Suspected killer of British Koh Tao backpackers 'in Bangkok'

webfact

Deputy police chief follows up investigation British tourists' murder

By Digital Content

14115510725737.jpg

SURAT THANI, Sept 24 -- Pol Gen Aek Angsananont, deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, went to Ko Tao today, 10 days after the murder of two British tourists there.

Arriving on the island, he met concerned detectives, looked for flaws in the investigation and inspected locations related to the murder.

Yesterday, the Royal Thai Police deployed a police team to deal with local 'influential persons' and gunmen.

It also sent central forensic officers and detectives to assist local investigators.

Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmoung, another Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner, said the government attached importance to the case and was trying to nail culprits as soon as possible.

Wiboon Sanguanpong, Permanent Secretary for Interior, ordered provincial authorities to boost security measures in tourist destinations and communities.

"All provinces will immediately intensify measures, deploy sufficient security forces in their areas, increase surveillance in tourist areas, operate checkpoints, check suspicious persons, and install sufficient lighting at danger-prone locations and surveillance cameras," Mr Wiboon said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2014-09-24

These clowns never want to miss a photo opportunity. 10 days, who haa, trying to clear up the corrupt mess.

• Like 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

Agreed RC, must be pictures around of this piece of cowardly shit.

So the spokesperson for the lynch-mob has convicted him already??bah.gif

Which part have you misread?

Not suggesting he is guilty, but questioning why he is being a coward and running away? People deliberately not helping with this investigation, are complicit in trying. To cover this up.

Understand now, or want to hit the report button again?

• Like 2

This is so sad! I swear, all of the daily reports shows the set-up of a horribly unscripted movie, where the actors have no knowledge of their parts and are just flinging it while they film; in the hopes that the part they're playing will eventually make sense.

I've also thought about why haven't the Police collected DNA samples from Family members of the person they are searching for, to atleast provide them first hand factual proof before they waste more precious time on this case. Now, I'm just waiting to hear that they've located and detained this individual...that they've collected DNA and he has now been released since the sample collected did not match up.

This investigation shows how incompetent the Police really are and it sadens me to speak like this, since I was in favor of allowing the Police to do what they need to do to catch these animals, but as they day's pass, it just seems as if they are getting nowhere and the more they speak about this case and state how dis-organized they have been and that they will begin organizing their efforts and communicating between authorities involved etc...makes me sick and sad for the families of these 2 young individuals.

The world watches with desperate hope that the Police now get lucky and actually find the murderer's because they've already seen how badly this has turned out. The authorities must understand that yes, the eyes of the world are watching...they are not invinsible and whenever they do provide statements, they must make sure they first understand what they've already previously stated and not show more incompetence by showing the world that they have just taken 5 steps backwards in the investigation.

I really hope that the Authorities get it together and finally show the world that they are competent enough to close this case successfully.

Edited by OPG

I can't believe that little kid could do that murder or at least it's clear why he needed a gang to back him up. This is far from over. More twists and turns on the horizon.

Maybe he didn't murder anyone but raped that girl. His DNA I would bet is a match. His other family and friends did the killing.... Just a guess ....

• Like 1

This is so sad! I swear, all of the daily reports shows the set-up of a horribly unscripted movie, where the actors have no knowledge of their parts and are just flinging it while they film; in the hopes that the part they're playing will eventually make sense.

I've also thought about why haven't the Police collected DNA samples from Family members of the person they are searching for, to atleast provide them first hand factual proof before they waste more precious time on this case. Now, I'm just waiting to hear that they've located and detained this individual...that they've collected DNA and he has now been released since the sample collected did not match up.

This investigation shows how incompetent the Police really are and it sadens me to speak like this, since I was in favor of allowing the Police to do what they need to do to catch these animals, but as they day's pass, it just seems as if they are getting nowhere and the more they speak about this case and state how dis-organized they have been and that they will begin organizing their efforts and communicating between authorities involved etc...makes me sick and sad for the families of these 2 young individuals.

The world watches with desperate hope that the Police now get lucky and actually find the murderer's because they've already seen how badly this has turned out. The authorities must understand that yes, the eyes of the world are watching...they are not invinsible and whenever they do provide statements, they must make sure they first understand what they've already previously stated and not show more incompetence by showing the world that they have just taken 5 steps backwards in the investigation.

I really hope that the Authorities get it together and finally show the world that they are competent enough to close this case successfully.

I agree with you. So sad for the family there has to read all this news about nothing. Sometimes I just think the longer this case take, there more the world will forget and the turist will arrived like normally

Still I have my fate they will find the murder or murders

BBC says there was some sort of altercation with the murder victims and members of a powerful Thai family at a bar owned by the same said family, yet the Thai clowns/Police only interviewed the family today. Lets see them sweep this one under the carpet it is still all over UK media and we want answers!

Edited by MRDave

I can't believe that little kid could do that murder or at least it's clear why he needed a gang to back him up. This is far from over. More twists and turns on the horizon.

post-9891-0-74006700-1411556934_thumb.jp

This is the picture of Warot, a suspect in this ongoing investigation. The report states that he is 22 years old. I am confused as to where you think "that little kid" comes into the equation.

This is a 22 year old Thai man. Is this what you regard as a kid? Is it perhaps because he has a 'cute' face?

I have made no assumption or accusation of guilt, merely that he is a man.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifwarot.jpg

This is the picture of Warot, a suspect in this ongoing investigation. The report states that he is 22 years old. I am confused as to where you think "that little kid" comes into the equation.

This is a 22 year old Thai man. Is this what you regard as a kid? Is it perhaps because he has a 'cute' face?

And one that has gone into hiding.

attachicon.gifwarot.jpg

Here's a newsflash the World is full of baby faced killers, killers with model looks and some who look like santa who would rob, torture, kill you and leave your body like a piece of trash so the sooner you realise this the better off you will be.

Edited by MRDave

For the pedantic people out there, when I used the term "kid" I used it loosely, in the way that other people described the young victims as "kids". I'll use the term "young man" next time or do you have a problem with that ? Jeez, some people !

One patsy thrown to the lions.

Gotta wrap this up before high season... wai2.gifwai.gif

No need to care about the high season, since most tourists to Thailand come from other Asian countries, and I guess most of them, don't care about a couple of Europeans murdered on a small island. No disrespect to the victims, but it is not very important to most Asian visitors.

Most tourists from western countries are from Australia and the UK with about 3.5% of arrivals each.

Numbers from 2013.

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

I guarantee you one of the hippys or other Koh Tao community farang will have a picture of him on a FB acc or phone or something, hes 22 and no doubt hes part of the party scene and probably mixed with younger farang a fair amount...

But anyway the police should have a picture of him, they should released it for a manhunt if hes gone to ground.

Stick on a reward hes toast in bangkok

attachicon.gifwarot.jpg

A short man at that. David Miller appeared to be quite tall and reasonably well built. The little chap had assistance if he was involved obviously.

• Like 1

I guarantee you one of the hippys or other Koh Tao community farang will have a picture of him on a FB acc or phone or something, hes 22 and no doubt hes part of the party scene and probably mixed with younger farang a fair amount...

But anyway the police should have a picture of him, they should released it for a manhunt if hes gone to ground.

Stick on a reward hes toast in bangkok

See post #45

BBC says their was some sort of altercation with the murder victims and members of a powerful Thai family at a bar owned by the same said family, yet the Thai clowns/Police only interviewed the family today. Lets se them sweep this one under the carpet it is still all over UK media and we want answers!

Jonathan Head may just redeem himself with a lot of Brits, if he keeps on reporting this in the current way. Can't fault any of the British journos on keeping this in the news. Good on them. The BIB want this to go away, we on social media can also keep up the pressure.

His 2nd reporting trip down South. He must like it.