Police shift focus to foreign tourists in Koh Tao murdere probe

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to Koh Tao, you are condoning and supporting the mafia. This is an absolute farce, bought and paid for.

I'm sure there are places all over Thailand, Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket to name a few, have Mafia.

Koh Tao is easily avoided and therefore I will never set foot on the island.

Rotten bastards.

Today's Koh Tao murder suspects have been randomly drawn from the Thai police suspect lottery bin. And today's winner is . . .

Today we have FOREIGN TOURISTS! This selection promises to be exciting and entertaining. Police on Koh Tao today will be collecting DNA samples from every tourist on the island and surrounding islands as well! In the mean time, Police Chief says there is now enough evidence to begin arresting foreign perpetrators.

Be sure to watch tomorrow's news for the latest Koh Tao murder suspect lottery selection. Headlines to follow.

collecting DNA samples today, that will include all them arriving and all them thats left and gone home.

no stone will be left unturned.or HOE.

we are determind to solve this case ONE WAY or ANOTHER.

time to call in MR.BEAN.

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? ................ Sherlock Holmes C1890

well he was fictional just like the story's going to be

I feel very sorry for the victims families.

This is just a clown show and they should deserve better than that. As should all murder and rape victims in this country.

I think even more international media pressure is required now.

Thats like saying the way to curb gun violence in the US is with more guns.

What are you smoking !

All people close to the crime should have been given DNA test. I don't care what the family is saying they should still get tested to prove they are not involved in the rape.... Still however leaves the murder. The one guy for sure that should be tested is Mon . This guy shows up everywhere and is basically who Sean was pointing the finger at. Also where is this girl he keeps saying cleaned the blood from Sean's face ? If he can not get this girl to come forward I would think he is less than truthful. Something other than fish is starting to really stink on this island.

Did anyone think that Thailand had any Asian tourist on Koh Tao at the time of the murder.

Unlikely, most Thais don't think there are any Asian tourists in Thailand, only westerners.

But more seriously though, Asian foreigners don't come across as a group who tend to visit Koh Tao in any numbers. Koh Tao tends to attract young, western backpackers in like 90+% of cases. And in any case the concept of an Asian foreign tourist committing a crime like this in Thailand, whether towards another tourist (as in this case) or a local is almost unheard of; I've never heard of any cases with the exception of the beat down of an American (I think it was) by two Chinese (Chinese-Americans?) somewhere else in the south, possibly Samui not too long ago, but that was just a beating not murder.

While all lines of enquiry should stay open and all possibilities should be examined, I agree that chances are it was either another western backpacker who came to know the victims (most likely as travelers tend to stick with each other and like to hang out with people of a similar cultural background as they are) or perhaps equally likely, a local Thai who they got into contact with could have also been the killer, or less likely in my opinion but it depends on the motive of course, a Burmese migrant worker.

Some posts in violation of the following forum rules have been removed:

Posting Content & General Conduct

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Or, are you implying that if the US has "unsolved" crimes, it's

perfectly OK for Thailand to have a complete unprofessional

police force and we should just sit back and accept?

Not all, its to do with fact that there are certain members on TV who feel they have to inject the US into every thread on TV

they just cant help themselves and feel its their patriot duty to "fly the star & stripes" every chance they get

• Like 2

Not all, its to do with fact that there are certain members on TV who feel they have to inject the US into every thread on TV

they just cant help themselves and feel its their patriot duty to "fly the star & stripes" every chance they get

Not just Americans but the British, Australians, Kiwis, ......

do exactly the same.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if next the Police claim it was perhaps a murder-suicide?

I would be surprised if they hadnt thought about that one already and tried to figure out a way they could "prove" it, it would be a lot "cleaner" from their perspective, nothing to do with Thailand, just some crazy foreigners who lost the plot while holidaying in Thailand, makes a good story line for the Thai newspapers, love triangles, sex and murder, bit like the soaps they are fond of...

• Like 1

Very strange. The Headmans son became a suspect because he left the island on the first ferry after the murder. Now he has seemingly proved he was in bangkok.

Either the police are incompetent because he did not leave on the first ferry, or they are incomepetant because despite the evidence to the contrary, he did.

I suppose you could substitute corrupt for incomepetant in the latter case.

Not just Americans but the British, Australians, Kiwis, ......

do exactly the same.

yes to a degree, but believe the US members do it far more frequently that the all the other nationalities combined

Come on Sean, speak! Did you really have such a bad accident that you needed someone to play "mummy" and wipe blood off your face for you?

Tell us the nature of the accident and the circumstances. We need to know the credibility of Mr "I was in Bangkok" Warot's revelations.

• Like 2

what happened to testing all the locals dna, is that too close to home as it will re=veal exactly who it was that killed them???????????

Seems that they are just trying to cover it all up and make sure that no locals are proven guilty, time for real investigators from the US/UK to become involved so the corruption stops interfering.