Over 100 investigators involved in probe of Koh Tao tourists' murder

webfact

What is wrong with me , am I getting pissed of with the B/S emanating out of Thailand or am I just getting Thai Burn out , another pain in the arse knee jerk reaction, will lead to no-where, no 4 thought , complete lack of knowledge and all who authorised this should be sackedbah.gif .

• Like 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why only negative responses? Personally, I think there is a hell of a lot more police work being done than is publicised and instead of being so critical, why not let the police/investigators do their job and if anything, be positive. So, unless any of you 'nay' sayers know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, would it not be best to keep quiet about it?

why?

..... because ever since this incident occurred 95+% of the posts on this thread and the multitude of others have been demeaning and negative which does not help anybody at all. That's why.

Yea, just say nothing. So what if the're doing a bad job - least they're trying, right?

Everyone keep quiet and think positively. If we do this for long enough, maybe the killers will hand themselves in. Leave it even longer and maybe we'll all just forget about it. It's giving some people a headache and that's not fair.

How long have you been here?!?!

Why only negative responses? Personally, I think there is a hell of a lot more police work being done than is publicised and instead of being so critical, why not let the police/investigators do their job and if anything, be positive. So, unless any of you 'nay' sayers know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, would it not be best to keep quiet about it?

You obviously haven't been following this very closely.

And the farce goes on.100 extra personnel, indeed one can just visualize the competition twixt the characters involved and the total destruction of evidence and leads in their attempts at self promotion by these ''chocolate teapot characters'' in the Police farce force.

Chocolate_Teapot_03_by_InfiniteDream.jpg

my thoughts exactly why on earth do you need 100 people you need a small group of cluey cops to figure this out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

10 policemen from the yard would have caught the killers by now this is turning into a farce as each day goes by 100 investigators sunbathing on the beach !

can U imagine how much evidence has been tainted or destroyed, with these dummy's stumbling around like a bull in a china shop

I doubt very much there's things going on we don't know about as to date the BIB can't stop talking.

Remember too the BIB, DSI etc have a habit of telegraphing their punches in advance about what they intend to do then lo and behold they can never find anybody.

The simple fact that the Police cannot keep their collective mouths shut has in part caused the problem itself. They failed to follow the evidence rather shoot from the hip ( normal way ) and found that what they said was NOT backed up by the evidence.

This has given time for those that know to deal with everyone else to keep them quiet, had the Police collected and acted on the evidence they had, the results now would be I am sure different. By teplgraphing what they know and what they are going to do, allows certain people to make sure the offenders are long gone, maybe that is what the BIB want, I don't know but it does seem to many of my colleagues and other retired police officers that is is a complete c***- up.

• Like 2

And the farce goes on.100 extra personnel, indeed one can just visualize the competition twixt the characters involved and the total destruction of evidence and leads in their attempts at self promotion by these ''chocolate teapot characters'' in the Police farce force.

Chocolate_Teapot_03_by_InfiniteDream.jpg

Give them a break, there was not much evidence for them get positive leads. The hoe, cigaret ends and the evidence from the lady. They did one very bad mistake by not closing the island down, no one in no one out.

This is what I have been saying for days, in a murder investigation it is always paramount to keep your best leads, evidence and suspects close to your chest and not made public, however the BiB have made so many announcements and claims I wonder how much evidence and leads they really have, maybe they have been telling the world everything they know...

I doubt very much there's things going on we don't know about as to date the BIB can't stop talking.

Remember too the BIB, DSI etc have a habit of telegraphing their punches in advance about what they intend to do then lo and behold they can never find anybody.

The simple fact that the Police cannot keep their collective mouths shut has in part caused the problem itself. They failed to follow the evidence rather shoot from the hip ( normal way ) and found that what they said was NOT backed up by the evidence.

This has given time for those that know to deal with everyone else to keep them quiet, had the Police collected and acted on the evidence they had, the results now would be I am sure different. By teplgraphing what they know and what they are going to do, allows certain people to make sure the offenders are long gone, maybe that is what the BIB want, I don't know but it does seem to many of my colleagues and other retired police officers that is is a complete c***- up.

You are dead right mate.

No. The very moment they announced that they didn't need the US FBI after saying they were going to get help, my alarm system went off.

I immediately believed, right or wrong, that they didn't want to catch the killers. If they don't, maybe it's corruption. I don't know.

But they wasted all of the valuable first 48 hours trying to pin in on Europeans and when that failed, migrants and they even said that a Thai couldn't have done it. They spent the first 48 hours corrupting the crime scene and letting people leave the island.

Then we found out they didn't have the ability to determine race via DNA and sent it to Singapore. But they haven't allowed any outside investigators in to help them.

If the Yard or the FBI which share the same massive DNA databases and the same forensic techniques had gotten here within 48 hours and been allowed to go to work, they would have run the killers to ground in another 48 hours.

But someone doesn't want that. Ask yourself "why?"

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

+1

The arm chair detectives on TV are completely ignorant of solving crimes and they watch television and see a crime solved in an hour program and think this is the way things are done. They have absolutely no clue what the investigative process consists of and what might be required to follow up on leads. I am not going to defend the Thai police as being without some problems but this constant criticism on murders that only happened a week ago is nuts. Koh Tao is a small island without sophisticated equipment, forensics experts, etc. All those people had to be brought in. Ever watched the TV program about Cold Case Files. Some of these get solved years after the crime. At least it appears that they are putting 100% effort into solving the case although one might question whether it is for justice or to save face concerning world opinion and tourism.

• Like 1

This case is both sad and ridiculous. The murders were initially not treated very seriously until World opinion finally made the police and the General get serious. But, by then it was way too late. Now, sending 100 investigators after the case is more than a week old? Good luck with that. Had the island been locked down immediately after the murders were discovered and the 100 investigators sent THEN, the case may have been solved. And, what a weird reward amount! Why not make it an even million baht?

the very first press release stated that they had closed all the piers and no boats were permitted to leave

I know everyone has a short attention span, or may have missed that, in their attempt to belittle the Thai investigators

You missed a follow up BBC article saying that no, they didn't close off the island, they just said they did.

• Like 2

wilcopops, on 23 Sept 2014 - 09:04, said:

What I find disconcerting is whatever the outcome it would appear from the nature of the media reports that the police have little ability to handle or investigate a crime like this and seem pretty much unaware of their shortcomings as well.

One hopes that there will be a successful outcome in the end, for the families' sakes, but one would also hope that this will bring about a major overhaul of how the Thai police are trained to handle such incidents in the future.

History shows they will "sit out the storm," then continue as usual. Thailand marches by the beat of its own drum, no matter how out of step, with the rest of the world, it is. All through its history it has only "changed" in the last 100years, due to foreign "intervention," it has never had to "invent" any "wheels" but for some strange reason still can't get things right. You would think it easy to copy, but even in this Thailand fails.

Until they start DNA testing the rich, influential land owners relations (which will never happen) this will remain unsolved. Somebody has a relative they know has done this kind of thing before who suddenly left Koh Tao last Monday morning but is covering up for them. Most likely waiting it out in Phangan or Samui.

Well the 48 hours TV show that is on Friday nights in america shows time and time again how the police botch investagations an more time than can be imagined it looks like a inocent man goes to jail. They interview jurors that say he must have done it who else could have.

The problems seems that no one has any experience with this kind of crime or crime scene and unforunately for the victims this looks like a freaken circus. They can teach csi in school but until you get to a real crime scene well good luck.

v

Hopefully this will somehow improve the way the Thai's investagate crime from this day forward helping them see how flowed they are but the EGO of man is so huge that I really dought this will happen.

You obviously haven't been following this very closely.

@ gemini18 - If it is relevant, touching 30 years. You?

@ Phuketandsee - Quite the opposite but I am a realist. Yes, mistakes have been made but there is an awful lot going on that you, me and the rest of Joe public don't know about. It is for that reason I am not being so negative.

South, on 23 Sept 2014 - 09:06, said:

Um... because we have seen all this before...time to wake up Dorothy.