Suspected killer of British Koh Tao backpackers 'in Bangkok'

webfact

For the pedantic people out there, when I used the term "kid" I used it loosely, in the way that other people described the young victims as "kids". I'll use the term "young man" next time or do you have a problem with that ? Jeez, some people !

Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up and your comments duly noted.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh well...here we go again :

Thai police tell @Channel4News that 'prime suspect' in Koh Tao murders 'on the run' in Bangkok is in fact not on the run and not a suspect.

https://twitter.com/c4sparks/status/514719203790565377

Can this get any more shambolic? You can bet if the victims were Americans the FBI would have been over there like a shot and taken charge. When is the British Embassy/Foreign Office going to stir into action?

Thai police tell @Channel4News that 'prime suspect' in Koh Tao murders 'on the run' in Bangkok is in fact not on the run and not a suspect.

Can this get any more shambolic? You can bet if the victims were Americans the FBI would have been over there like a shot and taken charge. When is the British Embassy/Foreign Office going to stir into action?

British Embassy? :o ...... 555....... cheesy.gif

More reaction from a clapped mosquito fighting for its life!

• Like 2

The killer must be really stupid. Why on earth are you still in Thailand, a smart move would be to go Cambodia or Laos and bribe your way from there, it will be natural selection at its best.

Your probaly right....but bear in mind that most Thai people of his level most likely dont have massivr funds to enable absconding over seas..........

One patsy thrown to the lions.

Gotta wrap this up before high season... wai2.gifwai.gif

No need to care about the high season, since most tourists to Thailand come from other Asian countries, and I guess most of them, don't care about a couple of Europeans murdered on a small island. No disrespect to the victims, but it is not very important to most Asian visitors.

Most tourists from western countries are from Australia and the UK with about 3.5% of arrivals each.

Numbers from 2013.

"Thailand's key high season for tourists is just two months away and the kingdom is desperate

to reassure visitors after a year which saw takings slump because of political turmoil, followed by the coup."

http://www.thephuketnews.com/koh-tao-ban-full-moon-parties-48789.php

**** Link to Bangkok Post removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum. ****

There's a lot more of these soulless comments. wai2.gifwai.gif
Not hard to find...
Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Er we know some TV members believe the US is world police force, but you know they cant do that without an invitation from the Thai BiB, they have no authrority in Thailand to do such a thing ...rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

All we can await now is publication of photographs of the prime suspect Mr Warot regardless of what kind of sea trash he is related to on the island.Someone must have a photo of him, let's see it.

Agreed RC, must be pictures around of this piece of cowardly shit.

So the spokesperson for the lynch-mob has convicted him already??bah.gif
Yep, cause that's what we do here on TV. You got a problem with it?

FBI did offer to help the investigation but was refused or at least ruled out to ask them for help.

Edited by Iumentum

Er we know some TV members believe the US is world police force, but you know they cant do that without an invitation from the Thai BiB, they have no authrority in Thailand to do such a thing ...rolleyes.gif

I think you'll find that the Americans do a lot of things where they have no 'authority' if they consider it to be in the national interest, and not just in tinpot third world banana republics like Thailand

• Like 1

Mr. Montriwat said it was actually the Scotsman who should be treated as a suspect. "On the night of the murder, a spa worker told me [he/she] helped clean splatters of blood from Sean's body."

Idiot! The DNA is from a Asian man.

... and 3 times you may guess what would've gone down if it weren't for dna-testing even in the land of the free, with that ... 'Asian' still trying to put it on a foreigner ...

Where's the statement of that spa worker then btw, 10 days in ... ??

we can only hope they have done dna tests on his other male family members to get the proof needed, it also seems that the police were stalling the investigation under orders from these influential people, lets hope this does not mean that the killer will walk free due to family influence as we so often see here in Thailand.

Many DNA tests done.....the accuracy could well be manipulated.......too many rogues amongst all this now to make a believable decision!

• Like 1

Mr. Montriwat said it was actually the Scotsman who should be treated as a suspect. "On the night of the murder, a spa worker told me [he/she] helped clean splatters of blood from Sean's body."

Idiot! The DNA is from a Asian man.

... and 3 times you may guess what would've gone down if it weren't for dna-testing even in the land of the free, with that ... 'Asian' still trying to put it on a foreigner ...

Where's the statement of that spa worker then btw, 10 days in ... ??

I bet they could soon find a spa worker ..

is that a police mugshot of him?

if it is then hes been arrested before ?

obviously you are new to Thailand (or just an obsessive outside newbie endlessly posting on this matter). that's a standard ID or passport photo in Thailand.

This guy that ran to bangkok obviously did it or knows something about it, hes hiding something, why because he wont turn himself in.

If you hide etc your guilty of something.

No way mate. He suddenly got the urge in the early hours of the morning to secretly rush back to Bangkok to be at his university, that's normal for a young Thai student,is'nt it . cheesy.gif

• Like 1

FBI did offer to help the investigation but was refused or at least ruled out to ask them for help.

Why not bring in the volunteer Tourist police, they look important. cheesy.gifw00t.gif

Why not bring in the volunteer Tourist police, they look important. cheesy.gifw00t.gif

After the way things have played out today I doubt they could have done worse sad.png

Looking at the ID card of this kid (I'm 66, I've earned the right to call him that) he's barely 160cm tall, which is 5 foot nothing, and slender built. No way in hell he could have done this by himself.

Agree, he is just a decoy to avert attention away from the real killers, the DNA evidence is crucial in catching the murderer's but i am sure it has already been tampered with, also letting none police be at the crime scene has given the one;'s at the crime scene a way out if they are linked to the DNA samples.

• Like 1

Looking at the ID card of this kid (I'm 66, I've earned the right to call him that) he's barely 160cm tall, which is 5 foot nothing, and slender built. No way in hell he could have done this by himself.

how big was bruce lee ?

Oh, get real! This is a papered "mamma's boy" would wouldn't know the differences between Shotokan, Aikido and Wushu if he was to watch an exhibition of all three. And by the way, Bruce Lee was 174cm.

Edited by Just1Voice
  • Like 1

we can only hope they have done dna tests on his other male family members to get the proof needed, it also seems that the police were stalling the investigation under orders from these influential people, lets hope this does not mean that the killer will walk free due to family influence as we so often see here in Thailand.

I was thinking this morning back to Dale Henry's murder in Ranong. The murderer was tight with the police, and was known to have done "jobs" for them. The victims families need to get a good lawyer. The Canadian embassy were not the most helpful in Dale's case, so don't expect too much from the UK one.

Good point Mosha. I remember that case. Awful it was the pressure was kept on. Sadly the tosssers at Brit Embassy wont do anything

The wife of a Canadian man shot to death in Thailand, her lover and a hit man have been sentenced to life in prison. Dale Henry, 48, was shot in the head while sleeping in his own bed at his home in Ranong province, Thailand on Feb. 3, 2008.

He was in an armchair asleep downstairs in the TV room.

Many of his friends went to court every day to make sure justice was served.

I am not sure how a Thai Lawyer if a Thai Lawyer will be of use for the families of the victims in Koh Tao but international media coverage will be important to make sure justice in served.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous. Why dont the police just grow a pair and arrest who killed them, they obviously know the culprits but because of this loss of face BS they will not act as they should. We all know that even if the real killers are arrested , they will not be incarcerated for long, give it a year or two when everythings died down and they will conveniently be released citing some new made up law.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous. Why dont the police just grow a pair and arrest who killed them, they obviously know the culprits but because of this loss of face BS they will not act as they should. We all know that even if the real killers are arrested , they will not be incarcerated for long, give it a year or two when everythings died down and they will conveniently be released citing some new made up law.

Rubbish.

If and when they have enough evidence arrests will be made and they will be locked up forever.