No new bank accounts for old men?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am 56 yo and opened a second account with kasikorn last week no problem at all no questions asked

Same for me , second KK account no problem, only the" welcome girl" would like to see my passbook ....first (?)

This on retirement extension , and reason that KK card no pin & chip, and money to high to carry unsafe card with me all times .

Second account bank card is with my name on it , delivered 10 days later and i keep amount on that moderate.

Get a different bank!

I'm retired and I have several accounts at Bangkok Bank.

Three weeks ago I opened a fourth savings account, no problem whatsoever and got another Be1st card 7 days later.

Branch is Kad Suan Kaew, Chiang Mai

NB I went with a retired friend (62) to Kaisikorn Airport Plaza, he wanted to open an account 500,000

They have 'a greeter' who asked to see work permit and said not possible....twice!

I walked over to the counter and explained what he wanted.

Apparently no-one told the 'greeter' that it's OK for long term renewal holders.

Account completed with ATM in 15 minutes

Good point. Those greeters are a pain in the arse. I think they get the job because they don't have the brains to work behind the counter - or maybe they go on looks or ability to speak English (yeah, yeah, don't laugh).

I went for the bank letter to certify by bank balance for retirement extension renewal and the bimbo greeter tells me I have to go to the branch my account is based at in Pattaya. Funny, done it at the same branch in Jomtien for years.

So I pressed my own button and got my own ticket number and sat down. The bimbo is telling my missus it can't be done. My number came up immediately, I was out in 10 minutes with the letter. Bimbo fuming as I gave her a big grin and a thankyou as I walked out the door.

I always give a Like for a fuming bimbo.