Suspected killer of British Koh Tao backpackers 'in Bangkok'

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A post containing a link to Andrew Drummond's website has been removed as it is a commercial blog site. Please understand Thai Visa is not employed as a tool to obtain information for Andrew Drummond nor do we use material from his web site.

Another post containing some rather gruesome speculation to the deceased has been removed as well as a reply.

It's normal to be pessimistic in Thailand in regard to the law and justice.

Having seen the pictures of the girl that was murdered on the beach it is quite clear that she was murdered first then her body was defiled.

It makes me want to take my wife and children and leave Thailand forever. The reality is that that this terrible crime happens in other Counties also.

The difference is that the Police in western Countries are much more likely to bring the murderers to justice. Life is cheap in Thailand.

Keep the forums open and keep the comments coming. Tell your family and friends Thailand is a dangerous place.

Tell everyone you know Koh Tao is a dangerous place. Tell them Koh Samuii is also dangerous.

Hit The Thais where it hurts most. Money money money.

West? Justice?

What happened to that cute girl that disappeared in Portugal, madeline I believe, they didn't find the abductor, she probably got killed, and even raped!

At least the thai police got some decent leads, they'll probably solve this case, but what happened to Madeline will always remain a mystery!

The guy who murdered 80 people on an island in Norway? Remember him? He's probably playing ps3 in his comfy cell right now.

10 years in Thai prison is like 60 years in a western prison.

Enough with the Thailand bashing and hypocrisy!

^^Luke, it's not Thai bashing. People here are actually bashing the corrupt patronage system that plagues the lives of millions of decent ordinary Thai's.

No ones saying everywhere else is perfect, but Thailand's societal structure and justice system does not serve Thai people well at all. In fact ordinary Thai's are hosts to this terrible parasite.

• Like 2

^^Luke, it's not Thai bashing. People here are actually bashing the corrupt patronage system that plagues the lives of millions of decent ordinary Thai's.

No ones saying everywhere else is perfect, but Thailand's societal structure and justice system does not serve Thai people well at all. In fact ordinary Thai's are hosts to this terrible parasite.

There has been police bashing going on from day 1.

Stuff like this also happens in the west, there are so many unsolved murders and disappearances.

Scotland Yard got involved in the Madeline case, It didn't amount to anything, they couldn't make any progress.

There has been police bashing going on from day 1.

Stuff like this also happens in the west, there are so many unsolved murders and disappearances.

Scotland Yard got involved in the Madeline case, It didn't amount to anything, they couldn't make any progress.

Keep watching and you'll understand the problems of that country one day.

There are many cases that never get solved. But in the Hannah and David case they didn't have to search for their bodies and the evidence was strewn everywhere. Not as though they've nothing to go on.

They've yet to find Maddie.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous. Why dont the police just grow a pair and arrest who killed them, they obviously know the culprits but because of this loss of face BS they will not act as they should. We all know that even if the real killers are arrested , they will not be incarcerated for long, give it a year or two when everythings died down and they will conveniently be released citing some new made up law.

Those involved in Dale Henry's death got eternal life sentences.

This is ridiculous. Why dont the police just grow a pair and arrest who killed them, they obviously know the culprits but because of this loss of face BS they will not act as they should. We all know that even if the real killers are arrested , they will not be incarcerated for long, give it a year or two when everythings died down and they will conveniently be released citing some new made up law.

Those involved in Dale Henry's death got eternal life sentences.

These assailants were normal people so was not a problem making an example of them although this was only 5 years ago and the sentence doesn't necessarily mean that its set in stone.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts what about the policemen who gunned down 2 tourists in cold blood? Sentence 42 years now has had takenn 18 years off it and there is the possibility a further 9 years can come off it to. This man executed 2 innocent people!! And lets not forget about the red bull heir who thought it would be cool to drive home with a police man underneath his ferrari, he got off scot free. Status=power

we can only hope they have done dna tests on his other male family members to get the proof needed, it also seems that the police were stalling the investigation under orders from these influential people, lets hope this does not mean that the killer will walk free due to family influence as we so often see here in Thailand.

I was thinking this morning back to Dale Henry's murder in Ranong. The murderer was tight with the police, and was known to have done "jobs" for them. The victims families need to get a good lawyer. The Canadian embassy were not the most helpful in Dale's case, so don't expect too much from the UK one.

Good point Mosha. I remember that case. Awful it was the pressure was kept on. Sadly the tosssers at Brit Embassy wont do anything

I doubt there's much the UK embassy can do directly as they can't interfere in the legal affairs of a foreign country. However they do represent the HM government in the UK so the government can make representations, which I hope and assume they will be doing.

The more I read the press coverage on this, the more I realise that the tabloid press from the UK are incapable of any level of basic investigative journalism, and instead repeat the same old lines over and over again. Where is someone asking the hard questions?

• Like 1

The more I read the press coverage on this, the more I realise that the tabloid press from the UK are incapable of any level of basic investigative journalism, and instead repeat the same old lines over and over again. Where is someone asking the hard questions?

You are so right. I see the same words almost copied and pasted from paper to paper. And they swarm like parasites grabbing at anything that can keep their front page stories going. I can now see why they call them the gutter press.

If the Police said that this guy is in BK, its know something about. Why he still at large? After days looking for him without results, I will be surprised if he still in BK, and not out the country helped by his family money and connections.

I can't believe that little kid could do that murder or at least it's clear why he needed a gang to back him up. This is far from over. More twists and turns on the horizon.

attachicon.gifwarot.jpg

This is the picture of Warot, a suspect in this ongoing investigation. The report states that he is 22 years old. I am confused as to where you think "that little kid" comes into the equation.

This is a 22 year old Thai man. Is this what you regard as a kid? Is it perhaps because he has a 'cute' face?

I have made no assumption or accusation of guilt, merely that he is a man.

A short man at that. David Miller appeared to be quite tall and reasonably well built. The little chap had assistance if he was involved obviously.

Or inebriated. Just spec though.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

Mr. Montriwat said it was actually the Scotsman who should be treated as a suspect. "On the night of the murder, a spa worker told me [he/she] helped clean splatters of blood from Sean's body."

Idiot! The DNA is from a Asian man.

Mooner, you really should moderate your language when addressing other members.

Did it occur to you that timestamp may not have read ALL posts in this now lengthy thread. I haven't either.

what I cannot understand is that with all this gruesome murders and also the incompetency of the thai police and also the fact that new stories are coming out about robberies and scams against foreigners on the same island are being covered in almost all of the various International media.......there are still stupid tourists coming and patronsing the island! Where the hell are the dignity of these stupid people.....your own kind has been killed in the most gruesome way and yet you come here and patronise the islanders who all in cahoots with each other. Better still, it was hilarious to see pics posted by the thai media showing certain tourists still patronising the island clad in only bikinis and their overflowing fats and skin!

Really.....I do not know what to say anymore......no wonder the thais think lowly of westerners as they most probably think that these farangs do not even care for their own kind and lack any dignity.

It's the way it is.

Many ThaiVisa members do nothing but complain about nearly everything and everyone in Thailand, yet they still choose to live in Thailand. wink.png

It's just the way it is.

Is there a specific reason why the victims are always referred to as "backpackers" and never as "tourists" by local media? AFAIK a suitcase was part of the victim's belongings, which is an accessory for a regular tourist, hardly a backpacker. Given that backpackers have a certain reputation somewhat lesser than tourists, I wonder if there's a hidden motive behind this choice of words. Or is the press just loose with words?

Mr. Montriwat said it was actually the Scotsman who should be treated as a suspect. "On the night of the murder, a spa worker told me [he/she] helped clean splatters of blood from Sean's body."

Idiot! The DNA is from a Asian man.

Mooner, you really should moderate your language when addressing other members.

Did it occur to you that timestamp may not have read ALL posts in this now lengthy thread. I haven't either.

Mate, Mooner referred to the mentioned local definetely-non-mafia-individual as beeing an idiot accusing a Westerner of a rape (...) that was DNA-proven to have been committed by an "Asian" or "mongoloid" if you prefer ... with "idiot" putting it quite mildly as a matter of fact, how very upstanding of this upright Thai citizen to come forward with this 'important' info 10 days into the so called investigation, wouldn't you agree ...?!

what I cannot understand is that with all this gruesome murders and also the incompetency of the thai police and also the fact that new stories are coming out about robberies and scams against foreigners on the same island are being covered in almost all of the various International media.......there are still stupid tourists coming and patronsing the island! Where the hell are the dignity of these stupid people.....your own kind has been killed in the most gruesome way and yet you come here and patronise the islanders who all in cahoots with each other. Better still, it was hilarious to see pics posted by the thai media showing certain tourists still patronising the island clad in only bikinis and their overflowing fats and skin!

Really.....I do not know what to say anymore......no wonder the thais think lowly of westerners as they most probably think that these farangs do not even care for their own kind and lack any dignity.

It's the way it is.

Many ThaiVisa members do nothing but complain about nearly everything and everyone in Thailand, yet they still choose to live in Thailand. wink.png

It's just the way it is.

You are projecting your agenda Banzai99: Upset is asking a very valid question regarding tourists that continue to visit Thailand in spite of alot of bad news.

Its not about thaivisa members commenting about Thailand

Edited by morrobay

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

Agreed RC, must be pictures around of this piece of cowardly shit.

I just accidently connected to a link of the most horrific photos I have ever seen. Have stopped throwing up now! Words defy me. Mr Toad, Costas and I usually enjoy a bit of fun on TV, but not now!

Accidently ? Accidently? B.S.

It's the way it is.

It's just the way it is.

You are projecting your agenda Banzai99: Upset is asking a very valid question regarding tourists that continue to visit Thailand in spite of alot of bad news.

Its not about thaivisa members commenting about Thailand

I can understand Tourists not knowing about Thailand still coming to Thailand, that's not a puzzle, they probably don't spend 24/7 on internet forums that pick holes in every aspect of Thailand and Thai people.

how many times already have the police or media pointed the finger at the wrong people in this case ? wait for confirmed facts before rushing to judgement and condemning the innocent . IF the police have the DNA that they claim , then that is how this case will be solved . so please wait a day for the DNA test results so avoiding slandering the innocent , then say anything u like about whoever is eventually proved guilty of this sick crime !!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I sure hope that they haven't cleared all other potential suspects previously detained by police.

If Warot is main suspect, there is very good reasons for considering some of Warot's relatives suspects as well. Just because they have't matched the DNA detained from semen, doesn't really clear them from murder or any other involvement with the incident.

Also, how long did it take to get results from the DNA samples taken from those 2 bar owners? What about the AC bar manager (uncle), he isn't prime suspect anymore either?

Saying that they would be cleared but still have Warot as main suspect seem strange to me.

Spot on, these reports are as clear as mud. Another statement I read yesterday confuses matters even further, as it seems 2 people refused to give DNA samples and this was reported at the time as they were talking to the bar owner. Is this true? If so who and how come they are not under suspicion? So many conflicting statements.

Have they actually got a DNA sample from anyone in this family yet? And if so, when will they have the results? That will confirm definitively if a relative was involved.