Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

Imagine you're the owner of AC BAR, or IN TOUCH, a person with decent reputation on the Island.

Some pedophile from scotland comes and accuses you of murder from Facebook.

What would you do?

I guess that depends on whether I was a murdering rapist or just an apologist.

And of course determining a person based on a mistaken(,well that's what I've read anyhow,) file download gives you, as a TVF user, the right to take this given credible information regarding this case, and throw it in the bin, because of "he is not a good person himself? Kinda like the corrupt mentality seeded deep into the LoS culture, that it's more morally right to extort 100baht than it is 1000baht, and per se - the one who only extorts 100baht will walk away without punishment - if you get my gist?

And without knowing any facts about his conviction, nor the man himself, you attribute him with this title? "Yes but F*** it - he plead guilty - now he's a monster" should be your next argument, and in response to that mine would be: "check the whole story and keep on the current topic please". Tarnishing his imago will gain you nothing, and as per the case facts seem to be that the alleged rapists and murderers in this topic indeed were the son and brother of the village elder, also bar owner, and per received information from the island, the other guy indeed was 'the man on the left', but until we have a conviction, and due court process, they still remain only as alleged rapists and murderers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's why OJ ran free you silly fool !

He actually got off because he had good lawyers and the police and the prosecution made a complete balls up of the case, and could not prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

He did get nailed in the civil case where legal tomfoolery did not allow the exclusion of critical evidence.

• Like 2

Looks like you are celebrating too early.

The brother of the village chief was questioned by police and released.

Either he is not guilty - or (you know influential family etc.)

So what about an arrest? Who was arrested? Was someone arrested?

In my understanding police has to arrest any suspect until guilt or innocense has been prooven - if the suspicion is very strong.

Would be necessary in order to prevent them to make a runner

Go read the article at BKK Post. The brother of the headman / manager of AC Bar said he 'did talk to Sean McAnnna the other night but we had no fight'. Sounds a bit like 'an offer you can't refuse'. As Sean had worked 18 months in AC before he must have witnessed his fair share of the dark side of Koh Tao - only now to be on the receiving end scaring the s***t out of him with this 'talk'. Whether he made threats or not will be hard to prove anyway.

The brother finally gave his DNA as well, there were conflicting reports whether he did or didn't previously. It might only prove family ties. So it looks a bit like the one on the run is/are the killers and they have been buying time for them to get away. Maybe one of the younger family members? I assume these could be young flashy playboys who also make regular trips to Bangkok and other parts in and out the country? Maybe the other perpetrator(s) are friends over from another part of the country. Young rich guys who did something very stupid but get shielded as long as possible by their influential families?

• Like 1

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

Wow...impressed !!! Not what I was expecting at all

Village Headman = Mafia local mafia boss on a place like Koh Tao. So yeah, very impressive.

I can only speculate that the international coverage coupled with pressure from someone like the PM Prayuth are the reason for this. I cannot recall any similar arrests of relatively influential people in cases such as this (perhaps others can?).

Good news for the victims family, and a step in the right direction for Thailand.

...........His name is Donchit Corleonithat.

• Like 1

In my understanding police has to arrest any suspect until guilt or innocense has been prooven - if the suspicion is very strong.

Go read the article at BKK Post. The brother of the headman / manager of AC Bar said he 'did talk to Sean McAnnna the other night but we had no fight'. Sounds a bit like 'an offer you can't refuse'. As Sean had worked 18 months in AC before he must have witnessed his fair share of the dark side of Koh Tao - only now to be on the receiving end scaring the s***t out of him with this 'talk'. Whether he made threats or not will be hard to prove anyway.

The brother finally gave his DNA as well, there were conflicting reports whether he did or didn't previously. It might only prove family ties. So it looks a bit like the one on the run is/are the killers and they have been buying time for them to get away. Maybe one of the younger family members? I assume these could be young flashy playboys who also make regular trips to Bangkok and other parts in and out the country? Maybe the other perpetrator(s) are friends over from another part of the country. Young rich guys who did something very stupid but get shielded as long as possible by their influential families?

"did something very stupid"???

They drowned and beat a guy to death, raped a girl and then put an agricultural hoe through her face.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One tourist murder suspect now arrested, another on the run

KOH TAO: -- The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok.

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

He said the southern police were coordinating with the metropolitan police to hunt him down, and expected to apprehend him today.

The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation.

Instead the police will eliminate all these mafias, he said.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-23

It does mention something about going after people that tried to help them, so maybe justice will be done and some of the local cops will end up being arrested.

I for one am stunned that this case seems to have been solved, normally these people are untouchable.

The village headman is also the owner of a bar there, he can keep his bar open all night long why because he's the village chief.

Who is also the head of a mafia family -why substitute these words with village headman. Again good p.r work - it seems to be catching on !

Looks like a few of us may eat humble pie (like me)

looks like the police may have found the correct murderers / not stitched anybody up etc

For that i apologise for doubting them and hope this is the future now

The murders have created world wide attention which has helped to focus their attention.

My UK ex-gf worked as a volunteer teacher on KT around 7/8 years ago and was amazed to be told the owner of the largest resort on the island was shot and murdered by local mafia, just before she arrived. She said it was the most idyllic place she had ever worked and couldn't believe the government would tolerate serious crime.

Koh Tao used to be where convicts were taken.

I guess their descendants are still around with the same mentality.

Mr Ban, the deceased owner of Ban's diving, one of the original guys who recognised the potential of the island, was allegedly killed as he wanted to improve the infrastructure, which would have meant a couple of guys would lost their source of income. Must be almost twenty years ago now.

I don't think his killer was ever brought to justice either.

Edited by 12DrinkMore
  • Like 1

Yeah he knows...that's why he fled under Media protection not R(lol)TP protection.

Ask yourself???

They run Full Moon Parties there and KPG and ferry the drugs in and out for a tidy profit.

Montriwat Toovichien, is a huge player, and has a penchant for Farang blondes...

Also...you think DNA samples can't be faked or altered in anyway when "needed"???

Seems like he is buying more time for so called discussions. If they had enough evidence and knew who the killers were, they would have arrested them by now. Also it is very strange that they have detained suspects, but have yet to arrest the guilty ones. Any normal police would make arrests, if they knew who it was. You do not let killers walk around free, if you know who they are and at the same time state that you have detained other suspects. Seriously, how stupid a statement is that?

Maybe they have a few burmese workers detained who are by now at the breaking point and ready to confess to anything. So a couple of days more and the case will be "solved".

Great police work and you have to admire their straightforward and very controlled information system. Police forces from around the world could learn a lot from this (NOT!)

"normal police"???

Looks like a few of us may eat humble pie (like me)

looks like the police may have found the correct murderers / not stitched anybody up etc

For that i apologise for doubting them and hope this is the future now

The murders have created world wide attention which has helped to focus their attention.

My UK ex-gf worked as a volunteer teacher on KT around 7/8 years ago and was amazed to be told the owner of the largest resort on the island was shot and murdered by local mafia, just before she arrived. She said it was the most idyllic place she had ever worked and couldn't believe the government would tolerate serious crime.

Koh Tao used to be where convicts were taken.

I guess their descendants are still around with the same mentality.

Mr Ban, the deceased owner of Ban's diving, one of the original guys who recognised the potential of the island, was allegedly killed as he wanted to improve the infrastructure, which would have meant a couple of guys would lost their source of income. Must be almost twenty years ago now.

I don't think his killer was ever brought to justice either.

Wouldn't be surprised if the same mafia involved in this crime, were connected with that one. Entirely plausible. I for one will not set foot on that island, and will encourage friends to do the same.

The village headman is also the owner of a bar there, he can keep his bar open all night long why because he's the village chief.

Who is also the head of a mafia family -why substitute these words with village headman. Again good p.r work - it seems to be catching on !

Because it is unfair to the legit village head men, of which I guess there are a few, Worth remembering that it is not the system that is flawed, it is the enforcement of the laws that is flawed...(non-existent). Not all village head men are crooks. And the ones that are crooks are not necessarily raping murderers.

• Like 1

Yeah he knows...that's why he fled under Media protection not R(lol)TP protection.

Ask yourself???

They run Full Moon Parties there and KPG and ferry the drugs in and out for a tidy profit.

Montriwat Toovichien, is a huge player, and has a penchant for Farang blondes...

Also...you think DNA samples can't be faked or altered in anyway when "needed"???

I think it's a lot easier to fake or alter the result of a DNA test than the sample ;-) hehe

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

What do you mean "Karma is a Bitch?" I really hope you're not saying that these two young people got their "Karma".

Are you some sort of psycho?

em ,NO .Are you a Brit with roughened feathers ? The UK Police are the real Keystone Cops in this World .Then you have the cheek to point the finger at the Thai Police .God please ,give me patience .

Great ,this thread is full of smug Brits says Brit does best lol ,and Thai Police are children .They forget about how long it took the Brits so called Police to catch the Yorkshire ripper ,until he had killed over 10 Women ,then you had Gill Dando ,a high profile TV presenter on UK tv who they framed the murder on a MENTALLY ill man (who was later acquitted ) .Then you had the Guildford 4 .Four Irish people Wrongly given a life sentence for a bombing they were later proven to be innocent of after they served 10 years plus . It really annoys me ,about these smug Brits .But karma is a bitch lol

What do you mean "Karma is a Bitch?" I really hope you're not saying that these two young people got their "Karma".

em ,NO .Are you a Brit with roughened feathers ? The UK Police are the real Keystone Cops in this World .Then you have the cheek to point the finger at the Thai Police .God please ,give me patience .

As i see it, then he didn't point the finger at the thai police, he pointed finger at you because of your comment "karma is a bitch". You might not have meant it as he understood it, but the way you wrote it, can make it sound as if you thought the murders of the 2 was just being karma.

Edited by Iumentum

They drowned and beat a guy to death, raped a girl and then put an agricultural hoe through her face.

Yes, I did see the pictures as well so I am certainly not downplaying any facts. More imaging how this could go as in "Oh son/cousin/uncle you/your friends did something very bad and stupid. But how are we going to clean this up and make it go away now... You get to mainland with a speedboat and get out to X with this fake ID/passport while we slow things down here etc.etc."? Maybe they were already boating out before even the family members had seen the atrocity of it all, and were told a different story maybe 'only' a rape or fight. Who knows.

Seeing how this has panned out so far, it would not be too far fetched to envision, that while the accused has a brother in BIB, the family throw some money toward MET and boom - the DNA-sample vile gets a new label, possibly from the dozens already cleared ones.

Sorry folks....I am too much of a pessimist as I have lived here too long.

I am thinking....the police are at odds with the Village head man and his sons along with the local mafia types anyhow ....so...I am thinking.... this may be a ruse to pin it on the people that police have been at odds with over any number of reasons.

Here in Thailand they could easily manipulate the DNA and how would we or nearly anyone really know.

I hope they have caught the correct perpetrators as the double murders were way, way out of line while the murderous event was about as brutal as brutal can be.

Cheers

Yes, I did see the pictures as well so I am certainly not downplaying any facts. More imaging how this could go as in "Oh son/cousin/uncle you/your friends did something very bad and stupid. But how are we going to clean this up and make it go away now... You get to mainland with a speedboat and get out to X with this fake ID/passport while we slow things down here etc.etc."? Maybe they were already boating out before even the family members had seen the atrocity of it all, and were told a different story maybe 'only' a rape or fight. Who knows.

Apols. I see what you're getting at.

And you are from..?......smile.png

And you are from..?......smile.png

Possibly The US given his other comments. Not that is a reflection on the majority of decent folk from The US

Standing next to his brother .....

Looks like the headman was running the investigation. The murderer, right there at the crime scene directing the police.

You know the saying...keep your friends close and your enemies closer...doing a runner would look very suspicious.

Local wannabe girly boy Montriwat Toovichien murderer at the scene of his own crime! protected by his incompetent local KT R(lol again) TP bum chums.

CCTV at AC Bar will reveal the earlier confrontations...and the young wannabe KT mafia girls sent to intimidate the Scots boy who knows the score there also...wise move with the FB photos and posts.

Those who haven't been there and learned how a small island can become so very corrupted by girly wannabe mafia ladyboys, need not comment.

Again...the only reason this gruesome double rape and murder has been "solved" is Intl Media attention. That's all. Otherwise the girly mafia would have told the R(lol)TP what to do to save Montriwat Toovichien and his girly mafia co-murderer brothers. Daddy can't help you now...

This was planned from the time the two Britons arrived there and were targeted. A very pretty young girl, who shunned the thugs earlier advances in the bar, ends up as a rape victim by multiple KT mafia girly boys, and remove the male so they can do the deed. Covered by R(lol)TP and sad lazy mafia VillageHeadWoman.

Waaay huh... My sons were under the influence of YaIce again...sorry...pin this on a Farang so we can continue extorting money...waaahh...my sons messed up my money earning scams...waaahh...I'll fix it to make it look like a Farang did this and committed suicide...waaaahhh...my money....wahhhh. Idiot.

Again...DNA test the KT R(lol)TP and I guarantee the brother of Montriwat Toovichien, a R(lol)TP "man's semen and DNA will be found inside the female victims body. He would have been there, done the rape, probably anally, and then tried to cover his "brother" Montriwat Toovichien...again.

Farce from the start.

Again!!!! Boycott this craphole and it's thug owned mafia girly boy owned R(lol)TP. Tell everyone you know not to go there EVER, unless they want the same treatment.

RIP both.

Are they ladyboys?

What is R(lol)TP?