Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

2 or 3 patsies found then , no doubt hand picked by the owners etc

All this been rushed up due to 1 person spilling the beans, Sean McAnne, who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying as at least got the casemoving

"who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying"

???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with that. do you think of Koh Tao as extremely dangerous and not a place one should visit?

No, but when you go to the rock, you should be very much aware about things are run there. It's not as many other places in this country. Koh Tao is one of the places where families are running the show (mafia), where many other places it's "another organization".

But anywhere in this country, you have to be careful to get into conflicts with the locals, and specially at Koh Tao where the chance are that the conflict would be with member of "the family".

Edit: However, i rather avoid that place, because i know going there, you cannot avoid supporting such family, because they got their fingers into more or less everything. I would rather go and support "another organization" who might be corrupted too, but not quite as nasty.

"Koh Tao is one of the places where families are running the show (mafia), where many other places it's "another organization".

Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to the difference between the "mafia" running the show on Koh Tao and the "mafias" running the shows on Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Phuket, Pattaya etc or are they "another organization"?.

Are these folks in competition or is there happy mutual co-operation between them when it comes to handling the 'tourists'? I am sure the godfather on Koh Tao talks to the godfather on Samui or is that not the way things work down in The Paradise Islands?

Somehow, I don't think there's a big enough carpet down there under which to sweep this story.

• Like 1

The usual cynics here have their usual pessimistic, assume-the-worst attitudes and opinions, and have it all figured out. No fooling these geniuses.

Your sarcasm is uncalled for, this thread is about 2 young travellers who have been savagely murdered on a ' paradise ' island.

Chiang Mai is 'THE' place to live or vacation. Good nightlife, few crimes, cheap housing, many tourist attractions, good hospitals (Bangkok General and RAM to name 2 of them), Labor extremely cheap (2 hours at my house to fix a water leak - $3), cooler weather, mountains but no ocean, large lake, etc.

And only the occasional rape and murder of backpacker which cannot be solved - not forgetting mysterious hotel deaths - but yes its cheaper

Well, even though these terrible crimes shook the world, I personally will travel back to Ko Tao because I fell in love with this Paradise island. Will I be afraid for my safety? Probably to interested in what ocean life I see. I am being honest. I have followed what has happened from the beggining,, but that island is still my paradise.

+1

As I know Koh Tao, those lost will never be forgotten, but rather their spirits will join in the fun and their lives celebrated by their likeminded travelers.

I agree with that. do you think of Koh Tao as extremely dangerous and not a place one should visit?

No, but when you go to the rock, you should be very much aware about things are run there. It's not as many other places in this country. Koh Tao is one of the places where families are running the show (mafia), where many other places it's "another organization".

But anywhere in this country, you have to be careful to get into conflicts with the locals, and specially at Koh Tao where the chance are that the conflict would be with member of "the family".

Edit: However, i rather avoid that place, because i know going there, you cannot avoid supporting such family, because they got their fingers into more or less everything. I would rather go and support "another organization" who might be corrupted too, but not quite as nasty.

"Koh Tao is one of the places where families are running the show (mafia), where many other places it's "another organization".

Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to the difference between the "mafia" running the show on Koh Tao and the "mafias" running the shows on Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Phuket, Pattaya etc or are they "another organization"?.

Are these folks in competition or is there happy mutual co-operation between them when it comes to handling the 'tourists'? I am sure the godfather on Koh Tao talks to the godfather on Samui or is that not the way things work down in The Paradise Islands?

Somehow, I don't think there's a big enough carpet down there under which to sweep this story.

Samui and Phangan is the same as Koh Tao where it is families who are the mafia.

At Phuket as an example, it's another organization that are running the show, up to you to find out what organization that i refer to.

I personally don't know about "cross family" interactions, but i wouldn't be surprised that is the bigger families on those 3 islands you mention in the thai gulf are relatives.

I have to echo the sentiments of the 2 previous posters, as in they'd go back, I will too, to get some diving in, and to do another course, I'm too old and long in the tooth to be going out and getting so drunk that I forget where I stay, or piss off the locals in some way, my party days are over, well, the wild mental ones anyway.

• Like 1

Time for Thailand to up the ante, get rid of backpackers and other cheap tourists, especially all the charter groups!

Lets see, if the cheapest accomodation to be had on Koh Tao starts at 5,000 baht/night, then me believes it wouldn't take long to change the image of the island tongue.png

Why is that?

Because of a double homicide?

A tourist is far more likely to be murdered in the U.S. than Thailand.

It all depends on where you will go in both Thailand and in U.S. There is places in U.S. that is best not to go visit, and the same counts for Thailand and many other places in this world.

Eeerrr...duuuhhhh..you answered your own question!

Unless you want to end up with your face caved in and anally raped?

Geeshh...

The horrific act of a few is not the same as all people who go there will be raped or murdered.

If this is how you feel about the world I suggest you lock yourself in your house, preferably in a panic room, and wait it out until the human race is extinct.

The people on Koh Tao are lovely people, and think of this crime as horrific and despicable as the rest of us do.

• Like 2

From what I remember of those 'in charge' on the rock most were relatives or still the first settlers who moved onto Koh Tao not that long ago from Samui / Ko Pha Ngan and claimed what we would call in the UK "squatters rights" to parts of the Island which they have since sold onto farangs / the usual dodgy fake Thai companies.

From Wikipedia, (how much is true who knows):

In the same year Khun Uaem and his brother Khun Oh reached Ko Tao from the neighbouring Ko Pha Ngan by trying out their traditional sail boat, for that time a quite long and dangerous journey. Even though the island was still under royal patronage, it did not stop these pioneers claiming themselves a good part of the land on today's Sairee Beach. Having brought their families over, they began to cultivate the excellent soil, forming the first generation of the present-day community. They lived a simple and tough life harvesting coconuts, fishing, and growing vegetables, which were also traded with Ko Pha Ngan. Despite the difficulties in reaching the island, the population grew steadily.
Edited by andyIslandMan

2 or 3 patsies found then , no doubt hand picked by the owners etc

All this been rushed up due to 1 person spilling the beans, Sean McAnne, who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying as at least got the casemoving

"who in my opinion is telling the truth and is found out to be lying"

???

Let me try to help. Replace the last "is" with "if". A one-letter typo. "if found out to be lying ...".

Time for Thailand to up the ante, get rid of backpackers and other cheap tourists, especially all the charter groups!

Lets see, if the cheapest accomodation to be had on Koh Tao starts at 5,000 baht/night, then me believes it wouldn't take long to change the image of the island tongue.png

Thailand caters for all and always will. Diving is not only for the rich, the world under the sea is for all mankind to enjoy.

• Like 1

I wonder where the son is by now, he has had an 8 day head start....

Not just the girlyboy son...three others...

And the multitude of others that helped coverup the scene investigation...the DNA tests...the exit of all real suspects...the hiding of said suspects in various parts of Thailand...the intimidation and planned "suicide" of a a Scots Farang who knows the dark side there...to become an easy scapegoat out for the corrupt R(lol)TP that are so called "investigating" these gruesome murders that the world stage is watching closely...

Party to a capital crime of murder reaches far...but TIT. Land of corruption. $$$$ talk here.

Boycott the filthy corrupt island of Koh Tao. End their revenue. Stop the money. That will end their crap empire.

Sadly it will not bring back two innocent beautiful people in the prime of their lives, looking to Koh Tao as a tourist holiday resort before heading to fulfil their careers.

I have posted much of this on every single Tourist site I can find to deter people from even thinking of coming here.

Apologies to the real Thai people that work for a living here, but your corrupt Police and girlyboy Mafia have cemented your financial ruin...

BOYCOTT KHO TAO!!!!!!!

Do you think other islands are "run" differently..?

They are run differently. Koh Tao being only 25sq kms is totally owned by the 3 local Thai families (all of which came from Phangan). It could be compared to Hadrin, which bears many similarities in terms of violence and criminality... also owned by 3 families, one of which "runs" Hadrin on a daily basis. One of the other families doesn't even live on the island, and simply collects 500,000++ baht per month rentals... obviously they have no impulse to change things... why would you - jeeeezus.) Most of the remainder of Phangan is still owned by the locals, and outside of the hookers and the parties and the taxis, no one is paying protection. That is absurd. In the old days the police might visit once a year or so and hope for open fridge or whatever, we would just hold fast and they'd disappear after a cuppa and some pleasantries. Samui is vastly more complex, as it has been predominantly sold off by the locals to foreign Thai investors. When I say foreign Thai, I mean not Chao Koh. I think to understand the full picture and grasp its gravity, you need to understand the dynamics of Thai politics, especially the fact that the south is the power base for the democrats, who are staunchly pro-mmmmmmmm, this is where it gets very complex. The issues at play literally start at the bottom,and end at the top. This is why it could be a watershed moment for Prayuth to actually make a change. Most people support the end of gangsterism and crime in Thailand I think. And contrary to the stuff I read here, I believe Thais respect and like westerners. We share similar world views and ideals. Ultimately Thailand will change, I dearly hope that it is sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

They have enough evidence to make the arrest. Now...they just have to find them.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

make arrest? They let him go

(forgot the name, the man on the scene and on the CCTV)

Which one? Gloved VillageHeadWoman or Montriwat Toovichien his biatch?

Montriwat Toovichien

As I know Koh Tao, those lost will never be forgotten, but rather their spirits will join in the fun and their lives celebrated by their likeminded travelers.

Don't tell that to Thais. If they think there are ghosts on the island, they'll flee running on the water.

• Like 1

Don't tell that to Thais. If they think there are ghosts on the island, they'll flee running on the water.

Don't say that because these murders were only committed 8 days ago. R.I.P

What do you think the 50,000 baht tum boon was for?

Punish the guilty people, not the islanders. The island has over 2000 people population, Why should they suffer for 2 evil murderers. Punish the murderers not the island.

No...remove the income, sadly the true Thais will lose their income also...but they are preyed upon by the WomanGirlyMafia that hide behind the corrupt Police there...

Destroy the tourist trade and the gay girl wannabe mafia will die also...

Som nam na...

Just for information:

Why do you say "WomanGirlyMafia"

I am not saying, you are wrong, I just do not understand. Can you please enlighten me?

I feel a huge sense of relief that an arrest has been made for this dispicable crime. Maybe finally the police bashing will stop on this thread. It took British police over 6 YEARS to finally arrest Peter Sutcliff (the Yorkshire ripper ) in 1981. Thai police got a result in little over a week. The arrest of the other suspects is imminent. Good job guys.

You may be right but 1981 and 2014 are totally different times.

Dont forget this was on a small island not a City street and at present there are many forensic advantages

I for one am not taking anything away from the RTP and think they still have done a good job

All you posters with such negativity about the case must feel like right Tw*ts now and you deserve it only one poster has admitted his shame

Not me.

Seems you don't know much about stuff......Thats OK, please don't judge those who do with negativity eh..Theres a good chap...thumbsup.gif

Sorry chap I expect its hard to admit it when you thought you knew about stuff and turned out you didnt .you keep running down whoever you like theres a good chap

Yes, tell that to the Thai.

Tell them the ghosts of the murdered are now living on the island.

And they will not go away until their murderers served their deserved punishment in full

Edited by sweatalot

Has anyone seen interview on Thai PBS just now? Looked very much like the "boss" suggesting the Sean was seen on the night of the murder covered in blood ?

Might of got the translation wrong but there could be another twist.

Apart from the fact there was no DNA linking him to the victims ??

Has anyone seen interview on Thai PBS just now? Looked very much like the "boss" suggesting the Sean was seen on the night of the murder covered in blood ?

Who knows, maybe Sean was actually at the beach while the murder took place, but escaped. Could easily also be that the "boss" (who ever he refer to but my guess is the village headman) are trying to make a twist in the story, to save the skin of his brother and son. I guess we have to wait and see.

The reason Sean ran away is that the now suspected murderer said he was the murderer because he said he was covered in blood the night of the murders.

I don't consider it to be dangerous for myself. But had already decided to stay away from all those popular islands in that area. Very disappointed last year. Sorry to say but they are a mess. Very sad. Wouldn't allow my kids to go there. Lets hope they can still be restored. Increase standards and try to attract better tourists. But it all start with law enforcement and wiping out corruption.

This reminds me of the case of a fahrang in issaan.

A few locals wanted to beat up a fahrang and the guy happened to be "the right guy at the right place and the right time".

He was beaten up very badly and was hospitalized.

But he needed to travel to Bangkok for some papers.

He died on the way to BKK.

NOBODY was every arrested for this crime.

Or the guy who was sitting on the back of his friends motorcycle somewhere in BKK when a few guys with machetes turned up and cut his hand of.

The young guy bleed to death before he arrived at the hospital.

Thailand is just not the place to have a cosy holiday with or without your family.

Think twice if you plan a holiday to Thailand.

Life is cheap in Thailand.