, I got my Indian visa and paid a "whopping" ;) $10 (now $17) for the 3rd party service.

Here in lower cost Thailand, the current price is 10X or more for this service.

Folkguitar, I'm not sure where you got 20 cent per day. That would be approx. $73 or 2400B which is less than 1/2 of the prices being quoted.

There seems to be a strong afford to provide free advertisement these services.

Perhaps, privatizing immigration are a good idea but at what price. 8 years ago in in high cost NYC, I got my Indian visa and paid a "whopping" wink.png $10 (now $17) for the 3rd party service.

Here in lower cost Thailand, the current price is 10X or more for this service.

Folkguitar, I'm not sure where you got 20 cent per day. That would be approx. $73 or 2400B which is less than 1/2 of the prices being quoted.

There seems to be a strong afford to provide free advertisement these services.

You are absolutely correct. My math was off by half. Numbers never were my thing. But let's imagine it would be 50¢-60¢ per day... How does that really translate into day-to-day life?

What is the cost of a bottle of beer? I'm not a beer drinker, but I seem the remember hearing prices from 40-80 baht per bottle as an average.

So let's imagine that the cost of of visa agent is one bottle of beer per day less than folks drink right now. The people I usually see each day might have two bottles with lunch, another bottle or two during the afternoon, then several more in the evening. Is cutting down one bottle of beer each day going to seriously impact their drinking?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the cost of a visa agent really isn't a significant factor for the larger percentage of expats. If they 'can' afford to drink several bottles of beer each day, they 'can' afford a visa agent. I can appreciate that they may not 'want' to give up that one bottle of beer. (Lord knows we hear them screaming loud and clear when the bars close for the day on holidays.) Right now, it's their choice. That may change.

It's all about choices. I choose to use a visa agent. My wife chooses to renew her visa herself. Somehow we manage to live in the same house and not have our personal choice cause any difficulty between us. I don't insist she use an agent and she doesn't insist that I'm 'wrong' because I use one. I'm really not sure why that can't be the case here in ThaiVisa.

Well....for your info both times it was during high season and if you think Patong immigration isnt busy, obvious you have never been there. Point of the matter it happens at every im office where the white guy goes for immigration help all over Thailand. All over at every single one. The offices are always busy. Whatever the case, it happens and no amount of fussing or blaming people because they use them or blaming the io office will ever change a single thing. Quit yer yacking about it and realize it does.

I really that hope your last sentence was just an-in joke that has gone straight over my head; if not it was unnecessary. Ignorance can be forgiven and rectified, rudeness can't.

There are a lot of piece's of work on this forum. It is supposed to be about sharing information and not bragging or recommending Google when you know the answer. Although It happens and most of us are guilty of it from time to time. How ever when you know the answer and deride those who don't rather than sharing it you are defiantly a piece of work. You Nancy are an asset to the forum as is several others. But for the most part it is hard to get information out of others.

Good job picking up on the posters two directly opposite posts.

I may from time to time be wrong but never just posting a falsehood in order to deride some one or for any other reason.

I will post this to show others how easy it is to help.

Assist Thai Visa are Chiang mai's leading visa service ...

www.assistthaivisa.com/

Assist Thai Visa are the leading company for visas in Chiang Mai. ... 2014 Assist Thai Visa 410/4-5 Chiang Mai Land Road, Chan Klan A.Muang Chiang Mai ...

‎Contact Us - ‎Retirement Visas - ‎Work permits - ‎Non Immigrant B

the phone number is 088 258 0139

Thanks Winnie

To clarify since you cant figure it out for yourself, was that agents came into the office with a stack of their clients passports and applications. The single agent handed immigrations official with them. The actual clients/owners of the passports were not with the agent at the office.

So to reiterate to you that agents do this all the time all over Thailand where Farangs live and frequent, BKK, Pattaya, Phuket and yes your beautiful city of Chiang Mai.

Makes life much easier for everybody agents providing these services. If people dont like it, I dont know what to else to say. It works to the benefit of even non-paying customer. Think about it for just a couple minutes before you post up a stupid, illogical reply please.

Would you rather have an immigration office full of people without proper forms etc and have to wait behind them or would you rather have agents submit correct paperwork on behalf of their clients. I know what "this piece of work" would rather do. :)

Edited by 2fishin2
  • Like 1

I think it's time for 2fishin2 to crawl back to the Phuket forum where he can make contradictory posts and slander his fellow expats. The term "farang" isn't even used in polite company by the Thai people I know here.

I've never once visited the Phuket forum and I certainly wouldn't comment on their Immigration office. What is 2fishin2 doing making comments about what goes on in Patong in a thread about the Chiang Mai immigration office?

Isn't there enough to keep him entertained on Phuket?

I had to laugh at his rebuttal. He still doesn't understand the difference between empty and full.

I am just curious, can these agents submit multiple passports for visa extensions without having the clients present at CM immigration?

Not any more. They used to get your extension without you being there but now you have to attend too. It seems to negate the worth of their service.

I am just curious, can these agents submit multiple passports for visa extensions without having the clients present at CM immigration?

Not any more. They used to get your extension without you being there but now you have to attend too. It seems to negate the worth of their service.

If it's anything like what my company does then they would call you when it's about time to show up, then you drive over, sign a couple things, smile, and you're on your way again.

• Like 2

. It seems to negate the worth of their service.

Depends upon one's reason for using their service.

For me, I don't want to get up at 0:dark:30, stand in line for a few hours, then either have to sit around a crowded room for more hours, or make several trips back and forth to the office. I don't even want to sit up at my computer at 12:01 for a few nights, praying to get an appointment. If I can make just one 5-10 minute trip to Immigration, sign my name and leave, it's worth it to me. And if I don't have to make ANY trip there (as was the case of my last renewal,) it's worth even more! Combine that with the peace of mind I get from being absolutely sure that all of my paperwork is exactly what is being asked for (that week,) I'd say it was even value-added!

But everyone has a different reason for the choices they make. And as these reasons are based on individual wants and needs, ALL are valid. None better than another.

Precisely the reason I use them.....as does anyone/everyone else I've introduced to the idea.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

If it's anything like what my company does then they would call you when it's about time to show up, then you drive over, sign a couple things, smile, and you're on your way again.

Sounds great, except where do you park?

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great, except where do you park?

Airport Plaza, 10 minute walk (free)

CNX Airport Parking area, 5 minute walk (20 baht)

Service station opposite Immigration, 2 minute walk (20 baht)

Like any other city ,cant expect to park at the front door can we ?