Prayut's advice to retirees: Stay mentally alert

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He strikes me as a man with integrity and a person that this country needs.

Only history will tell. But I am hoping!

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

History says there were eleven coup leaders before him and no doubt there will be coup leaders to follow him. There is no other hope.

All those negative waves. Get up, go outside, let the rain make you feel alive (and wet).

Assuming you're also in Bangkok at the moment, that is thumbsup.gif

Good advise by the General. All TV members should read this and follow his words.

I would have thought that countering all obfuscation and other nonsense here would be more than sufficient to keep one on ones toes, especially for us non-native English speakers rolleyes.gif

Are you sure you're a non-native English speaker? Coming up with an obscure word like "obfuscation" and using terminology such as "to keep one on ones toes", I find it very difficult to believe. Maybe you can enlighten us all as to what nationality you are and where you obtained your English education? Just curious. cool.png

Well, being 'new' here you might have missed I frequently call myself a regular Dutch uncle and with pride as well. I even wrote it in my profile. My profile also shows I've been at it here for close to 12 years now and that has definitively sharpened my mind, helped me fine-tune my BS detector and even helped me to learn all those words we never learned in school in the Netherlands rolleyes.gif

Just truly,

uncle rubl wai.gif

PS now you may understand why God gave the English Dutch uncles thumbsup.gif

Ah well Uncle Rubi, so you've "been at it here close to 12 years", so I bet it's not just your mind that's been sharpened. That's possibly why God gave us Dutch caps. giggle.gif

• Like 1

Stop taking satin Anti-cholesterol drugs that deplete the cholesterol in the brain.

The brain is 80% cholesterol!

It's a no brainier for the informed.

Check it out for yourself.

Sorry I fail to agree.

Statins have saved so many lives its verging on a miracle. Your points are not clinically proved and other bi factors like heart disease/heart attacks are somewhat prevented through use of statins.That is why doctors are careful to check for other reasons behind memory loss before they start cutting back the statins. Heart disease, age and so on can be to blame for Alzheimer's.

I take statins myself but can't remember where I read the information above ..... cheesy.gif

Oatmeal for breakfast, laced with blueberries and sliced almonds. Try to watch the diet. Red wine and occasional dark choclate (I love this advice). Exercise for an hour every other day to get the heart rate up and a statin pill at night. Colesterol seems to be a killer in my family males.

I tell friends the true test for "old timers" (altzeimer's) is driving in Thailand. You are able to stay alert or you die (OK, or an accident).

True.. but i rather not have my mind going out on me. So far my dad who is retired is as sharp as ever. I hope to follow in his footsteps.

Well, the Prime Minister of Thailand has spoken. You know how to prevent it. I hear coffee might be helpful too. I'll let you know.biggrin.png

Does this sound advice extend to the grizzly expat retirees who start hitting the Beer Chang before lunchtime ?

Keep the mind alert by playing Connect 4 and figuring out if your bar tab is correct.

Early Onset Budwiser's is a tempting explanation for many things seen on this forum. :D

My profile also shows I've been at it here for close to 12 years now and that has definitively sharpened my mind, helped me fine-tune my BS detector and even helped me to learn all those words we never learned in school in the Netherlands rolleyes.gif

Just truly,

uncle rubl wai.gif

bedoel jy 12 jare op thaivisa forum? cowboy.gif.pagespeed.ce.OqunRvp1aP.png

My profile also shows I've been at it here for close to 12 years now and that has definitively sharpened my mind, helped me fine-tune my BS detector and even helped me to learn all those words we never learned in school in the Netherlands rolleyes.gif

Just truly,

uncle rubl wai.gif

bedoel jy 12 jare op thaivisa forum? cowboy.gif.pagespeed.ce.OqunRvp1aP.png

Yes, look at my profile. Since December 2002 it says.