Visa On Arrival

Just a quick question, when you arrive to thailand with the 30 days on arrival visa, do they check to see whether you have a ticket out of Thailand at the end of the 30 days?

The airline does that for them. You need an outbound airticket within 30 days of arrival or a Thai visa or else the airline won't carry you.

Just a quick question, when you arrive to thailand with the 30 days on arrival visa, do they check to see whether you have a ticket out of Thailand at the end of the 30 days?

No, but you probably will not be allowed to board the plane for the outward journey from your home country to BKK if you do not have a return/onward ticket.

Usually not checked by the immigration-officer, however, they have a right to ask for. They also might ask for the means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

BTW, this is not a visa, just a permission to enter without visa.

No - it's never been asked for at immigration.

Also i've only once had a problem with airline checkin staff looking for a return or onward ticket - that was in Australia. Show a couple of hundred dollars or a credit card and they're happy to let you go... :o

I've never been asked at any land border.

The airline will ask but if you have no ticket out you can just show them money.

Hmmm, AFAIK the actual immigration rule is 'onward air travel'.

Pretty well every time I've come to Thailand on a one way (or the second half of a return) I have been asked to show the check-in staff my visa (invariably they can't find it).

This has been from London, KL, Manila, Rome and Brussels, all have indicated that if I had no visa I would not be allowed to board.

You MAY get away with showing cash / credit card / Tufty Club Card, but it's all down to the airline (they get fined if they carry you and you are not permitted entry).

Safest is to have onward travel or a visa.

The airline does that for them. You need an outbound airticket within 30 days of arrival or a Thai visa or else the airline won't carry you.

The airline will want you to have a return ticket, it does not have to be with in 30 days.

And it's not a visa on arrival. It is a visa waiver.

Visa on arrival is available for certain nationalities and they pay for them.

That's correct. And if you explain to the airline checkin staff that tourists of your nationality are permitted to enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa, they should let you board.

That's correct. And if you explain to the airline checkin staff that tourists of your nationality are permitted to enter Thailand for 30 days without a visa, they should let you board.

The airline check in staff have that information on there computer and also have the information that an onward ticket is a requirement for that 30 day permitted to stay stamp.

The airline check in staff have that information on there computer and also have the information that an onward ticket is a requirement for that 30 day permitted to stay stamp.

Absolutely correct as always Lop.