Teaching hours required for work permit

Is there a requirement for number of teaching hours to qualify for a work permit and extension of stay?

20 seems usual but not sure if that is policy or requirement.

Can most language school teachers meet the requirements?

Funny to compare this requirement to people complaining about possible increases in the require hours you must pay a language school to qualify for educational visa.

I don't have any official documentation on it, so cannot confirm 100%, but the Ministry of Labor person processing mine 3 years ago told me that the teacher must be full time, so teaching at least 12 contact hours a week / working at school for 30+ hours per week.

It sounded like they just want to make sure you have a full time job and can fully support yourself in country.

Hours required if you have no money = 10,000

Plenty of money ? = "O" !

A guy that lives on my moo baan worked in banking for nearly 30yrs in NY and S'pore, retired a couple of years ago and was going stir crazy so now teaches at a local government school, his kids go to the local international school. He teaches not because he has no money (he has plenty!) but because he enjoys it and it gives him routine. Sorry to disappoint you.

Is there a requirement for number of teaching hours to qualify for a work permit and extension of stay?

20 seems usual but not sure if that is policy or requirement.

Can most language school teachers meet the requirements?

Funny to compare this requirement to people complaining about possible increases in the require hours you must pay a language school to qualify for educational visa.

My contract is full time for 15 hours teaching per week (although in reality in only 12 hours because the lessons are only 45 to 50 mins long) I had no problem getting the teachers waiver or work permit

I have 20 contact hours, 9 rooms with 6 different different lesson plans per week.

Do you teach university or high school?

I teach at a university. My previous job was at a governmental college teaching 20 hours per week. Come to think of it, I think my previous employer stated that we had to teach 20 hours so the rules may be different between secondary and tertiary establishments.

Teaching students through M6 I belive work permits are controlled by TCT and now require an degree in education for experienced teachers (but any degree for people with no experience)

For teaching math, do all teachers have master's degree and above?

Teaching students through M6 I belive work permits are controlled by TCT and now require an degree in education for experienced teachers (but any degree for people with no experience)

For teaching math, do all teachers have master's degree and above?

Work permits are the domain of the labour office.

The labour office will not issue a WP without a teaching license or waiver there of from the TCT, depending on the kind of school one teaches. Not every school falls under the OBEC and the TCT.