How to propose to your Thai girlfriend.

sipi

I've never been married and have absolutely no intentions to change that. In my opinion, marriage is an outdated thing. I'll stay together with my girlfriend as long as we're both happy, and if one day one of us is not and we just can't solve it, it's time to move on. But that's just my personal view.

Agree, it's a hell of a lot easier and less costly to move on when one is not married.

• Like 1

OP, how romantic of you...........hope the proposal was accompanied by the appropriate noises.

As I about me. I didn't propose, she said to me one day, tomorrow we are going to BKK to get married, get ready..........

No questions asked......just followed orders and we are happy ever after.

And yes, she wears the trousers round here..........

Yes Costas. Appropriate noises were in stereo.wub.png

Marriage is for losers, over 50 percent divorce anyway. Marriage is only if you need a green card or want stay in Thailand.... If you love you don't need a piece of paper. You all have been brainwashed by church and religion.

Hey man, Hippy stuff/thoughts sorta went out near 50 years back, but you gear looks cool...

regards Granville.

• Like 2

Marriage is for losers, over 50 percent divorce anyway. Marriage is only if you need a green card or want stay in Thailand.... If you love you don't need a piece of paper. You all have been brainwashed by church and religion.

Married. Not religious. Really not a loser. Wife is English, I'm English. We live in Nonthaburi.

Does that fit your stereotype?

If you don't like marriage why are you on a "How to propose to your Thai girlfriend?" thread? Before you ask, I'm a bit soppy as it goes and wanted to check out other people's. I didn't marry a Thai girl so my story is not relevant.

50% Damn fine odds!

Anyway Digitalnomade why are you so impassioned about marriage? Rejected? Life lacking substance? Plenty of easy and attractive ladies but come to the realisation that it is all a bit "samey"?

• Like 2

I've never been married and have absolutely no intentions to change that. In my opinion, marriage is an outdated thing. I'll stay together with my girlfriend as long as we're both happy, and if one day one of us is not and we just can't solve it, it's time to move on. But that's just my personal view.

I have to agree with you on marriage. I don't believe I should have to seek someone's, some government's, or some religion's permission for me to be with the woman I love.

• Like 1

Are your parents married?

Grandparents?

Are they losers?

Nothing wrong with being married. I loved my single days, had great fun. But now love coming home to my wife and the daughter.

Divorce rates are high because people give up to easily.

Do you think the fact your parents or grandparents were married or not makes any real difference?

With a bouquet of a 1,000 baht notes and a ring made out a new Toyota pick up key holder...

Bloody hell....if you ever decide you suddenly fancy men then I'll give it a go for that! wink.png

--EDIT--

In fact my wife is up for it too......

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 2

Are your parents married?

Grandparents?

Are they losers?

Nothing wrong with being married. I loved my single days, had great fun. But now love coming home to my wife and the daughter.

Divorce rates are high because people give up to easily.

Do you think the fact your parents or grandparents were married or not makes any real difference?

Sorry but your question doesn't make a lot of sense?

How many grandparents do you know got divorced?

Why?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pathetic comment.

• Like 1

Marriage is like a castle in time of war.

Everyone outside is fighting to get in

while everyone inside is fighting to get out alive.

I am more of the latter