Woman crushed, power disrupted following Sattahip car crash

Rimmer

Woman crushed, power disrupted following Sattahip car crash

n10crashes.jpg

SATTAHIP:--A woman driver was critically injured after a tire blew, sending her Honda careening through eight light poles in Sattahip.

Royal Thai Navy Sgt. Natrin Chaiyatsatien was taken to Queen Sirikit Naval Medical Center following the 2 a.m. Sept. 17 accident on Sukhumvit Road near Plutaluang. Paramedics worked for an hour to free Natrin from her demolished Accord and her lower body was crushed.

She told police that as she came through the bend, her left front tire exploded. She lost control and plowed into the sidewalk, taking down light poles. The cascade brought down eight poles, which smashed the windows of four nearby townhouses and a car. Damage was estimated in the millions of baht.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/woman-crushed-power-disrupted-following-sattahip-car-crash-41438#sthash.4zx0jwF5.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-09-26 footer_n.gif

I've had tires go flat, even had one beak off the car and pass me once, my car always ended up stopped in a controlled fashion, never an accident. What is with drivers that lose control when they lose a tire. Modern vehicles are designed to not lose control when you lose a tire. Do you think there was extenuating circumstance ?

I've had tires go flat, even had one beak off the car and pass me once, my car always ended up stopped in a controlled fashion, never an accident. What is with drivers that lose control when they lose a tire. Modern vehicles are designed to not lose control when you lose a tire. Do you think there was extenuating circumstance ?

Anti lock brake system help in those cases, and in any case where the first reaction is to push the brake, and not all cars have it....

Still an option even in some new cars....

Speeding comes to mind... wai2.gifwai.gif

Can your car balance on 3 tires only ? No modern car I know can.

She certainly crashed in dramatic fashion.

When looking at the picture of the car, I am surprised that she survived.

Most Thais completely fails to understand how dangerous high speed driving are and many learn the hard way (or die).

Edited by guzzi850m2

Thais does never following the manufacturer norms according air pressure in the tires. My father in law pumped my Vigo, which shall have 29 PSI till 60 PSI. One tire blew up a few days later. I took the car to a workshop to check the other tires and they all had cracks inside crosswise. I had to change all the tires 25K. But I told the old man to stay away from the air-pump when using my truck.

Read it again, she came out of a bend, and I have lived in Thailand for 14 years and knowing the way the car crashed, she was probably doubling the speed in the bend and the tire could not take the pressure, therefore the crazy accident, it blew and she lost it in a turn, I have blown a tire in a slow turn before in a nice loaded SUV with all the traction control on and I lost it, but not as bad as her.

"She told police that as she came through the bend, her left front tire exploded. "

Huh? When a similar thing happened to me, I did not know the cause until the tow truck arrived and a mechanic inspected the vehicle. Yet she is seriously injured, and still is able to know what happened at the precise moment it did, and convey that to the police? Think about it - the whole episode would have taken only a few seconds, the actual tyre blowing and car rolling a mere second. She is bounced around and battered. Yet she is compis mentis enough to know instantly that it was a blown tyre? Maybe, but I seriously doubt it. I think cover up.