Non-O Re-Entry issued........visa exemption stamp given.

Just some food for visa thoughts.

My wife, Lao, issued depended extension of stay -re-entry issued went to Laos last week, came back and after 4 days she discovered that she was given a exemption entry stamp 30 days instead of the usual........extension date.

Arrival card (as usual) had the re-entry visa nr written down, so I decided to just let her cross the border and come back with a new stamp with the right extension of stay permitted.

Just before she was about to leave I went to the border post in NongKhai, explained the situation, and within 10 minutes immigration changed computer data and wrote the extension date on the entry stamp.

Now when I told immigration that I was about to send my wife across the bridge and back with the exemption stamp and THEN get a new stamp, they said that if she had done that she effectively had given up her extension of stay visa by acknowledging the mistake and return on a different status.

I couldn't believe how lucky we were.

True or False?

Normally stamp errors are corrected at the local immigration office, not by doing further crossings, just like the officer has told you.

If you had asked here before going to the border, you would have been give the advice - have the correction done at the immigration office in town.

Edited by paz