Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

Lukecan

The only thing that matters is that justice prevails, the only thing ?

Its a fact that previous cases have gone unsolved because of local police corruption. Its a fact , admitted by the RTP that this case was heading the same way. You may not like to see ' Thai bashing ' but it is the constant media attention that has driven this investigation forward.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone seen interview on Thai PBS just now? Looked very much like the "boss" suggesting the Sean was seen on the night of the murder covered in blood ?

Might of got the translation wrong but there could be another twist.

Apart from the fact there was no DNA linking him to the victims ??

The reason Sean ran away is that the now suspected murderer said he was the murderer because he said he was covered in blood the night of the murders.

So that is why he took the law into his own hands, and wanted Sean to hang himself for his crime? Well it is said that they said "you got blood on your hands", but why would they not go to the authority with such information? Specially knowing that the prime suspect is known to have been interfering with the investigation? Wouldn't it make sense that when this suspect, was at the crime scene just after the bodies was found, that he would provide the police with that information?

Has anyone seen interview on Thai PBS just now? Looked very much like the "boss" suggesting the Sean was seen on the night of the murder covered in blood ?

The reason Sean ran away is that the now suspected murderer said he was the murderer because he said he was covered in blood the night of the murders.

Yes that was the impression I got. Does anyone believe this rubbish? I suspect there will be DNA matches lacking here, the guy looks like he knows something we don't and he is pretty sure he will be clear.

I must be missing something, and I hope I am.

But I just scanned various Thai and British news media, and it does not seem like anybody has yet been arrested for the murders.

In fact, the headlines of some Thai media seem to have been ratcheted down several times since mid-afternoon.

Now they simply say that two well-connected Kho Tao men came in for questioning and DNA tests, and both were released.

No arrests were made. They were simply questioned and let go.

There have been reports of police saying that they think they have enough evidence to make an arrest "soon" or "by the end of the week", but what does that mean?

I hope like everybody they catch the vermin who did this and they get what they deserve. And I believe like many it was a well-connected Kho Tao heavy who is responsible. Maybe the police are just methodically collecting enough evidence. But if they have enough to arrest somebody, then do it, and continue to solidify the case afterwards. The investigation doesn't end with an arrest.

Nothing is done until it is done---especially in Thailand. And until someone is arrested, charged, and convicted, nothing is over.

So what am I missing that everyone contributing to 26 pages of posts are not?

Edited by Bleacher Bum East
  • Like 2

Lukecan

The only thing that matters is that justice prevails, the only thing ?

Its a fact that previous cases have gone unsolved because of local police corruption. Its a fact , admitted by the RTP that this case was heading the same way. You may not like to see ' Thai bashing ' but it is the constant media attention that has driven this investigation forward.

Here, here let's hope justice prevails. Who is that poster who looks like Seanya Twain? Nothing personal, just commenting.

I must be missing something, and I hope I am.

But I just scanned various Thai and British news media, and it does not seem like anybody has yet been arrested for the murders.

In fact, the headlines of some Thai media seem to have been ratcheted down several times since mid-afternoon.

Now they simply say that two well-connected Kho Tao men came in for questioning and DNA tests, and both were released.

No arrests were made. They were simply questioned and let go.

There have been reports of police saying that they think they have enough evidence to make an arrest "soon" or "by the end of the week", but what does that mean?

I hope like everybody they catch the vermin who did this and they get what they deserve. And I believe like many it was a well-connected Kho Tao heavy who is responsible. Maybe the police are just methodically collecting enough evidence. But if they have enough to arrest somebody, then do it, and continue to solidify the case afterwards. The investigation doesn't end with an arrest.

Nothing is done until it is done---especially in Thailand. And until someone is arrested, charged, and convicted, nothing is over.

So what am I missing that everyone contributing to 26 pages of posts are not?

They know who it was but arresting mafia needs back up from bkk.

I wonder where the son is by now, he has had an 8 day head start....

Not just the girlyboy son...three others...

And the multitude of others that helped coverup the scene investigation...the DNA tests...the exit of all real suspects...the hiding of said suspects in various parts of Thailand...the intimidation and planned "suicide" of a a Scots Farang who knows the dark side there...to become an easy scapegoat out for the corrupt R(lol)TP that are so called "investigating" these gruesome murders that the world stage is watching closely...

Party to a capital crime of murder reaches far...but TIT. Land of corruption. $$$$ talk here.

Boycott the filthy corrupt island of Koh Tao. End their revenue. Stop the money. That will end their crap empire.

Sadly it will not bring back two innocent beautiful people in the prime of their lives, looking to Koh Tao as a tourist holiday resort before heading to fulfil their careers.

I have posted much of this on every single Tourist site I can find to deter people from even thinking of coming here.

Apologies to the real Thai people that work for a living here, but your corrupt Police and girlyboy Mafia have cemented your financial ruin...

BOYCOTT KHO TAO!!!!!!!

Would not be enough,boycott all

Who knows, maybe Sean was actually at the beach while the murder took place, but escaped. Could easily also be that the "boss" (who ever he refer to but my guess is the village headman) are trying to make a twist in the story, to save the skin of his brother and son. I guess we have to wait and see.

Yeah that is what I was saying, just trying not to be so obvious about it.

I agree with that. do you think of Koh Tao as extremely dangerous and not a place one should visit?

No, but when you go to the rock, you should be very much aware about things are run there. It's not as many other places in this country. Koh Tao is one of the places where families are running the show (mafia), where many other places it's "another organization".

But anywhere in this country, you have to be careful to get into conflicts with the locals, and specially at Koh Tao where the chance are that the conflict would be with member of "the family".

Why and how should tourists have to be very much aware about how things are run there?

These are just people going on holiday.

It all begins with Swallows and Amazons and ends up with that weak film "The Beach".

For them, life on Samui, Phangan, Phi Phi, KT et al is the stuff of boyhood dreams.

Adventures of the bourgeoisie!

"The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world...."

So by implication, if the case was not the focal attention of the world, there might well have been the arrest of 'scapegoats'...

The good police chief's words, not mine....

• Like 1

"The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world...."

So by implication, if the case was not the focal attention of the world, there might well have been the arrest of 'scapegoats'...

The good police chief's words, not mine....

And according to Thai media the accused man was interviewed for 3 hours then released. Where is he now? Malaysia?

I agree with that. do you think of Koh Tao as extremely dangerous and not a place one should visit?

No, but when you go to the rock, you should be very much aware about things are run there. It's not as many other places in this country. Koh Tao is one of the places where families are running the show (mafia), where many other places it's "another organization".

But anywhere in this country, you have to be careful to get into conflicts with the locals, and specially at Koh Tao where the chance are that the conflict would be with member of "the family".

Why and how should tourists have to be very much aware about how things are run there?

These are just people going on holiday.

It all begins with Swallows and Amazons and ends up with that weak film "The Beach".

For them, life on Samui, Phangan, Phi Phi, KT et al is the stuff of boyhood dreams.

Adventures of the bourgeoisie!

Sounds like hell to me. Issan, the farm, the garden centres, DIY stores, about as exciting as I get.

• Like 2

Not sure about Thai law.. but in the majority of any other countries.. Sean would not be seen as a credible witness anyway as he has a criminal record.. So reliable other evidence and DNA match is definitely going to be needed.. hope they do now have the correct people and the samples for DNA given are really of the said people specified..

If the recent crackdown on the taxi-mafia and opportunists encroaching on public land and the beach in Phuket is anything to go by, Koh Tao is also doomed to be shut down too as a result of the circumstances surrounding this event. Out of control greed, corruption and lack of police enforcement on Koh Tao is ultimately to blame in the end for loss of these innocent lives. No doubt there is also rampant mutterings on the island of ghosts now present, and if so, then a collapse of the local economy will most likely be definitely on the cards too.

Edited by MK1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

and expressed confidence they will be arrested and charged within this week, he added.[/size]

Why not today??[/size]

Wouldn't want them to get the wind up and abscond.[/size]

I wondered that, if they are so cock sure what's holding up the arrest.

Maybe they have been watching old US detective show reruns again!... we leak that we know who did it and wait for them to do a runner!! and Bang!! job done! smile.png

"The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world."

I laughed at this paragraph that they wouldn't use a scapegoat because the world was watching. So what they're saying is if the world wasn't watching the scapegoat could still be used.

"The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world."

I laughed at this paragraph that they wouldn't use a scapegoat because the world was watching. So what they're saying is if the world wasn't watching the scapegoat could still be used.

It even makes it sound like standard operating procedure.

Sounds very much like, and not surprising to anyone who has been here a while. Still think there is going to be twists in this one, still a bit more to play out yet. Someone will take the fall, but think some that are involved will get away.

Punish the guilty people, not the islanders. The island has over 2000 people population, Why should they suffer for 2 evil murderers. Punish the murderers not the island.

Two ? Are you kidding me ? First of all there must be at least 3 person or should i say animals,yes,animals

sounds real and better,

be directly involved,when i added all the animals who must have knowledge of this sick act including

the helpers and cover up animals and all there confidants then i count much more than

f...cking 2

Lets say at least one hundred on the island and another five thousand(upper class BIB) on the mainland,

you looks very poor with your number....Two ? Give me a break !

They are all murderers because of the knowledge and cover it up.

We talking about Thailand not Switzerland or Monaco

• Like 2

So this Thai idiot is trying to say that the man Sean is the real murderer, and so he went on to facebook with pictures of two Thai men to deflect attention away from himself (so far as the police go) whilst hiding in a supermarket pretending to be in fear of his life and calling the police who he knows are DNA testing everyone. All in the hope that they forget to DNA test him or what?

The stories these liars one up with are just so transparent - the sad thing is they think people believe them. On the other hand maybe they do it because the expert police believe their fellow Thais who then get a chance to escape. It's funny how it is always the rich who manage to pull this off on behalf of their cretinous sons.

What disgusts me most is that the British Embassy are quite happy to let this charade go on day after day in the knowledge that their citizens are being raped, murdered, stabbed, victimized, defrauded of millions and illegally incarcerated and yet do absolutely nothing. It is shameful.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Punish the guilty people, not the islanders. The island has over 2000 people population, Why should they suffer for 2 evil murderers. Punish the murderers not the island.

No...remove the income, sadly the true Thais will lose their income also...but they are preyed upon by the WomanGirlyMafia that hide behind the corrupt Police there...

Destroy the tourist trade and the gay girl wannabe mafia will die also...

Som nam na...

I'm sorry if I've missed something but you seem to be taking this extremely personally? Everyone is shocked and sickened obviously but your posts strongly suggest you know these people very well. Do you, or have you lived on Koh Tao and have some history with this family? i only ask because from your post count you don't seem a regular on here and TV is probably the most well known board for expats.....

For goodness sake why do people think it is Thai bashing for having little belief in the RTP?. Those of us who live here, lived or spent extended periods of time here know that money talks when dealing with a guilty person. It is not Thai bashing, you can ask any Thai person the same question regarding paying off the BIB and you will get the same answer. I am not talking about motoring fines but about paying your way out through bribes before a conviction, its common practice.

So posters who have no faith in the police, in my view have a very real right to feel this way. This time however it's clear there was too much pressure from high up and justice could well be served. The vast majority of us choose Thailand as we like the place but we don't have to like it all.

• Like 1

Sounds very much like, and not surprising to anyone who has been here a while. Still think there is going to be twists in this one, still a bit more to play out yet. Someone will take the fall, but think some that are involved will get away.

Toady, you're right, I still think this looks like more than two attackers.

Over the years my circles in LOS have got smaller and smaller. Pretty much restricted to home, village, local area and the farm now. No chance I'd go near tourist Thailand, far too much aggravation.

• Like 1