KTM - MV Agusta Test Ride - 21.09.14

ll2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no testing the Duke 390.

I see lots of chatter on the Duke 390 Forum about hot start issues. Lots of cranking to start when hot.

Maybe too unreliable to put out to test ride?

Someone recently posted a youtube on the new RC390

This guy is funny too

Edited by mania

^ Thanks for the report Gweiloman, always good to hear opinions. I'm picking mine up on Friday morning and I'm going to try and squeeze in a couple hundred kms before I fly to Phuket later that afternoon so I'll be sure to add my first impressions as well.

Just a couple things to note, on the 899 you can adjust traction control within each of the riding modes so you could reduce the intrusiveness of the TC but still keep it in wet mode if you so desired. Also, the reviews I read have all said that Race mode is significantly quicker than Sport mode so I'm sure there was quite a bit more left in it, although it sounds pretty quick in Sport as well if it's unintentionally lifting the front wheel.

Looking forward to finding out for myself. 2 more sleeps laugh.png

there is review on you tube search baron von grumble for the first 10 mi hits he has it in sport mode and he thinks its a littleunderpowered he then sees its in sport changes it to race mode and falls in love with the bike...... The 15000 mile service on this bike on the UK is 900 quid or 45,000 bht .

Yeah I've seen it, he's a well known UK blogger and loved the bike. Preferred it to the 1199. Cool video. The MSN review also raved about it, saying it was the perfect balance between the 600's and the 1000 cc bikes that most people can't really ride.

Not sure about the servicing, but that's 3 years away with my mileage and a lot of that 45000 would be labour at upwards of 5000 baht an hour in the UK. Maybe 25,000 in LOS? I spent that on an exhaust for a Ninja 250 so I can't say it's going to be keeping me awake at night.

Let's see how the bike is. I am not brand loyal and have a horse in both races (Japan vs Italy) so I'll post an honest review on the bike - whether I like it or not - which will be quite a novelty on TV! smile.png

I hope I like it because an even more powerful inline 4 that needs a great rider on a long track to ride it anywhere near it's limits (not many on this forum I suspect) doesn't really excite me the way this bike does, but lets see smile.png

be careful jonny.

they might accuse you for things and they might assume things about you as well here!

they might accuse you like you don't know anything. they might t accuse you as wannabe rider coming from wannabe sport bike and more.

we have people with personality problems here i believe. hope talkers do not hate you as a doer jonny like my case on this derailed like hell thread by some kids over age 50!

and they say oh well, you have brand loyalty so your reviews does not count.

and some say, oh you dont know English is not good.

Some even might say, you dont know anything about bikes and all your posts are disinformation.

and on top they say, hey you need to respect the ideas of others, chk chk chk although the ideas they say based on misleading things, lies, business, rant, jealousy and egos!

good luck jonny!

For what it's worth, the Kawasaki ER6 line (ER6N,Ninja 650 and Versys 650), the Honda 500 series and the new Honda inline-four Honda CB®650F's are not for nothing so successful. They're greate motorcycles, with a good balance of focus and usability.... The naked ER6N, CB500F and CB650F are perfect naked bikes, the CBR500R, Ninja 650 and CBR650F offer a perfect balance between sporty and usability...., and the Honda CB500X and Versys 650 offer Adventure to a well designed platform....

It seems that the middle class (600 to 650cc) is ready for something we should maybe refer to as 650 sporttouring motorcycles.... Nothing bad about that. Real sportsbike are way to focused to be useful for daily commuting...

bullsh.....it as usual from richard. new terms in motorcycling history from him: 'Real sportbikes' and 'unreal sportbikes'biggrin.png just are you trying to be funny richard? what next? 'Surreal sportbikes'?

hey guys, do you really believe what richard says in this forum?

he was also saying there will be no cbr500r no cbr650f and many more - and i have been accused as liar and banned by mods as same guys here said i am lying and reported it to the mods that time and no such a thing as cbr650f! i am sure some remember! - , yet, he still cannot confess how many kms he made with his "REAL sport bike' mv agusta. if he still keeps that bike, let alone can ride it or not?biggrin.png

c'mon richard, you are the master of disinformation in this forum along with a couple of guys and what ever you bring here, most probably based on your business and to make money or your little knowledge about bikes.

so, just keep in mind guys. if richard says benelli or lifan is good, probably he says it bc he has some business connections. sorry richard but i need everybody know these.

and anyway, just let you know guys. again and again. there are sport bikes and non sport bikes

yes, sport bikes have different branches, some are sport touring, some are supersports and some superbikes etc.

still, all of these are sport bikes.

please read the definition of sport bike and where kawa er series or honda 650 series are in.

moreover, it is all about the rider at the end! a cbr500r can smoke much more powerful Italian bike bike on the right hands even a cbr300r.

which is also fixed with my experience!

For what it's worth, the Kawasaki ER6 line (ER6N,Ninja 650 and Versys 650), the Honda 500 series and the new Honda inline-four Honda CB®650F's are not for nothing so successful. They're greate motorcycles, with a good balance of focus and usability.... The naked ER6N, CB500F and CB650F are perfect naked bikes, the CBR500R, Ninja 650 and CBR650F offer a perfect balance between sporty and usability...., and the Honda CB500X and Versys 650 offer Adventure to a well designed platform....

It seems that the middle class (600 to 650cc) is ready for something we should maybe refer to as 650 sporttouring motorcycles.... Nothing bad about that. Real sportsbike are way to focused to be useful for daily commuting...

bullsh.....it as usual from richard. new terms in motorcycling history from him: 'Real sportbikes' and 'unreal sportbikes'biggrin.png just are you trying to be funny richard? what next? 'Surreal sportbikes'?

hey guys, do you really believe what richard says in this forum?

he was also saying there will be no cbr500r no cbr650f and many more - and i have been accused as liar and banned by mods as same guys here said i am lying and reported it to the mods that time and no such a thing as cbr650f! i am sure some remember! - , yet, he still cannot confess how many kms he made with his "REAL sport bike' mv agusta. if he still keeps that bike, let alone can ride it or not?biggrin.png

c'mon richard, you are the master of disinformation in this forum along with a couple of guys and what ever you bring here, most probably based on your business and to make money or your little knowledge about bikes.

so, just keep in mind guys. if richard says benelli or lifan is good, probably he says it bc he has some business connections. sorry richard but i need everybody know these.

and anyway, just let you know guys. again and again. there are sport bikes and non sport bikes

yes, sport bikes have different branches, some are sport touring, some are supersports and some superbikes etc.

still, all of these are sport bikes.

please read the definition of sport bike and where kawa er series or honda 650 series are in.

moreover, it is all about the rider at the end! a cbr500r can smoke much more powerful Italian bike bike on the right hands even a cbr300r.

which is also fixed with my experience!

He LL2,

Sorry but I'm never banned from Thaivisa, I never changed my user name. Also when on this forum the Honda 650cc was discussed I can remember that I had the idea that it was unlikely that Honda would go for an inline-four 650cc engine, and I was indeed wrong... but when is expressing somebodies ideas a lie?

Also, apparently my memory is not so good anymore as I cannot remember that I said that “there will be no CBR500R”.

You suggest that I always lie, so does that mean the Kawasaki ER6 and the Honda 500 and 650's are not great machines? Or is that the truth? Bit confusing....

By the way if you feel that your Honda CBR650F is more a sportsbike, I have no problems with it. But most of the time I would not describe a sportsbike as “easy-to-use” and “easy riding experience and value for money”. I have to agree that the Honda CBR650F is easy-to-use and is an excellent motorcycle for all levels of motorcyclists and for the price you pay in Thailand it's surely a value for the money...

• Like 1