KTM - MV Agusta Test Ride - 21.09.14

ll2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked a great day , thanks for the photos. Riding your Honda back home must of felt like a tractor - with the brakes stuck on , HE HE. I knew about the fueling problem with the F4 , it needs to be sorted. 1290 is an animal.Big well done to KTM and MV for taking the time , effort and money to put on such an event to showcase their products.In the past only Honda had the marketing to do this , but with so much better choice today , i hope more companies follow this example of KTM and MV.

• Like 1

Totally agree, there need to be more events like this. Hats off for the companies that pulled this off even though I couldn't attend.

This is the complete opposite to my experience with BMW in Phuket where they said they don't do test rides which was a little "<deleted>?" moment for me. I mean, come on. I am never gonna buy a bike without a test ride and how difficult is it for these huge companies to provide one for test rides?

A test ride event like this or like Honda did in the past are great opportunities to try their whole lineup and see which bike fits the best for ones riding style.

Looked a great day , thanks for the photos. Riding your Honda back home must of felt like a tractor - with the brakes stuck on , HE HE. I knew about the fueling problem with the F4 , it needs to be sorted. 1290 is an animal.Big well done to KTM and MV for taking the time , effort and money to put on such an event to showcase their products.In the past only Honda had the marketing to do this , but with so much better choice today , i hope more companies follow this example of KTM and MV.

after superduke 1290 any bike feels like a tractor, even f4laugh.png

seriously and frankly, honda is smoother and have better fuelling than all of the bikes i rode there.

ktm adventure was feeling like a tractor sure with that shaky twin and great traction. sure can go everywhere.

I rode an adventure when they first came out and the fueling wasnt too good back then , and caused severe chain snatch , but electronics have moved on greatly since and the F4 should have been sorted before release. How many times have bikes reputation been damaged (sometimes forever) by models been rushed out. The F3 sounds perfect and looks and sounds like a Triumph 675 on steriods - looks even better too. (IMO).The 1290 is a big engine for a twin , and a tribute it runs so " smoothly" at lower revs , an imposible feat just a few years ago.Thats progress , and we are all benefitting. More of these "taster days" please. EDIT - did you get the ladys phone number LOL.

Edited by ktm jeff

I rode an adventure when they first came out and the fueling wasnt too good back then , and caused severe chain snatch , but electronics have moved on greatly since and the F4 should have been sorted before release. How many times have bikes reputation been damaged (sometimes forever) by models been rushed out. The F3 sounds perfect and looks and sounds like a Triumph 675 on steriods - looks even better too. (IMO).The 1290 is a big engine for a twin , and a tribute it runs so " smoothly" at lower revs , an imposible feat just a few years ago.Thats progress , and we are all benefitting. More of these "taster days" please. EDIT - did you get the ladys phone number LOL.

Nope. My gf was with me:( and anyway i like her on bikes not off bikes:)

Jeff all ktms was great. what i am talking about are small nuances.

I liked duke 690! Love to have one. A great single.

And f3 man what a sound and power! Very very nimble and sure looks 100 times better than daytona.

Its a problem , trying to get big power but still pass noise and emmisions limits. This is the cause of any hesitation / stuttering at low revs , and to an extent , is unavoidable. Im a big Italian fan and the F3 is very tempting.Thinking of a Duke 390 for fun use , 690 is big for a single and difficult to fuel correctly but KTM seems to have done a good job on their bikes.

^

dont recommend 390 after riding 200. believe me. as you know both nearly same setup on these bike apart from the engine and and a couple of things so not much hope. sure ktm made in austria and made in india has a difference jeff.

690 was fuelling fine and feeling very light for a 690 cc bike. it was fun.

ktm sure has done a great job with the beast, 690 and adv.

Thanks for the info. Ive ye to ride the 200 or 390 but i thought both assembled in India , and a trip over to bring one back would be more worthwhile for the 390. What did / didnt you like about both these bikes.

Edited by ktm jeff

Yes , im well aware of the Italian nuances that can exagerate any slight problem , especialy , as you say , if you have came off a silky smooth (IMO slightly boring - to an extent) Jap bike.The Benelli BN 600 has a Yamaha engine and i think its much better bike than many will believe , or want to. I,d prefer some slight flaws on a bike compared to boring ,a bike has to excite me first , be "perfect" second , but thats just me , and my perfect bike and character tolerance is personal - and i own a Benelli Tornado RS Limited !.

Additional I love the idea that people give KTM and MV-Agusta so much credit. Both companies would probably not be able to stay alive if it was not from a steady money from from a Asian partner. For KTM this is Bajaj Auto who owns a good amount of KTM and probably could buy KTM within a few days if they stopped the credit guarantee... But than they would have an Indian owner.... Similar to MV-Aguasta, officially no Chinese have an interest in the company, but through a maze of European companies, Lifan Corporation is one of the biggest financial guarantee / sponsors of MV Agusta Motorcycles...

Yes , im well aware of the Italian nuances that can exagerate any slight problem , especialy , as you say , if you have came off a silky smooth (IMO slightly boring - to an extent) Jap bike.The Benelli BN 600 has a Yamaha engine and i think its much better bike than many will believe , or want to. I,d prefer some slight flaws on a bike compared to boring ,a bike has to excite me first , be "perfect" second , but thats just me , and my perfect bike and character tolerance is personal - and i own a Benelli Tornado RS Limited !.

Dear KTM Jeff,

I will make some detail pictures of the Benelli BN600 engine, and you figure out if it was based on a Yamaha engine.... Do not copy info without making sure it's true.... If you know who was involved in development of the engine you would be ashamed to call it a Yamaha copy....

Same as some people say that the frame is similar to a Aprilia chassis it's that the designer of the chassis also worded for Aprilia, and even Bimota. The ownership of the design is currently up to the Italian court, but if I guess about the dates ... Benelli has the oldest claim...

Ha Ha , thanks , i didnt know my Lifan 200 Cross (in Chiang Mai) was really a MV. A 46,000 Baht bargain !. Some bike makes ( MV , Ducati , Aprilia , Benelli , KTM ) are bought by people who dont want , what they see , as a bland bike , and they (me) help these companies and spread the word. Some people listen , some act , and buy them , some dont. I dont worry about what company ultimatly owns what - its the end product , the passion , that i consider and buy (buy into ).

but it's too bad, she drank this kool aid that white skin looks good.

Not sure what you mean?

Anniie is a Chiangmai girl.

She had a ice cream shop business here in CM till recently.

Like many Chiangmai folks she is fair skinned

Do you mean she needs to get to the beach more often for tanning?

• Like 1

Additional I love the idea that people give KTM and MV-Agusta so much credit. Both companies would probably not be able to stay alive if it was not from a steady money from from a Asian partner. For KTM this is Bajaj Auto who owns a good amount of KTM and probably could buy KTM within a few days if they stopped the credit guarantee... But than they would have an Indian owner.... Similar to MV-Aguasta, officially no Chinese have an interest in the company, but through a maze of European companies, Lifan Corporation is one of the biggest financial guarantee / sponsors of MV Agusta Motorcycles...

Richard. Good to see your still working hard for your corporate customers!

• Like 1

The problem is that you ride, as you tell on this forum, Japanese motorcycles, and while Honda is trying its best to make sportsbikes for everybody, the Italians are still trying to make sportsbikes that only “real” sportsbike lovers would appreciate.

Anybody who rides a Honda 500cc, the new Honda 650cc inline-four, or any of the cheap Kawasaki inline-four 650 or even the more powerful 800cc will find that a Italian motorcycle is different. First for everybody the fueling seems to be failing... and most people would be be thinking how so much people could write so much positive reviews

The thing is that what you all think are sportsbikes are actual wannabe sportsbikes, and while a wannabe sportsbikes now-a-day is a pretty good it will never beat a real sportsbike....

Sportsbikes by definition tell that the owner knows how to handle the motorcycle. Somebody who parks his Honda CBR650F “wannabe” and saddles a real sportsbike for the first time review is probably not the right person to give a review.

With this I also refer to LL2 review of the Benelli BN600 in which he describes several problems, while other people who bought the Benelli BN600 as a cheaper second bike to a Ducati or other Italian motorcycles seem to have no problems.

Just not even a thank you and getting attacked!

These kind of attacks are getting common here by squids, a....ss kissers, haters, etc.

Sometime i feel like why i bother to post here photos or information for these events! Maybe i am doing a mistake as what i see here are exploding egos in the night:lol: by the people does not have an idea!

Richard, what do you know about me? How can you assume me sitting on a sport bike first time? that is so funny.

TV s full of assumers and day dreamers! and they assume as they want. This is common in psychology. You are not competent and you are jealous and you start to assume things about people that are not real.

Maybe you did not like the reviews just bc you own a MV agusta?

Not sure maybe you - and your poor a...ss kissers - are jealous just bc i went there and test ride these nice bikes!

You still stuck on something richard. It is never about the sportbike. It is all about the rider. Cheap bikes etc just dont fool yourself richard! Haha. It is never about money too.

For example you have an mv agusta sitting somewhere most probably. You were stating that you are not riding it much? How many kms did you make with your real sportbike you paid 900 k?

And where are those real sportbikes on champioship levels?

What i see is honda and yamaha winning races! And italians collecting the horseshoes:D

My review of benelli is very honest.

Richard you know what?

Where are your reviews?

What do you add here?

If nothing to add, maybe you go write in your website as your post contains nothing objective and not based on test rides. Did you ride any of the bikes i tested richard? Apart from your mv?

So you just speak and nothing else.

Morever you have a website you run which never contains updated information so maybe you get pissed of when i post these kind of things?

Do you need assistance for your website? biggrin.png

I am sorry man nearly ten people appreciated my posts and review in this thread but you, c'mon man...you just sound so funny like a jealous kid:lol same as with your a...ss kissers:lol:

Or are you still making business and trying to have a rant?

And also would like to add; who defines a boring bike? So if shaky bike with a bad fuelling means a bike with character, a smooth bike is also another character. You keep this in mind guys.

A good bike is the one handles curves and goes nicely at least for me. not the one shaking and getting badly hot or hard to fuel. I am not a Starbucks guy sitting with my mv agusta my friend.

it is what you make of a bike, it is not about shaking, soul etc

I want you to test ride a honda cbr1000rr on a track for 10 laps Richard! that we can talk againbiggrin.png

or ride a cbr600rr in a congested city for a while!

that we can talk again as i dont want to discuss things with someone on down levels trying to do business in a forum by trying to fool people.

Edited by ll2