Finance c.o cant find my credit rating. After opening a bank acc, is a credit file generated ?

3 weeks ago I applied for finance for a car with my wife acting as guarantor.

Ive given them every document you can think of. My WP did not have my name in thai and the dealer even assisted putting that on a photoshop version of my WP

Basically, they have now said that they cant find my credit report. I told them that I have never applied for a loan in thailand. I have 2 bank accounts.

After opening a bank account, is a credit file generated?

thanks

After opening a bank account, is a credit file generated?

No simply becasue the act of opening an account and putting your own money into it has nothing to do with credit, you would need a Thai credit card or have previously taken out a loan in Thailand to have a credit file

The fact your wife is standing as guarantor mitigates the need for a credit file, this is why they require a guarantor in the first place cos you dont have a credit record...thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

Bought a house here last year with my missus. Had to get a credit report for the bank. The credit bureau office is near Asok Phetchaburi Road junction at the back of True Tower in the Government Housing Bank. Bring your passport and they will produce credit report based on this and your name. Think it was 100 Baht. SCB was happy with this.

Bought a house here last year with my missus. Had to get a credit report for the bank. The credit bureau office is near Asok Phetchaburi Road junction at the back of True Tower in the Government Housing Bank. Bring your passport and they will produce credit report based on this and your name. Think it was 100 Baht. SCB was happy with this.

Indeed, the outfit in question is the National Credit Bureau, they have a number of offices around Thailand and many banks can get the reports too (not same day). Website here https://www.ncb.co.th/Default.htm

I had to go to the office at GHB when we applied for our mortgage, but Citi managed to do it all by remote control (I had to sign a consent form) when I got my credit card.

Both times only required my passport (not WP) which is obviously only in English.