Lighthearted Regrets Thread

Robroona

I am now officially old, live in Thailand and have too much time to think about where I went wrong. I don't mean going wrong as in a divorce, career, going to war or location.

I'd like to ask members if they have any niggling regrets about what they missed out on, but in a lighthearted way.

Personally, and to get the thread started on the right direction, I never learned to play a musical instrument. But, the thing that bugs me most is that I never learned to jive. I was just too young and missed out on the jive craze

• Like 2

What I regret is that I haven't seen more of this beautiful planet of ours.

Lack of time, family obligations and other factors did not allow me to travel more during my life.

I've been to many places, but there are thousands of other places that I would have liked to visit and experience with my own eyes and not through photographs.

But again......still young at 67......I have all the time in the world to make my dreams come true.

• Like 1

There are some things I would change in my life had I had known then what I know now, but I don't regret anything... It's the journey that makes a person who they are... Still a lot of things I want to do and places to see before I settle into curmudgeonry...

• Like 1

I regret not finding out about Thailand and Thai women until in my sixties. Western women are spoilt, obese, ball-busting dragons in comparison, supported by a legal system whose practitioners in the field of family law should be exterminated.

Lets see here....regrets...hmmmmmm almost none. Except one and it's really

not much of a regret...I missed a lotta great concerts between 1969 and 1979

because I was in the military with 4 years in the Southeast Asian War Games.

Then again...I've made up for it . So not really all that bad IMO. Oh...found

a money bag once in Hong Kong...dropped during a robbery. Handed it over to

the RHKPD and in the end the bank only gave me a verbal thank you. Not even

an offer of a measley reward...but that was colonial Hong Kong. Perhaps it's

even worse these days! Nah...no regrets really....save for Elaine...and that's

personal.

»I'd like to ask members if they have any niggling regrets about what they missed out on, but in a lighthearted way.«

When one is ”officially” old enough to have lots of spare time, it's time to catch up with all those things, one never could find time for before – or perhaps something new turns up, which might catch interest.

I always remember Graucho Marx’s saying: »It’s not a question how old you are, but how you are old…« thumbsup.gif

OP, you can catch up with jive now, or begin to play an instrument…

Even I had lots of fun when I was young(er), I also missed a lot, for example dancing – except as a small kid compulsory dance like minuet and English waltz and the like at a fine dance school, which was no fun at all – but I catch up now; however times has changed so it’s more techno-style, but I do have lots of fun and good exercise…

–and other people also have lots of fun seeing me dancing… clap2.gif

And there are other things I missed, but if “it’s never too late” I am catching up on them now, when I am “officially” old enough to do so; for example have a kid and family… wub.png

My only “niggling” regret so far is that I came maybe 20 years too late to Thailand – however, looked from a positive perspective, I could not have afforded it before… biggrin.png

My biggest regret is not believing in what all the politicians in the world had to say,because in their opinion they were right,sincere and truthful.Because I never believed a word that came out of their mouths,I am a much sadder deprived person than I should have been had I believed them,hence I am now a lost soul looking for a saviour What a load of s,.t

I regret not finding out about Thailand and Thai women until in my sixties. Western women are spoilt, obese, ball-busting dragons in comparison, supported by a legal system whose practitioners in the field of family law should be exterminated.

Maybe have their nuts fried but exterminated ? Well ok but slowly.

My biggest regret is not believing in what all the politicians in the world had to say,because in their opinion they were right,sincere and truthful.Because I never believed a word that came out of their mouths,I am a much sadder deprived person than I should have been had I believed them,hence I am now a lost soul looking for a saviour What a load of s,.t

Jesus Christ super star.................

• Like 1

Jesus Christ super star.................

Hope you realise I am extracting the urine from myself, well you were half right about super star!!!!!!!!!!!!!