TAT: Thai tourism will quickly rebound following govt's statement on Koh Tao murder

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is total rubbish TAT, do you still have that frumpy little woman ,with specs wears a grey suit as your Director ?

She is a great ambassador to have representing tourism for any Country.

As other posters have said , a tragedy has taken place unsolved, on a tiny island of death and your thinking money number one, i hope this goes global so you hear the wrath of the outside world, your still in that bubble , never i believe to come out, what is it with you, this is the 21st century, not <deleted> Edwardian times, which im sure you won't comprehend !

Time to stop the parties and save lives , get it !!!

Not this time. This Ko Tao tradgedy has just created critical mass of bad news. If your in 20's and 30;s you do not have to pay for it. The mainland coast of Central Vietnam has island clear water.So why visit Thailand. And for those general types of tourist , I see them going elswhere also.

Edited by morrobay

I cannot tell you how relieved I am that tourism will be ok. I mean, there's a murderer still at large out there but as long as TAT will be OK then that's all that matters.

Scumbags.

More accurately it's probably the money that's the most important but a good point anyway.

I seem to remember there was a thread about a week ago saying that tourist figures and claims about tourism in general aren't all that accurate. This is probably what they're hoping for rather than what they know will happen

Not this time. This Ko Tao tradgedy has just created critical mass of bad news. If your in 20's and 30;s you do not have to pay for it. The mainland coast of Central Vietnam has island clear water.So why visit Thailand. And for those general types of tourist , I see them going elswhere also.

AMEN to that..

Of course your opinion is important but the facts are not on your side. There have been tanks in the streets numerous times and riots and burnings and closed airports, gem heists (Blue Diamond too) and hundreds of murders of people of all nationalities and tourism just keeps chugging along.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Catch them and we will be grateful .

But don't we will stay away

Thailand and its people will always be a great people. Shit happens. Yes it's bad that these two people have been killed, but show me one country in this world that does not have this type of behavior. No matter where you go, bad things can happen. Tell me where in the western countries, a young woman will walk around after 1or 2 in the morning in a bikini and not be harassed. I will bet Fred Flintstone has never even been to Thailand.

After reading this post is my question: Have you ever been to Thailand?

Catch them and we will be grateful .

But don't we will stay away

Thailand and its people will always be a great people. Shit happens. Yes it's bad that these two people have been killed, but show me one country in this world that does not have this type of behavior. No matter where you go, bad things can happen. Tell me where in the western countries, a young woman will walk around after 1or 2 in the morning in a bikini and not be harassed. I will bet Fred Flintstone has never even been to Thailand.

A lot has been made about a bikini but looking at the last photo of Hannah taken that night she was wearing a top and a skirt. Your comment is on the side of "she was asking it" which is abhorrent.

For the record I have known at least 5 people who have died here in accidents or murders and I witnessed a fatal hit and run. 4 of those were children too. All within 4 years of me coming to Thailand. I have never seen anything like even 1 of these cases in all of my life growing up in the UK.

Don't try to wish away the realities of this country just because you are in love with the myth of it.

First of all, there were not 28 million arrivals last year. It was demonstrated last week, that that figure included visa runs, and all business visas. The level of deceit on the part of the TCT, the TOT, the AOT, and the TAT when it comes to using these additional groups to demonstrate higher tourist numbers is mind boggling. That a state institution would resort to this level of dishonesty is a real shame. No govt. numbers can ever be used as a comparison, due to this level of govt. deceit. How many of these total arrivals are returning from visa runs? How many are business visas? Many millions I am sure.

And secondarily, what is she basing her hypothesis of a recovery on? A theory? What theory? Just because it has happened before? The world is changing and evolving. There are more choices than ever. Thailand is becoming more difficult, and it is wracked with bad PR, and one black eye after another, in the world press. There is such a thing as a tipping point. I think most posters on this forum would not mind seeing tourism here decline. Changes are the natural order of things. An ebb and flow. Things are getting more expensive here, and there is no effort to provide better service, nor better expertise with regard to tourism. So, the possibility of the tourism sector not recovering to the level these silly officials want, is very real.