Lite Beer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha.

They had a poll to find this out

Can they have an election?

With Martial Law still in place and politicians of any kind prohibited from activites, I think we can humour you and arrange an election. Mind you, if it's just for the fun of it, would you mind footing the bill? Only about 3 billion Baht or so.

Maybe they should have a poll of about whether they should have a poll.....

Is that allowed?

• Like 1

It's a good job they've got those prayuth recently approved A/V micophone set ups and multiple monitors because how could they possibly see him when he's that far away? whistling.gif

Though I notice they have low tech nameplates still - surely they all know each other , they've been working together for years......................

And hopefully will be working together for many years to come ! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Hahaha.

With Martial Law still in place and politicians of any kind prohibited from activites, I think we can humour you and arrange an election. Mind you, if it's just for the fun of it, would you mind footing the bill? Only about 3 billion Baht or so.

Maybe they should have a poll of about whether they should have a poll.....

Is that allowed?

It probably would be, but red supporters would not accept the result if it said they should have a poll. Unless of course the poll favored the reds/PTP.

Pheu Thai receives 23.5% support, down 5.8% from previous poll.

I wonder what the level of support will be when members of the black shirts are indisputably tied to Thaksin. The document evidence is piling up, can't wait for PTP to join the ranks of the past Thaksin parties....banned.

No need to wonder.

Thaksins' political parties have maintained a support level of between 52% - 60% of the electorate for nearly a decade and a half.

The fact that democracy has at the very least been "suspended" in the Kingdom is all the proof one needs that Thaksin still commands support from a majority of Thais.

If the figures quoted in the article were even remotely true (or realistic) then Thailand would be off to the polls to win international legitimacy for the junta.

Only the naive buy the crap spewed out by these establishment backed polls - everyone knows who will win any "one man, one vote" election in Thailand.

They say that if you throw enough of this stuff some of it is bound to stick. Seems like a lot of the people in Thailand have developed a teflon coating and it is just not sticking.

People are starting to wake up to the Shin lies, better late than never I suppose.

Pheu Thai receives 23.5% support, down 5.8% from previous poll.

I wonder what the level of support will be when members of the black shirts are indisputably tied to Thaksin. The document evidence is piling up, can't wait for PTP to join the ranks of the past Thaksin parties....banned.

No need to wonder.

Thaksins' political parties have maintained a support level of between 52% - 60% of the electorate for nearly a decade and a half.

The fact that democracy has at the very least been "suspended" in the Kingdom is all the proof one needs that Thaksin still commands support from a majority of Thais.

If the figures quoted in the article were even remotely true (or realistic) then Thailand would be off to the polls to win international legitimacy for the junta.

Only the naive buy the crap spewed out by these establishment backed polls - everyone knows who will win any "one man, one vote" election in Thailand.

They say that if you throw enough of this stuff some of it is bound to stick. Seems like a lot of the people in Thailand have developed a teflon coating and it is just not sticking.

People are starting to wake up to the Shin lies, better late than never I suppose.

I notice that you have not really answered his points. Why doesn't the junta hold elections if they have such overwhelming support?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hahaha.

Is Suthep going to foot the bill for the last election that shut down?

What is most telling is that 66.4% wanted the pm to stay until the job was done and 33.6% for just a year which means nobody wants him to step down now and hold a proper election which seems a bit of a stretch unless they were not allowed this as a choice???

What is interesting about that is that in most polls, particularly in Thailand, there is at least 5-10% that either say I don't know or don't answer the question.

I reckon that there were two separate questions.

Anyone interested in seeing Thailand exposed in the Raw would greet this news.

Those that like empty streets and massive discounts in accommodation , cheap prices for everything.

Those that want tourists afraid to book holidays .

Those that want Thailand to revert back to a stone age economy.

This is the right formula-

Because thats what will happen

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Anyone interested in seeing Thailand exposed in the Raw would greet this news.

Those that like empty streets and massive discounts in accommodation , cheap prices for everything.

Those that want tourists afraid to book holidays .

Those that want Thailand to revert back to a stone age economy.

This is the right formula-

Because thats what will happen

.. and to show how serious we are about this our friendly BMA has organised a car-free Silom for today to get used to it rolleyes.gif

I notice that you have not really answered his points. Why doesn't the junta hold elections if they have such overwhelming support?

Because they're not planning on running in the next election.

• Like 1

It's now or never.

And the country really has no other choice then reform and change.

If not, dark forces (read the corruption brigade) will drag the country back to the stone ages.

Democracy only works when a transparent legal and civil system is in place.

History has shown that where democracy is enforced (Vietnam is a good example) all hell brakes loose.

Puppets-payee instigators and opportunists destroy all the morals and values a democracy should arise.

.Now is the time for Thailand to rise to the occasion, and huge opportunities will be there reward/

Pheu Thai's policies were only "vote buying" if you believe that tax money should rightfully go to the elite, and using it on policies that benefit anyone else is a heinous crime.

If our "acid comments" are "music to your ears", then how come you are so keen on seeing them deleted?

Sorry, but the first sentence makes no sense to me, so I cannot comment on it.

I could not care less if your anal comments are deleted or not, but you have as much right as anyone to an opinion. The only posts I report to the mods are the blatant anti-junta comments. Sick of seeing "some" posters flogging that dead horse.

I had absolutely no intention of answering his points. His "points" were fabricated rubbish that were plucked from the air, as are many red flavored arguments on this forum.

As far as your ridiculous question regarding the junta holding elections if they have so much support, that just proves your ignorance on the subject. But see post #45.

Your name, ThailandNoob, suits you. biggrin.png

What is most telling is that 66.4% wanted the pm to stay until the job was done and 33.6% for just a year which means nobody wants him to step down now and hold a proper election which seems a bit of a stretch unless they were not allowed this as a choice???

What is interesting about that is that in most polls, particularly in Thailand, there is at least 5-10% that either say I don't know or don't answer the question.

I reckon that there were two separate questions.

The two results add up to exactly 100% so, most likely, the ppl surveyed were only offered a choice of two answers with no 'don't know' or 'neither of the above' options which makes the whole thing pretty meaningless.

As an extreme example, if you used the the same method with the question 'would you prefer the next PM to be Thaksin or Yingluck?' And ppl had to answer yes to one of them then it would be ridiculous to use the result as any sort of endorsement.

Let me think, what's the biggest problem? xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg.png

No problem at all. Every poll since martial law and censorship were imposed have consistently shown high levels of support for the junta. And you can't question the credibility of Bangkok Poll, because you probably don't have any idea who or what the heck Bangkok Poll is. I certainly don't, does anyone know anything about them?

If you want an amusing insight into the staff of "Bangkok poll", google Bangkok Poll and when asked whether you want the page translated select yes, then select board of Directors / Staff .

Apart from the expected boring old names like Gen. Sri Rama Vilas, there is the intriguingly named Protect your pretty or even better, You look fantastic moon rise area.

I kid you not.

Thailand needs an honest strongman in power for at least 15-20 years, or at least a succession of such men. This man must have Thailand's well being as his only goal, and not to line the pockets of friends and family like before. General Prayuth is looking really promising. I just hope he will not give up. But he needs a lot more than 1 year. They have not even started on the most difficult task, which is to reform the police.

• Like 1

It's now or never.

And the country really has no other choice then reform and change.

If not, dark forces (read the corruption brigade) will drag the country back to the stone ages.

Democracy only works when a transparent legal and civil system is in place.

History has shown that where democracy is enforced (Vietnam is a good example) all hell brakes loose.

Puppets-payee instigators and opportunists destroy all the morals and values a democracy should arise.

.Now is the time for Thailand to rise to the occasion, and huge opportunities will be there reward/

............................"History has shown that where democracy is enforced (Vietnam is a good example)"...................................

When I was there I got the impression it was Communism they were trying to enforce. whistling.gif

You mean to say that the 7 months shutdown and the coup were really not necessary to ensure that the Dem Party win in an election? Someone overshot the target.

In a democracy anyone winning a seat in parliament in an election wins.

Anyway, rumour has it that the coup was staged since even having the political parties and protest groups around the table with Gen. Prayuth looking over their shoulder, they could only agree on the 'fact' that the others were to be blamed.

Yes it's amazing that after 7 months of dispute and an abandoned election, 4 or 5 hours of talks "brokered" by the army wasn't long enough for them to solve all the problems. whistling.gif What's it like in your fantasy world?

In the first place, Gen Prayuth should not and should never be the broker for talks. Like Al Capone holding a base ball bat and circling the participants. The conclusion was never in doubt and the short 4-5 hours evident that what followed the breakdown of the talk was crafted. The previous government has gone beyond its limit by dissolving Parliment. Rest was staged as Rubi rumored.

In the first place, Gen Prayuth should not and should never be the broker for talks. Like Al Capone holding a base ball bat and circling the participants. The conclusion was never in doubt and the short 4-5 hours evident that what followed the breakdown of the talk was crafted.In the first place, Gen Prayuth should not and should never be the broker for talks. Like Al Capone holding a base ball bat and circling the participants. The conclusion was never in doubt and the short 4-5 hours evident that what followed the breakdown of the talk was crafted. The previous government has gone beyond its limit by dissolving Parliment. Rest was staged as Rubi rumored. by dissolving Parliment. Rest was staged as Rubi rumored.

The only bit that I agree with is this - ..................." The previous government has gone beyond its limit"................................

Hahaha.

Much as I dislike dictatorships, any election now is too soon. (And between 'who' and 'who' anyway?huh.png ) At least officials/authorities et al are hopping about a bit more now the words 'army coming!' are whispered laugh.png

I just found the fact that they had a poll to prove support for a govt created without a poll rather comically Thai.

• Like 1

So far, so good General Prayuth, Sir. You had to do what you had to do to pull The Kingdom back from the Abyss. Out side of some gaffes, I think he is the right man at the right time for Thailand. Although I am a Foreigner that works and resides here (American with Work Permit and Tabien Baan) I am still a guest here as are all non-Thai nationals. However, what affects the Kingdom's internal affairs has a direct effect on my business affairs externally. I am glad General and now Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha is steering the ship of state as it has brought stability back to The Kingdom in the eyes of the Global Community. IMHO.

Im UK citizen and have been living here 10yrs, have Tabien Baan myself, but hey, 10yrs is a long time to be a guest !

Would you say that the (approx) three million thais that live abroad consider themselves as just guests, don't think so somehow.

A vast majority of them are fully pledged citizens, second third generation have UK passports as do the ones living in the States , Aus, etc.

Pheu Thai's policies were only "vote buying" if you believe that tax money should rightfully go to the elite, and using it on policies that benefit anyone else is a heinous crime.

If our "acid comments" are "music to your ears", then how come you are so keen on seeing them deleted?

Sorry, but the first sentence makes no sense to me, so I cannot comment on it.

I could not care less if your anal comments are deleted or not, but you have as much right as anyone to an opinion. The only posts I report to the mods are the blatant anti-junta comments. Sick of seeing "some" posters flogging that dead horse.

I had absolutely no intention of answering his points. His "points" were fabricated rubbish that were plucked from the air, as are many red flavored arguments on this forum.

As far as your ridiculous question regarding the junta holding elections if they have so much support, that just proves your ignorance on the subject. But see post #45.

Your name, ThailandNoob, suits you. biggrin.png

In another thread, you told me that you would like to see all of my posts deleted for being critical of the junta.

Please tell me why you think it is so vital that free speech is suppressed.

And to answer the point about the junta not contesting elections, even if the military leaders don't stand for elections themselves, the Yellow side still have the "democrats".

BTW my name is a joke. I speak fluent Thai from having a luuk khreung half-sister.

• Like 1

You mean to say that the 7 months shutdown and the coup were really not necessary to ensure that the Dem Party win in an election? Someone overshot the target.

In a democracy anyone winning a seat in parliament in an election wins.

Anyway, rumour has it that the coup was staged since even having the political parties and protest groups around the table with Gen. Prayuth looking over their shoulder, they could only agree on the 'fact' that the others were to be blamed.

Yes it's amazing that after 7 months of dispute and an abandoned election, 4 or 5 hours of talks "brokered" by the army wasn't long enough for them to solve all the problems. whistling.gif What's it like in your fantasy world?

Yes amazing, isn't it. Even with (a clearly non-threatening) Gen. Prayuth looking over their shoulders, they were still playing their silly games. Not a single indication they were remotely prepared to even contemplate the feasability of working on the problems, let alone in cooperation with 'the others'.

Blinded, one might say.

So far, so good General Prayuth, Sir. You had to do what you had to do to pull The Kingdom back from the Abyss. Out side of some gaffes, I think he is the right man at the right time for Thailand. Although I am a Foreigner that works and resides here (American with Work Permit and Tabien Baan) I am still a guest here as are all non-Thai nationals. However, what affects the Kingdom's internal affairs has a direct effect on my business affairs externally. I am glad General and now Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha is steering the ship of state as it has brought stability back to The Kingdom in the eyes of the Global Community. IMHO.

Well said.

Lets hope Mr P get's heavy handed and makes an example of the corrupt and colluded rabble that have plagued Thailand for way too long now.coffee1.gif

Off topic posts, nonsense posts and replies have removed. This topic is not about the results of past elections.

Another post speculating on HM the King has been removed as well:

- Do not discuss succession or speculate on the future of The Monarchy.

^^^ That's a link, it might be advisable for some people to read this again.