Stalker in a Chiang Mai Mall!

Mapguy

Happened to be at a place with an escalator today and found myself looking aound - saw one guy that seemed to be hanging around just watching - we were there 2 hours - saw him before and after.....kind of caught his eye and he moved.....

Can't say as I blame him for moving. If I had seen you watching me, having been there for two hours, and then you 'kind of caught my eye,' I would have figured you were some kind of hustler, that, or trying to pick me up! Either of which would have caused me to move out of your area PDQ! He probably thought that if you were hanging around the mall for two hours you were up to no good!

Wife and I were walking along hand in hand with our shopping carrying bags....not really looking like on patrol.....

Something just doesn't compute...

You managed to keep him in sight for two hours? He was standing still, and you were walking... What? Circles around him, or more of a back and forth pattern?

Yep... I'd feel pretty weirded out myself.

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happened to be at a place with an escalator today and found myself looking aound - saw one guy that seemed to be hanging around just watching - we were there 2 hours - saw him before and after.....kind of caught his eye and he moved.....

Can't say as I blame him for moving. If I had seen you watching me, having been there for two hours, and then you 'kind of caught my eye,' I would have figured you were some kind of hustler, that, or trying to pick me up! Either of which would have caused me to move out of your area PDQ! He probably thought that if you were hanging around the mall for two hours you were up to no good!

Wife and I were walking along hand in hand with our shopping carrying bags....not really looking like on patrol.....

Something just doesn't compute...

You managed to keep him in sight for two hours? He was standing still, and you were walking... What? Circles around him, or more of a back and forth pattern?

Yep... I'd feel pretty weirded out myself.

Especially if he has "that look".

• Like 1

Nope - went several different places to shop....happening to pass by the same area a few times + ran some stuff to the car...this guy stayed stationary/same area - place - standing.....

OK, that makes sense... So he was just standing there for two hours.

Was he approaching many different young girls? Obviously if he was just standing there he wasn't following anyone around the mall. Seems as if there would have been quite a few young women coming up the escalator over the course of two hours, but he just stood there watching people...

During this time you were walking... and watching people.

What precisely is the difference?

So far in this thread we have stalkers, KSK filled with streetwalkers (mallwalkers?) and sleazy short-time massage parlors, malls filled with child molesters... I have this really odd feeling that I'm living in some sort of parallel universe, 'cuz I haven't seen any of this despite often shopping in the malls. I have seen men sitting around in malls watching people. I've also seen women sitting around watching people, and kids sitting around watching people. Am I so naive that I don't realize that all these men are stalkers and child molesters and the women all hookers?

Or is it just 'some' of them?

• Like 2

I'm guessing because I'd never contemplated it before that there are individuals with the pattern of behaviour the OP noticed....since most of us might frequent a mall possibly once a week there might indeed be a cast of characters/types we would never be attuned to with ambitions other than shopping.....there might be a little uncurrent of society in and of itself....intriguing - possibly creepy - dangerous?? I'd think a mall would offer both extremes...relative safety for shoppers....relatively annonymous hiding for people with other agendas.....this thread sure makes going to a mall less hum drum now .....a whole labrynth of possibilties.....

re

They're great places to hang out and

pay your ais phone bill !

and see a bit of the thai super model contest

which was at central festival mall today smile.png

dave2

Well, dave2 is no stalker. Camera was looking down from above, not looking up from below whistling.gif

• Like 1

Well, it couldn't possibly have been Dave so stop sullying his reputation! Neither my wife nor I noticed a camera!

The array of speculative posts and "stalker sitings" reported does boggle the mind.

This guy struck me after thinking about it as relatively harmless. The young ladies seemed to be taking care of themselves quite well. And he wasn't carrying a hoe.

The experience did spark some free association with unfortunate comments elsewhere by a political leader.

Otherwise I am amazed at what must be going on in malls to which I am apparently basically oblivious. Gives going shopping a whole new dimension!