Viewing options for the Ryder Cup

iainiain101

Friday is the start of the Ryder Cup, and I wondered what the viewing options are in Chiang Mai.

Firstly what are the home viewing options, internet, satellite, Thai TV?

and secondly are any bars / pubs planning on showing it with commentary on? I think the only Premier League game on Sunday is the West Brom / Burnley one but clearly there will be a clash on Saturday.

Thanks

Iain

Actually the only channels I watch on CTH are stadium 6 and sky news. I tried flicking through the channels once but it was incredibly slow so I gave up.

CTH is terrible for channel hopping for the exact reason you stated, the incredibly slow reaction between pressing the button and the channel changing. I thought it was just mine. If they didn't have EPL they would be ditched.

• Like 1

It's still mind boggling how such a Micky Mouse outfit managed to bid so high for the EPL!

Have they failed to broadcast any match so far?

What's your point?

I asked a question. If you answer it, I'll make a point. The point depends on your answer. It's not a trick question. Don't be so prickly.

tongue.png

Edited by Chicog

Actually the only channels I watch on CTH are stadium 6 and sky news. I tried flicking through the channels once but it was incredibly slow so I gave up.

CTH is terrible for channel hopping for the exact reason you stated, the incredibly slow reaction between pressing the button and the channel changing. I thought it was just mine. If they didn't have EPL they would be ditched.

Not slow on my tv- no probs.

Is UN Irish Pub the only place showing it?

How about that swanky sports bar at Kad farang?

I asked them but the guy there said he had to wait to hear from Bangkok what he was allowed to show, and that if the Premier League was on that would take precedence. Mind you he did say that being an American he didn't know what the Ryder Cup was.

• Like 1

Would advise all not to get between an australian man and television screen this saturday afternoon. The final match of aussie rules football, a minor sport except in OZ, will be shown.

UN Irish Pub are showing it

Aussie Rules Grand Final
Sat 10:00pm Sydney v Hawthorn

Would advise all not to get between an australian man and television screen this saturday afternoon. The final match of aussie rules football, a minor sport except in OZ, will be shown.

Aussie Rules Grand Final

I have a slight suspicion it will be on at The DownUnder Pub as well.

biggrin.png

Aussie Rules Grand Final

I have a slight suspicion it will be on at The DownUnder Pub as well.

biggrin.png

The AFL grand final is at 10am, with highlights repeated at 10pm.

Aussie Rules Grand Final

The only channel showing the AFL grand final in Thailand is Australian Network. It is being shown at 10AM to 3PM.

Aussie Rules Grand Final

The only channel showing the AFL grand final in Thailand is Australian Network. It is being shown at 10AM to 3PM.

Unless the general feels like spreading some more happiness around!

Anyone found ANY cover (or scheduled cover) of this great event on CTH/WeTv - even the Golf Channel doesnt show it -yet.?

Living in hope for today and tomorrow after yesterday evening's nailbiting finish. And I dont want to sit in the UN pub thanks-once was enough.