Georgian national arrested for illegal tour sales in Phuket

webfact

Georgian arrested for illegal tour sales in Phuket
Saran Mitrarat

1411469650_1-org.jpg
Officials inspect brochures in the shop opened by Tengi Andguladze (with beard).

PHUKET: -- Phuket Tourism & Sports officials accompanied by Tourist Police officers arrested a Georgian national in Kata on Friday (September 19) for selling tour packages without a work permit or a tourism license.

“The arrest came after a complaint through Facebook and a letter saying there was a foreigner selling tour packages in the Kata area, and also driving people to Wang Talang Jewellery [on Chao Fah West Rd],” said Santi Pawai, the director of the Phuket Tourism and Sports Office.

The Facebook post was made by a Phuket green-plate taxi driver, Somchai Pruangkangnarn.

The complaint letter also contained a map showing the location of the tour shop.

“We inspected the Phuket-Phuket RU shop on Kata Rd, and caught him red-handed, selling a tour package to customer. So we immediately identified ourselves and asked his for tourism registration card and his work permit,” Mr Santi said.

The Georgian, Tengi Andguladze, 29, could not provide either document.

“He claimed an application had been made to register a company called Sunrise of Siam, and was waiting for approval,” Mr Santi added. Andguladze was charged with opening a tour business without a permit and working without a work permit. “He denied the charges,” Mr Santi said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/georgian-arrested-for-illegal-tour-sales-in-phuket-48845.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-24

Agree he's wrong. But if they put a similar amount if effort into solving more serious crimes this would be a better place.

Priorities are all wrong in my opinion.

I am not sure how it works where you are from, but many places in the world got different departments for different type of crimes.

• Like 2

Yet another instance of them identifying the complainant. Not very encouraging to pot someone for an illegal action, especially if you think they may be Thai or Russian gang connected. Bet that Taxi driver has an eye glued to his rear vision mirror both at passengers & possible followers. Stuff that just makes you say "DUH!!!"

A major problem of low cost busses lifting should be treated urgently. I meet dozens of backpackers in Bangkok that have been victims of mafia gangs operating in busses from the islands to Bangkok. Some gangs send their people inside the baggage compartments of the bus. They open the luggage and steal passports, cash and credit cards. This is wide spread problem and nobody seems to take action against it.

Some of the tourists complained that they have been intoxicated by sleeping gas and their hand bags robbed while on their body.

The damage to the Thai reputation and tourism industry is enormous. It's about time to give it a serious treatment.

Agree he's wrong. But if they put a similar amount if effort into solving more serious crimes this would be a better place.

I think there is a great need for tenants to have right of redress if a landlord stiffs them for deposit or otherwise. From what I have heard, to take a landlord to court for violation of contract involves a very expensive legal case, in addition to hiring a lawyer.

The fact that the police acted gets praise from me except that the informant was named, which is hardly encouraging for anyone else thinking about bringing something to the police's attention.

Oh kwaikrap, it's because he's Russian huh.png

A major problem of low cost busses lifting should be treated urgently. I meet dozens of backpackers in Bangkok that have been victims of mafia gangs operating in busses from the islands to Bangkok. Some gangs send their people inside the baggage compartments of the bus. They open the luggage and steal passports, cash and credit cards. This is wide spread problem and nobody seems to take action against it.

Some of the tourists complained that they have been intoxicated by sleeping gas and their hand bags robbed while on their body.

The damage to the Thai reputation and tourism industry is enormous. It's about time to give it a serious treatment.

Please post evidence of you claims.

i beleive this mans claim,i got my suit case stolen right in front of me,the bloke that was selling the tickets to go on the bus an ekamai bus station,took my bag off the bus and handed it to the mini van next to us,he denied it but i saw him and yelled to him hey thats my bag,the mini van drove off,i grab the attendant by the throat,and waited for security or police,but i was stopped by locals at the station,i had to go by taxi to the police station and my Thai fiance had to fill out a report,and they said they will check the video.surprisingly the video only shows the side of the mini van and no number plate could be seen,i never recovered my bag.i have photos of me with the bus with a very pissed off face.i would not post pic here incase for legal reasons,but can send u pic if u want,

i beleive this mans claim,i got my suit case stolen right in front of me,the bloke that was selling the tickets to go on the bus an ekamai bus station,took my bag off the bus and handed it to the mini van next to us,he denied it but i saw him and yelled to him hey thats my bag,the mini van drove off,i grab the attendant by the throat,and waited for security or police,but i was stopped by locals at the station,i had to go by taxi to the police station and my Thai fiance had to fill out a report,and they said they will check the video.surprisingly the video only shows the side of the mini van and no number plate could be seen,i never recovered my bag.i have photos of me with the bus with a very pissed off face.i would not post pic here incase for legal reasons,but can send u pic if u want,

My sincere apologies for your experience. I was wrong.

I'm still a bit suspect about mass gassing of tourists though.

I guess it is just a case of be careful or be stupid.

I would love to give the name of a European guy that run an online booking business for houses in Koh Phangan!

He caused me and my family big trouble 2 years ago!

He stays in Phangan and upon arrival with multiple transits all the way from Mae Hong Son to Phangan with a my 10 month old daughter, late at night, I discovered that the house I would spend 2 months was damaged, flooded, and much more...

I found out he was staying near us and he showed up totally stoned telling me that he does not care!

The good thing for him was that the hospital was across the street......After thinking twice, I just told him that I either get my money back or call tourist police. I didn't want to be deported for breaking his stoned brainless head!

But I still want to give him to Thais! I go every year and maybe this is his year!!!

By the way he has no work permit as the thai owner of the house told me later...

I am not sure how it works where you are from, but many places in the world got different departments for different type of crimes.

But in many parts of the world, it is established practice, for one dedicated squad to conduct investigations into homicides, serious assaults, and infringements of trading regulations, precisely to achieve the balance of priorities that Pomthai is calling for. He's on the money.

This mighty attack on a guy selling tours with no indication of him ripping anybody off, is just about the form of the RTP Meanwhile back at the beach, the criminal jet ski operators are just as busy as usual scamming naieve young tourists. But of course this is probably ok as the JS guys have paid their dues

I would love to give the name of a European guy that run an online booking business for houses in Koh Phangan!

He caused me and my family big trouble 2 years ago!

He stays in Phangan and upon arrival with multiple transits all the way from Mae Hong Son to Phangan with a my 10 month old daughter, late at night, I discovered that the house I would spend 2 months was damaged, flooded, and much more...

I found out he was staying near us and he showed up totally stoned telling me that he does not care!

The good thing for him was that the hospital was across the street......After thinking twice, I just told him that I either get my money back or call tourist police. I didn't want to be deported for breaking his stoned brainless head!

But I still want to give him to Thais! I go every year and maybe this is his year!!!

By the way he has no work permit as the thai owner of the house told me later...

well good to tell your plan on an open forum which he probably reads so now he knows exactly who you are.

I am the evidence! It happen to us on the way from Krabi to Surathani. I was wondering why the bus going so slow and taking unusual way. (We did that trip otw to Krabi so i remebered the way). Later when we arrived to Bangkok, we discovered that watches dissapeared from our backpacks. The only logical explanation is that there was someone in the baggage compartment and went trough the stuff. I drowned a digital camera on Koh phi phi and was not functional. They did not take it. Means they had plenty of time. Lesson learned.

I am the evidence! It happen to us on the way from Krabi to Surathani. I was wondering why the bus going so slow and taking unusual way. (We did that trip otw to Krabi so i remebered the way). Later when we arrived to Bangkok, we discovered that watches dissapeared from our backpacks. The only logical explanation is that there was someone in the baggage compartment and went trough the stuff. I drowned a digital camera on Koh phi phi and was not functional. They did not take it. Means they had plenty of time. Lesson learned.

You guys are talking about the old backpacker bus problem. Better buy a bus ticket at the bus station, and if you buy at a travel agency or guesthouse, make sure it is not a backpacker bus which only takes foreign tourists, but a regular bus line which is also used by Thai people. But this is IMHO not what this thread is about.

• Like 1

As your name suggests,i'm calling this one FAKE.Do you really want us to believe that tourists are that dumb,they leave all their goodies in the luggage compartment.

55555,watches in backpacks,all these years i have been wearing mine on my wrist,is this a new trend.