Ducatti 998s - 2004 Model

To all

Last of the greatest Ducatti

Only genuine parties please

First registered in 2004 - Currently registered in Thailand - 18,000 original kilometres

1,300,000 baht - (or nearest offer)

Please call Christian 060713613

pics?

Thank you Lacoste - for the pic

Same colour

Further information - the 998s was the final model to be made in that series (in 2004).

It is effectively known as the Ducatti's collection edition motor cycle (but everyone says that!)

The bike was originally shipped over from Japan (where a little old retired US army colonel - just used to ride it down to the corner shop to buy milk and bread for his children - everybody says "stuff" like that as well!)

All registration paper & Logs readily available. It truly is a magnificent beast

Same colour

Further information - the 998s was the final model to be made in that series (in 2004).

It is effectively known as the Ducatti's collection edition motor cycle (but everyone says that!)

The bike was originally shipped over from Japan (where a little old retired US army colonel - just used to ride it down to the corner shop to buy milk and bread for his children - everybody says "stuff" like that as well!)

All registration paper & Logs readily available. It truly is a magnificent beast

Luke 4:8. And Percy answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy GF, and her only shalt thou serve. :o

Same colour

Luke 4:8. And Percy answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy GF, and her only shalt thou serve. :o

Could somebody report that last post , I'm sure its blasphamy and should be against forum rules :D:D

Hate to sound like a spoiler (Ducatis are so beautiful), but you have the number to call, or better yet send a PM to Stefan. This ad belongs in the free classifieds, but I don't have the heart.

Driving through the Asian part of Houston last April, in a Mazda Miata with the top down, I was passed by a new, retro, Ducati 1000. I drove straight to the dealer to see the showroom model, but only bought a Ducati rainsuit.

Thank You PeaceBlondie

I am never really sure which forum to use.

Are you interested? I realise it is one of those few luxuries in life we dream about - but can rarely afford - but this price is quite cheap when compared to the Ducatti dealer in Bangkok.

My thanks again

How many years will it take before the dispute/argument about the looks of the 998/999 dies down? Fifty?

I still recall the road test of a Ducati Pantah 750 with desmo valves in the 1982 Cycle World test magazine. Incredible. Desmo valves were used successfully by Mercedes in the 300SLR sports car and its grand prix sister, and by Scarab for its Formula One attempt that failed. Then along comes Ducati and successfully mass-produces such valves for what - almost 30 years now?

Bimoto fell by the wayside. Ducati seems to have the niche of being the Ferrari of motorcycling.

Thank You PeaceBlondie

I am never really sure which forum to use.

Are you interested? I realise it is one of those few luxuries in life we dream about - but can rarely afford - but this price is quite cheap when compared to the Ducatti dealer in Bangkok.

My thanks again

Hi, you reckon this is cheap compared to Bkk? Try looking around first..............I picked up an immaculate 2002 998(same engine as 999 but not the "s" spec) for under 700,000 Baht. Same shop had the 998S for sale at a much more reasonable price than the "official" dealer

Hi, you reckon this is cheap compared to Bkk? Try looking around first..............I picked up an immaculate 2002 998(same engine as 999 but not the "s" spec) for under 700,000 Baht. Same shop had the 998S for sale at a much more reasonable price than the "official" dealer

I think that there will be few Ducati’s ect going cheap soon when people realise that Thailand does not sell any fuel that they will run on.

post-32654-1154270096.jpg

I think that there will be few Ducati’s ect going cheap soon when people realise that Thailand does not sell any fuel that they will run on.

Where did you get that info from?? Do you have a Duke? The 998 runs fine on 91(when I can't get anything else) and gasahol which I have tried. The older models may have a problem but the newer ones don't seem to suffer.

To small and all

the differences with you bike is it is 2 years older (and is it not the (“s model’) and how may kilometres were on it? Tyre condition - etc,etc. The 2004 998s is the last of that series. This type of thing always adds-value. Maybe you were lucky and hunted well - all joy to you.

The price is by no means unreasonable. This is a private sale and I think my friend also has your model (2002) for around the $600k baht as well.

We saw a similar bike selling in the shop asking 1.25m baht. Who knows? Basically The bike is there if someone wants it - if you want it make him an offer.- don’t’ just piss around and compare apples with oranges

To everybody reading this thread

All joy to you

Since you ask, it had 3000km's on it new tyres and immaculte condition as I said before.

The same shop had the 998s for 850,000 baht and you are right who knows what is cheap and what s not in this market.

the differences with you bike is it is 2 years older (and is it not the (“s model’) and how may kilometres were on it? Tyre condition - etc,etc. The 2004 998s is the last of that series. This type of thing always adds-value. Maybe you were lucky and hunted well - all joy to you.

We saw a similar bike selling in the shop asking 1.25m baht. Who knows?

Hi Snail,

Thanks for the information - it is sincerely appreciated - I will pass it onto the owner. he is in no real hurry. I guess if someone is truly interested they will have a “lookie” and make an offer.

I hope all your riding days are safe and most importantly fun and hassle free. if you have any compatriots who have an “inkling” you have both my PM and numbers. He has a Ducats 600 as well - I think he wanted to sell the limited edition 998s first and maybe keep the 600.

I think that you were very lucky (and most likely patient & prudent) to have got such a good rice for your bike.

Happy Motoring :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

maybe I'm on the wrong treat and my english is very bad.

I saw here about Ducati in Thailand, so I wil try it here.

I have a Ducati Monster 900 and will bring it from switzerland to Thailand. Is this a good idea or not?

How about Motorbike shop for Ducati in Thailand. I will stay in Udon Thani.

Where let you repair you Ducati? How about insurance?

Can I buy a Ducati Monster in Thailand?

a friend send my this picture from a webpage(he don't know from where).

where know it?

aak.jpg

thanks for replay me

many question sorry.

pfammi

Hi

maybe I'm on the wrong treat and my english is very bad.

I saw here about Ducati in Thailand, so I wil try it here.

I have a Ducati Monster 900 and will bring it from switzerland to Thailand. Is this a good idea or not?

How about Motorbike shop for Ducati in Thailand. I will stay in Udon Thani.

Where let you repair you Ducati? How about insurance?

Can I buy a Ducati Monster in Thailand?

a friend send my this picture from a webpage(he don't know from where).

where know it?

aak.jpg

thanks for replay me

many question sorry.

pfammi

Yeah, wrong thread, just open a new thread, many Ducati lovers here.

Bringing one from Switzerland: Be sure to check exactly how much import tax you will have to pay at customs. Read the thai customs web pages, they are very clear and in english. When I considered this sort of thing before most of the time it turned out I would have to pay 2x of what the customs officials thought my vehicle was worth, so I gave up pretty quickly. Let's say it's worth EUR 5000 (used), customs thinks it's worth EUR 6000 => pay EUR 12,000 in import duty. Needless to say, that doesn't make much sense.

That said, I have no actual, practical experience importing a bike, so there may be other ways to get around this.

Yes you can buy a Ducati Monster in Thailand, see this thread for example :o

There is an official Ducati dealer in Bangkok.

Ducatisti Co. Ltd.

482 Soi Thonglor Sukhumvit Rd.

Klongton Nua, Wattana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon [bangkok], Thailand

Tel.: +66 2 3818811 - 3818812

Fax: +66 2 3818810

Website: www.ducatisti.co.th - (but this webiste never works!)

He was in business in 2005, so I presume he's still in business.

He tried to tell me that you are not allowed to import 2nd hand Ducati's (or any 2nd hand bike into Thailand) - still have his email. That PXXXXD me off big time, so I done just that: I imported mine (an old 750SS, 1974) - then took it round to him to ask if he could service it - and to to remind him what he had told me!!

But theres something odd here - the Thai guy who runs Ducatisti Co (Thailand) was was selling some 999R's (XEROX paintwork - 2004 models) in early 2005 for about Baht 1.5million - yup, fully legal and genuine but not sure if that included the Baht 70K odd for registration. So with that in mind , Baht 1.3million (or even Baht 995K) would seem a little high for a 2nd hand 998S with 18 000km on the clock.

The other way of looking at it as that the person who borught that 998S into Thailand would have been lumbered with a very high import duty/tax rate - higher than what a dealer would have had to pay to bring the 999R into Thailand (because the dealer buys the bike from Ducati at about 30% less than what the public buys the same Ducati for) -so the guy who bought that 998S into Thailand has had to pay a total I would think is somewhat more than the dealer would have paid to get the 999R into Thailand.

If you look at it like that, then the 998S is not overpriced (despite the high mileage) - unless of course this 998S came from that same dealer originally in 2004!

The only way I think you "beat" the system so to speak - legally - is to strip the bike down at home, to literally "bits and pieces" and then bring it in/get it sent over by post, over time as "spare parts", - half a crank case today, a few gears in a few weeks time, the tank, the wheel rims, the frame ect ect..... all over a few months (will cost in fair bit in postage costs) - and then re-assemble it and take it off to get registered.

You will still get lumbered with the registration cost, but you'll have got away with the bike import duties.

Someone please correct me if the above statement is incorrect.

Tim

Edited by Maizefarmer