Flexible exhaust pipe

Crossy

I put this in bikes because of the small size required.

I need a metre or so of roughly 1"/26mm (inside diameter) flexible exhaust pipe (like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26mm-x-1M-Heavy-Duty-Universal-Flexible-Stainless-Steel-Flexi-Tube-Exhaust-Pipe-/281409870598?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item418555db06 ) to extend my genset exhaust outside its new 'silent' (ok a bit quieter) enclosure.

Currently exhausting inside the enclosure, quiet but gets very warm, I can handle the increase in noise from an external exhaust (maybe add a bike silencer too).

Anyone got an outlet nearby that has this?

Cheers

I once built a similar gen enclosure in in europe from ytong,i remember i had to enlarge the manifold and go up to the next size flexy exaust pipe....car silencer works best mounted outside of course,

BTW it still ran too hot, but as it only kicked in either by remote or auto when power demands were high from the solar system it never became a problem.

Thanks for the ideas chaps, problem is (as always) locating a supplier.

The local bike man hasn't got flexy but he said he'd weld up a custom pipe, it will still need some sort of vibration joint mind.

I've used a bit of 1" galvanised flexible conduit as a temporary solution, it's by no means gas tight but quite a lot of the exhaust gets to the end smile.png

Enclosure has a 12" exhaust fan at one end (air inlet at the other) with baffles to try to reduce the noise. Made from 15mm ply, currently no sound insulation (a job for next week) but it already takes the edge off the racket from my air-cooled genset.