Suspected killer of British Koh Tao backpackers 'in Bangkok'

webfact

Deputy police chief follows up investigation British tourists' murder

By Digital Content

SURAT THANI, Sept 24 -- Pol Gen Aek Angsananont, deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, went to Ko Tao today, 10 days after the murder of two British tourists there.

Arriving on the island, he met concerned detectives, looked for flaws in the investigation and inspected locations related to the murder.

Yesterday, the Royal Thai Police deployed a police team to deal with local 'influential persons' and gunmen.

It also sent central forensic officers and detectives to assist local investigators.

Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung, another Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner, said the government attached importance to the case and was trying to nail culprits as soon as possible.

Wiboon Sanguanpong, Permanent Secretary for Interior, ordered provincial authorities to boost security measures in tourist destinations and communities.

"All provinces will immediately intensify measures, deploy sufficient security forces in their areas, increase surveillance in tourist areas, operate checkpoints, check suspicious persons, and install sufficient lighting at danger-prone locations and surveillance cameras," Mr Wiboon said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-09-24

Is this for real? Only now do they send forensic experts from outside. How can we even trust DNA samples that have been taken up to this point if local cops were involved.

I have to laugh though, yesterday the cops are saying there are no mafia, no influential people on the island, but today they deployed a team to 'deal with local 'influential persons' and gunmen'.

What next? I half expect to read that OJ Simpson is now a likely suspect.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The BBC is saying the police are close to making an arrest (singular) and that police believe three people involved.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29339436

Of course we've heard all this before.

Sadly the BBC is not what it once was and is just regurgitating what we have already read over the past couple of days.

• Like 2

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

Agreed RC, must be pictures around of this piece of cowardly shit.

I just accidently connected to a link of the most horrific photos I have ever seen. Have stopped throwing up now! Words defy me. Mr Toad, Costas and I usually enjoy a bit of fun on TV, but not now!

Accidently ? Accidently? B.S.

Yes, and where are all these links floating around that so many seem to have connected to? Seems more like you have to go looking.

Rumour has it that the ''Department of Inactive Posts'' is now completely in charge of the whole investigation process.Seems as if the personnel who are inactively involved are indeed working ''flat out.''

post-173-image-20.jpg?w=480&h=352

Edited by siampolee

Here is an interesting (and very relative) article from a British Newspaper. Nice to hear the truth, at times.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/with-so-many-britons-murdered-in-thailand-why-does-our-government-not-warn-of-the-dangers-faced-there-769640.html

Edited by slipperylobster

Mr. Montriwat said it was actually the Scotsman who should be treated as a suspect. "On the night of the murder, a spa worker told me [he/she] helped clean splatters of blood from Sean's body."

Idiot! The DNA is from a Asian man.

Idiot just doesn't quite sum it up.

I did not realize Thailand has the fastest DNA testing Lab in the world from what I have gathered it takes at least 72 hours to get results that is if there is no waiting list but I am seeing people detained DNA tested and released in 24 hours NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE. LOL whistling.gif

I wonder what sort of DNA testing they are doing and does Koh Tao have a mobile lab there

The method the police use to do the DNA testing is the same method they used in the announced "lock down" of the island after the murders were discovered. Non-existent.

• Like 1

This kid supposedly in Bangkok has said in the press he is staying at his known address, apartment, why don't they pick him up? Or are they giving him time to get to Cambodia? Also why doesn't he go to a police station if he is innocent as professed?

Next, suspicion turned to a pair of Thai men that Sean McAnna, a 25-year-old Scottish friend of Miller’s, claims to have witnessed molesting Witheridge on the night before she was killed — an altercation from which she was apparently rescued by Miller. McAnna, a busker well known on Koh Tao as Guitarman, took a photo of the Thais and uploaded it to the Internet, after which he began receiving death threats. He has now apparently fled into hiding in fear for his life.

Police revealed that the two Thais had been interviewed but were released after refusing to provide DNA samples

This is an excerpt from Time magazine dated 23/9/14 and an article by Charlie Campbell. Why hasnt the issue of the men refusing DNA testing been reported here and why havent they been made to supply the DNA. I would have thought the only people who would refuse is ones who have something to hide.

Mr. Montriwat said it was actually the Scotsman who should be treated as a suspect. "On the night of the murder, a spa worker told me [he/she] helped clean splatters of blood from Sean's body."

Idiot! The DNA is from a Asian man.

Yes... and trying to pin the blame on someone else seems like the screams of a desperate man to me.... why haven't they taken this guy's DNA yet???

The more I read the press coverage on this, the more I realise that the tabloid press from the UK are incapable of any level of basic investigative journalism, and instead repeat the same old lines over and over again. Where is someone asking the hard questions?

You are so right. I see the same words almost copied and pasted from paper to paper. And they swarm like parasites grabbing at anything that can keep their front page stories going. I can now see why they call them the gutter press.

You can thank M Zuckerburg for the new world of networks and papers following "Trends"...

For example this case, where the never-ending tide of hysterical outpouring of speculation, vitriol and just plain garbage from people with nothing to add other than their own misguided theories has generated hundreds, even thousands of 'leads'. 'Liking' each others' bizarre posts and attacking any who disagree.

A mountain of perfect news material? More like a mountain of fertilizer.

Here is an interesting (and very relative) article from a British Newspaper. Nice to hear the truth, at times.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/with-so-many-britons-murdered-in-thailand-why-does-our-government-not-warn-of-the-dangers-faced-there-769640.html

from that article............

" This means that almost 10 per cent of all murders of Britons abroad are committed in Thailand – a chilling figure, given that Thailand comprises only 0.6 per cent of all foreign travel from UK shores "blink.png

" This means that almost 10 per cent of all murders of Britons abroad are committed in Thailand – a chilling figure, given that Thailand comprises only 0.6 per cent of all foreign travel from UK shores "blink.png

Yes, it is so terrifying - for all 5 of them. blink.png

On average, about 50 civilian UK nationals are murdered around the world each year (excluding terrorist attacks). This means that almost 10 per cent of all murders of Britons abroad are committed in Thailand – a chilling figure, given that Thailand comprises only 0.6 per cent of all foreign travel from UK shores.

Why not reproduce all the facts? I realise they are hidden between pages of heartbreaking, personal stories detailing - three murders.

A terrific piece of journalism with so few facts it could have been sent in an SMS.

It also goes on to say:

The murder rate is perhaps surprising; of the 420,000 annual British travellers to Thailand, a tiny percentage are the victims of crime. The Thais are friendly and engaging hosts and, with their famous beaches, handsome resorts and low prices bringing in millions of tourists, it is easy to understand why we have fallen in love with the country, and currently comprise its highest proportion of Western visitors.

Edited by ParadiseLost

wow, now there is an astonishing statistic if I ever saw one

wow, now there is an astonishing statistic if I ever saw one

Likely higher if you include the "suicides".

Time for a UK Foreign Office warning on Thailand. A proper one and not the pandering soft cack they issue at the moment.

Edited by MJP

I think it is becoming evident now (if not several days ago) that the BIB's credibility is totally shot. Without outside independent verification of all the evidence, who is going to believe their eventual conclusion?

I suspect many will only believe it now if it involves the so-called "powerful families"

Yet another news article showing me the same thing that all 200 previous articles pertaining to this subject have shown. No arrest.

In fact if I was the murderer I would avidly read Thai media to see if they were getting any closer to me. The pervious government was not transparent when they should have been, but serious crime investigations are transparent when they should not be. Go figure.

Stop these news articles until they have an arrests for goodness sake.

Do not stop these articles, keep the pressure on. I doubt the suspect can read English and is not watching TV, but is likely using a smart phone.

Seriously? You think I am referring to English media and TVF!!

This is ridiculous. Why dont the police just grow a pair and arrest who killed them, they obviously know the culprits but because of this loss of face BS they will not act as they should. We all know that even if the real killers are arrested , they will not be incarcerated for long, give it a year or two when everythings died down and they will conveniently be released citing some new made up law.

Rubbish.

If and when they have enough evidence arrests will be made and they will be locked up forever.

How many Farang murderers from last 15 years are in prison ?

I bet less than 5 %

So now 3 or 4 more mongoloid murderers running free in this land of fake smiles country and can celebrate