What Breed are my Ducks

Pormax

I have two types of ducks but don't know what they are.

I have large ducks which are mainly white but with some black feathers on the tail and top of the head. The face and around the eyes is a very dark red. The bill a lighter red with black/brown spots. The feet are a light orange/tan with again some black/brown spots. I thought that these might be a type of Peking Ducks but according to pictures on the web Peking ducks are all white with bright orange bills and feet. I have 9 of these at present with one hen lying on 8 eggs. When they are young they tend to be almost all white. The red around the face seems to come on when they get older.

The second lot of ducks I have are much smaller & thinner and move much faster and tend to herd together. They are all brown in colour except one who has white feathers on the chest. The bill and feet are black. When I bought them they were all a light yellow in colouring. Are these Mallards. These were bought not to breed but to lay eggs. Not a lot of success at the moment. Had 20 of them and got about 12 -14 eggs a day but recently a dog got in the enclosure and killed 11 of them. Since then, about 4 days ago, i have only been getting one or two eggs a day.

Any thoughts on this?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

could be a quacky type of duck but without getting a bit of a peking at them it's difficult to say. wai2.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Maybe some photos would help

Personally I think they're the lesser white with black bits red headed willy eating duck

Some of them sound like Dead ducks.
Sorry couldn't help myself.

Typical Thaivisa - always plenty of wise quacks.

(insert drumroll, cymbals and boiiing here)

Muskoveys and Khaki Campbells.

The Khakis will start laying again, once they get over the shock of the dog attack. They also stop during thunder storms etc

Swap out the muskovey eggs for Khaki eggs if you get a chance, you really don't want too many muskoveys, especially males as they fight.