Looking for a ride buddy

marinpa

Hey guys,

I am here in Bkk for about a week and I absolutely love riding in this lawless city, this motorcycle wild, wild west. Well, except the heat and bad air.

I am looking for experienced, skilled and fast riding buddy(s), motorbike enthusiast(s), that same as me, that loves to go out for joy rides during the day on evenings.

I am riding a Click 125i with no mirrors, if you know what in mean ( wink, wink).

My game is not speed but precision and accuracy, spatial awareness, depth perception, hazard detection and anticipation, traffic time and space management.

If anyone interested please "lemme kno".

Regards

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their is a large group of Thai teens that get together to play on their mop heads every month around Democratic Monument you could follow them daredevils around smile.png But don't go there till they finish school, maybe if you help them with their homework they will let you join smile.png

Edited by thai20144
  • Like 1

Well this topic takes the cake for nudge nudge wink wink content...let's see how many like minded bike riders there are, all dressed badass on their honda clicks waiting to burn rubber on Bangkok streets.

Ohh and I suggest you move your future posts in regards to this topic from the general forum to the medical one, because it's likely that's where all of the follow up posts will be directed at.

Good luck cowboy.

Man oh man, some people like to hear themselves and give unsolicited/unwanted advices.....such as this.

Where did I ever say "burn rubber", "badass dress", racing or whatever the heck is in your mind???

Did you ever hear about the term leisure riding?

Asking me to move the future posts on the Bkk riding topic, is like me asking you to move your posts I'm regards to "what kind of beer do you like" to the Alcoholics Anonymous forum.

Read again Nostradamus, my riding is not about speed but skill and awareness

Just pay some motorcycle Taxis to drive around with you smile.png

I think the above advise is just coming from general knowledge that Bangkok streets are very dangerous for someone not experienced riding in Bkk.

Anyways I have seen many serious motorcycles crashes here in BKK one girl screaming after being side swiped by a car "My back, My Back"

Another guy screaming after being run over by a car and mangled under the engine.

And I know one guy that had brain surgery after being run over by a truck and these are the lucky ones.

Be safe my brother!

Edited by thai20144

I think the above advise is just coming from general knowledge that Bangkok streets are very dangerous for someone not experienced riding in Bkk.

Anyways I have seen many serious motorcycles crashes here in BKK one girl screaming after being side swiped by a car "My back, My Back"

Another guy screaming after being run over by a car and mangled under the engine.

And I know one guy that had brain surgery after being run over by a truck and these are the lucky ones.

Be safe my brother!

I did, I did hire taxi motorcycles but is getting in the range of 2000/day. One of them was good in particular but the rest.....

Guys, again, and again until some of you people understand. I find riding in Bkk less dangerous than New York, Paris, London, Moscow, Bucharest, Montreal, even Vancouver, where I am from. Here drivers and riders, for he vast majority of the time are very weary, attentive to their surroundings, courteous to each other.

That is until 1900-2000 hours. After 2000 hours the dynamic of the traffic changes and becomes slightly more difficult, a tad dangerous I have to admit.

That is because people are tired, maybe something to drink, smoking some shit or chewing to much Kratoom.

There is a category of traffic participants that are dangerous at any time of the day, tuc-tuc drivers. But they are a breed on their own.

As soon as you see a tuc-tuc in front of you, ride the brakes and change lane as far as possible from it.

In almost a week of driving in Bkk, and I mean.... Driving 2-300 km/ day, I haven't see any crash. ANY!!!

Be safe my brother!

I did, I did hire taxi motorcycles but is getting in the range of 2000/day. One of them was good in particular but the rest.....

Guys, again, and again until some of you people understand. I find riding in Bkk less dangerous than New York, Paris, London, Moscow, Bucharest, Montreal, even Vancouver, where I am from. Here drivers and riders, for he vast majority of the time are very weary, attentive to their surroundings, courteous to each other.

That is until 1900-2000 hours. After 2000 hours the dynamic of the traffic changes and becomes slightly more difficult, a tad dangerous I have to admit.

That is because people are tired, maybe something to drink, smoking some shit or chewing to much Kratoom.

There is a category of traffic participants that are dangerous at any time of the day, tuc-tuc drivers. But they are a breed on their own.

As soon as you see a tuc-tuc in front of you, ride the brakes and change lane as far as possible from it.

In almost a week of driving in Bkk, and I mean.... Driving 2-300 km/ day, I haven't see any crash. ANY!!!

My only request would be please stick to the roads, there are already far to many motorbikes on the pavements.

Their is a large group of Thai teens that get together to play on their mop heads every month around Democratic Monument you could follow them daredevils around smile.png But don't go there till they finish school, maybe if you help them with their homework they will let you join smile.png

Again my Thai20144 friend, my driving/riding is not about speed or drag racing, I don't have nor I want to prove anything to anyone. I just enjoy driving/riding. Is my passion is my job.

One of my jobs here in Bkk is to train a Disaster Search and Rescue team on driving/riding skills. Yes, the people that are scraping of the pavement "daredevils" such as the ones you just mentioned. At the station they have mountains of pictures and hours and hours of video clips with crashes varying in gravity.

My friend, realistically, looking at the conditions and causes, 80% of all the crashes I have seen, could have been prevented with minor steering/braking corrections and an increased traffic/road/conditions awareness.

There are however an 15% pure bad luck, wrong time at the wrong place.

• Like 1

you find riding a Motor bike in Bangkok safer than British roads, very good considering British roads are one of the safest places to drive or ride a bike. in Europe and the world.

Maybe in one of Jules Verne's novels you've read when you were little

Well I think it sounds like fun...

If I was in BKK, I'd join you. Great way to learn the city roads, find hidden restaurants and just get lost.

To be honest, it's not as dangerous as going out for a beer in Nana :)

Google maps rocks!!! Set the destination, put one earpiece in and there you go..... Left, right, straight, make a u turn.......your destination is on the left

Be safe my brother!

My only request would be please stick to the roads, there are already far to many motorbikes on the pavements.
Copy that. I intend to take your advice to the heart. I mean it too!!!

Again my Thai20144 friend, my driving/riding is not about speed or drag racing, I don't have nor I want to prove anything to anyone. I just enjoy driving/riding. Is my passion is my job.

One of my jobs here in Bkk is to train a Disaster Search and Rescue team on driving/riding skills. Yes, the people that are scraping of the pavement "daredevils" such as the ones you just mentioned. At the station they have mountains of pictures and hours and hours of video clips with crashes varying in gravity.

My friend, realistically, looking at the conditions and causes, 80% of all the crashes I have seen, could have been prevented with minor steering/braking corrections and an increased traffic/road/conditions awareness.

There are however an 15% pure bad luck, wrong time at the wrong place.

Well good on you, but that comment I make was meant to be humorous.

I believe Bangkok is an excellent buzz driving around especially for an enthusiast like yourself. I am sure you will find someone with some share time to drive around with you.

I prefer to drive in the countryside as I live in BKK, have you taught about doing a road trip out of BKK to some of the neighboring provinces? That's what I would rather do.

Clown ..idiot..I hope you aren't really here to give any advise because you are a total f**king idiot. People Ike you really piss me off. Bike riding can and is dangerous and people need to ride responsibly. If you are really here to promote sensible riding then shut the <deleted>*k up and do your job. People die because idiots like u promote stupid ideas. I know people who have died because of dumb riding..and you are promoting it...piss off

Marinpa I ride a bmw and I find your post to be full of s**t. I love to ride and I read ludicrous posts like your with the disdain it deserves. You are a trolling fool..it must be idiots day

Yous gots to have some mental/physical issues my friend.... I dunno, maybe some childhood psychological abuse, maybe even repeated molestation, by the sound of it.....

You had to throw that "I ride a BMW" thing..... how is that relevant to this topic anyway???

So you find my posts "full of s**t" because you drive a BMW.

I am trolling..... Yeah right!!!

Take good care of your mental issues my friend and after that we'll maybe even have a conversation.

What is that you don't understand? What is that your sick mind finds it so ludicrous? Spell it out and you might be enlightened.

Really feel sorry for you and therefore I am not going to call you any names or use swear words, cause... It it what it is.... You are a mentally disturbed individual.

Clown ..idiot..I hope you aren't really here to give any advise because you are a total f**king idiot. People Ike you really piss me off. Bike riding can and is dangerous and people need to ride responsibly. If you are really here to promote sensible riding then shut the *k up and do your job. People die because idiots like u promote stupid ideas. I know people who have died because of dumb riding..and you are promoting it...piss off

Ok I am serious now.... Go back to where u came from and treat your psychological condition. Who knows .... Maybe one day you'll even make a complete recovery.

I've heard that making confessions to a priest about your troubled childhood, abuses, molestations, etc can help your soul. But that will help just your soul, your brain needs serious treatment.

Yeah right ..mental physical issues? I'm pretty sure I'm fine. My reference is that I ride a bike and respect the danger. You on the other hand are a very disturbed individual. Molestation? Abuse?

You have issues..I'm actually very happily married and just object to idiots like you .

Good luck and hurry up and leave Thailand., you aren't needed.

Yeah right ..mental physical issues? I'm pretty sure I'm fine. My reference is that I ride a bike and respect the danger. You on the other hand are a very disturbed individual. Molestation? Abuse?

You have issues..I'm actually very happily married and just object to idiots like you .

Good luck and hurry up and leave Thailand., you aren't needed.

You done? Did all the poison from your jugular gland, mind and heart came out yet?

Can we talk now?