Road Crash injures driver on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

Road Crash injures driver on Pattaya Beach Road

crash-53.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police have yet to confirm the cause of a road crash which occurred on Pattaya Beach in the early hours of Sunday.

The crash involved a Toyota Swift car, driven by Khun Sarawoot aged 35 and a Refuse Truck, which was in the process of taking refuse from a business situated on Pattaya Beach Road, close to the Tropicana Hotel.

Khun Sarawoot’s car slammed into the side of the stationary truck and for a time, he was trapped inside his badly damaged car. Due to suspected neck and spinal injuries, he was immobilized at the scene and taken to Hospital where the extent of his injuries are still being assessed.

The Refuse Truck driver was Khun Sombat aged 24, who felt the impact and rushed to the rear of his vehicle due to concerns about his refuse collector, Khun Somport aged 27, who was able to jump out of the way of the speeding car at the last moment, avoiding any injuries.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/146199/road-crash-injures-driver-on-pattaya-beach-road/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-22

i always spare a thought for these garbage collectors working from the back of the truck, some drunk running into the back of the truck crushing the workers

So True.....

I have great respect and admiration for these guys......they do a very unpleasant job in extreme conditions

But always seem to be "smiling and happy"

GOOD ON "YOU" GUYS wai2.gif

• Like 1

What about the SPEED ??? He must have been racing when i see the result of thee impact.... on Beach Road !?!?

The collection is usually later at night, not so much traffic. The guy had to be drunk, high, both, or trying to sms. He'll do it again.

• Like 1

i always spare a thought for these garbage collectors working from the back of the truck, some drunk running into the back of the truck crushing the workers

I think there was such an incident a few years ago, guy lost both legs. sad.png

It just indicates the poor driving standards when you think bin collectors need a truck like this following behind for protection.

post-20091-0-42964800-1411368486_thumb.j

Edited by Basil B

Maybe the refuse truck had plastic sacks hanging over its rear lights (they often do) and being stationary collecting rubbish on the right hand side of the road may have been seen very late by the car driver. Not all night-time drivers are drunk.

My first thought was that the garbage truck as parked up loading rubbish on the right side of the Beach road which could surprise someone, but looking at the picture I can't figure out what happened.

As other posters say, these guys work hard at an unpleasant job and deserve some kudos.

They came up my street at 7pm yesterday to take the rubbish.

But I occasionally have negative thoughts about their driver... you can figure that out yourselves! biggrin.png

Edited by jacko45k