Has the software changed - not displaying post/edit pages correctly.

jpinx

In the last couple of hours the posting and edit pages are not displaying correctly. No formatting buttons at all, and when trying to quote/reply the original is not shown. I use iceweasel in Debian stable updated about a week ago without issues until today.

post-122054-0-11542200-1411301316_thumb.

post-122054-0-15298900-1411301346_thumb.

Some International Internet circuits are experiencing severe packet lag, and as a result pages that rely on external scripts and css will have issues fully rendering as expected.

Pages that wouldn't render correctly with a direct internet connection render fine when I employ Hola! VPN browser extension.

Also, make sure your system, system add-on, or browser isn't filtering scripts as that will severely affect how ThaiVisa works.

Edited by RichCor

I thought of the connection speeds for the various elements and left plenty of time for it to load. I was brought up on dialup internet and I haven't forgotten the basics. ;) No better this morning but I'll try a VPN later when I have time. ThaiVisa is the only problem but it is not a priority -- appearances to the contrary. ;)

Yes - I guessed that, but that's the only change I've made and it fixed things. Chatting with linux devs led me to believe that IPv6 is still a bit flaky sometimes, especially in the cloud, but it's not possible to be more specific without a detailed analysis - which would be a pita and hardly worth the effort. I appreciate your heads-up in any case :)

Try to set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

That should help.

I have that on the laptop, but can not find out how to change DNS on android device without being root. Any pointers ? smile.png

If using the google public DNS Servers 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 are helpful, most people find changing the setting on their Router the best at it issues IP, Gateway, DNS info to connecting clients.

If you want to change Android WiFi connection manually: by choosing

WiFi

[ + ] Add Network

[x] Show Advanced Options

IP Settings ( change DHCP -> STATIC )

Enter your IP , subnet, Gateway and DNS preferences for this network entry

or try editing a previous network entry

Really depends on your android version and what device options the manufacturer may or not implemented. Also, method changed with Android v 4.3 forward.

Try to set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

That should help.

I have that on the laptop, but can not find out how to change DNS on android device without being root. Any pointers ? smile.png

If using the google public DNS Servers 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 are helpful, most people find changing the setting on their Router the best at it issues IP, Gateway, DNS info to connecting clients.

If you want to change Android WiFi connection manually: by choosing

WiFi

[ + ] Add Network

[x] Show Advanced Options

IP Settings ( change DHCP -> STATIC )

Enter your IP , subnet, Gateway and DNS preferences for this network entry

or try editing a previous network entry

Really depends on your android version and what device options the manufacturer may or not implemented. Also, method changed with Android v 4.3 forward.

=========================>>>

Thanks for that - but my setup is otherwise...

I have a mobile (Sony xperia E) and I connect the laptop via wifi to the hotspot. There's no apparent options for DNS changing in Sony's android 4.1.1 and all the apps I find need root access, or they have some dubious VPN solution .

Do you have any experience of that. DNSet is one like that.

Edited by jpinx

I have a mobile (Sony xperia E) and I connect the laptop via wifi to the hotspot. There's no apparent options for DNS changing in Sony's android 4.1.1 and all the apps I find need root access, or they have some dubious VPN solution .

OK, you're connecting to mobile 3G and then using the tethering/WiFi Hotspot option to share the connection. Different kettle of fish, as they say.

That would require a rooted phone and special software.

Yours is not the normal Average Joe Internet connection. If you have support questions later on you may want to let them know how your connecting as it sometimes makes a big difference in isolating the issue.

OK, you're connecting to mobile 3G and then using the tethering/WiFi Hotspot option to share the connection. Different kettle of fish, as they say.

Yours is not the normal Average Joe Internet connection. If you have support questions later on you may want to let them know how your connecting as it sometimes makes a big difference in isolating the issue.

Yea - I have some trouble doing things a "normal" way ;)

I'll probably give the app DNSet a whirl and see what this thing that seems to be "dns over a vpn" is all about. I'll wait till I'm somewhere that has a "normal" wifi so that I can debug easily :)

If you're interested I'll come back later and report - though it has to be said that there's probably not much call for doing it "My Way" w00t.gif

post-193352-0-30417600-1411836798_thumb.

It works fine with FireFox, but why i can't type anymore with Chrome?

I am using Windows Vista and a mobile phone(Android) with a tethered connection

Then your issue is with Chrome. You can reset Chrome in the Chrome advanced settings.

Hope this helps.

The Forum's Reply area uses special program scripts to enable Web 2.0 features. The scripts are supposed to get loaded along with the page content but sometimes are delayed so don't get included in the page render.

People utilizing mobile 3G/LTE data connections to supply their Internet have reported issues getting these features to work consistently with Chrome Browser. Other browsers don't seem to suffer this problem.

If the reply area has worked in Chrome on this machine before and only recently started being an issue, you can try clearing your Chrome browsing data, delete ThaiVisa cookies, or reset the browser.

• Like 1

I have to say, I know little of what solutions you guys are discussing above ... well beyond my pay grade ... however.

However, I do often get the issue that the reply part/window/box doesn't load properly or that many/all of the icons/buttons don't load.

What works for me is to then hit the 'More Reply options' button ... never fails to load and work correctly.

Thanks, i haven't changed a single thing, but now it's working again.

It's been several days like that, no way to reply or add new topics, as i could not write anything into the box, just a blank box with no editing options and the "More Reply Options" was the same, also logging in/off to solve this issue did not work either, i could logout and login again but no difference to the reply's box, same problem with private messages too...

Lets hope it stays like that, now it's back to normal.

Edited by SOMeTOM

Any webpage that fetches parts of itself from different places in the cloud is susceptible to the vagaries of the internet because of the wobbly connections that are commonplace nowadays when using 3G or similar mobile connections. It is not uncommon for a page to load in a "stuttering" manner, or in a worst case, with bits missing.

I am having the same problems as David48 and SOMeTOM only more severe. Follow this topic stopped working. Multiple quote box isn't even displayed. Edit is displayed but not working.

All worked before and stopped for no apparent reason. I am dumb computer-wise and do not even understand what you guys are talking about... HELP!... Drives me nuts!

ABCer,

As you're now responding in this thread I'll request to keep your responses here and have a mod close the other thread to keep the discussion on one place.

My questions from the other thread:

Please let the Support Forum know:
Type of computer or device and OS version
Name of browser where the issue us occuring
Your Internet Service Provider name, type (DSL, Cable, PtP Radio, 3G/LTE, etc), subscription speed and current speed to ISP.
How is your device connected (Ethernet cable, WiFi, tethered WiFi to mobile phone, etc.)
Suggest you also try using another Browser (Firefox, Opera, IE, etc,) to see if they also duplicate the issue. This can help diagnose where the issue may be.
Is this a recent thing, has the connection worked fine on this exact setup before (no equipment or software changes)

Ahh, yes, forgot to mention. Nothing changed in my machine. But for the last three days my indoor personal router has fcuked up. I am working off the public one in the garden. The only difference I see is the 'signal strength' has gone from Excellent to Very Poor. Can this be the problem? I went through 3 Thai routers in the last 2 years. Currently expecting the Netgear latest model from AUS.

Is this the cause? Why would it be?

Ahh, yes, forgot to mention. Nothing changed in my machine. But for the last three days my indoor personal router has fcuked up. I am working off the public one in the garden. The only difference I see is the 'signal strength' has gone from Excellent to Very Poor. Can this be the problem? I went through 3 Thai routers in the last 2 years. Currently expecting the Netgear latest model from AUS. Is this the cause? Why would it be?

A weak signal from a public Internet connection can definitely have an affect on your Internet experience.

Receiving an internet connection over a radio link (WiFi, 3G, etc) can have issues even with a good strong signal. When the signal is weak, or among other devices in a signal-congested area there are bound to be problems.

In order to test if the 'garden public WiFi' is the issue it would require getting your computer as close the the source signal as possible. If that is not possible or easily done then it may be best to wait until your replacement home router is received and configured for your home connection.