raro's Fast Food Heaven has opened!

rarosFFH

Four weeks on the day that we opened and so far I am quite happy with the trade. Not yet breaking even, but this wasn't expected in the first month anyways.

Our best selling item is the beef burger and we have some regular customers who visit us every now and so often.

Not very popular - or should I say ignored - are our sausages which I cannot really understand - so let's promote them sausages! They are made by Joe Sloane in Bangkok, a Master Butcher and Chef (The Landmark Steakhouse is only one of the top notch houses on his CV) abd made from happy pigs. Here is one of his suppliers, the Daruma Eco Farm in Bang Phra: http://ecovillage.asia/

That's all very nice, but how's the taste? Best, you give it a try! cool.png

post-222134-0-24502100-1413959847_thumb.

Cumberland with baguette and some salad - 80 Baht

You need a lot of well-displayed pix of your offerings to tempt the palate. Setting up a DIY lightbox to take clear pix is cheap and easy, and printing out your own 8x4 and smaller pix of the food ain't much of a hassle. The shop looks very sterile and, to be quite honest, very unappealing in the sense of drawing one in for a snack. Splash a bit of colour around - and add the Wit Special: with tangy cheese, egg, pineapple ring and beetroot. :)

• Like 1

All work in progress... ;-)

Yes, there will be a more detailed menu and also pictures. This is actually interesting, the picture menus are not appealing to me at all. But we hear you and we'll do it!

We also have a new (better) sauce Bolognese, with minced beef instead of pork and more Italian taste. I don't dare to say truly Italian, the Italians shall judge by themselves.

Stay tuned for more to come!

Not very popular - or should I say ignored - are our sausages which I cannot really understand - so let's promote them sausages! They are made by Joe Sloane in Bangkok, a Master Butcher and Chef (The Landmark Steakhouse is only one of the top notch houses on his CV) abd made from happy pigs. Here is one of his suppliers, the Daruma Eco Farm in Bang Phra: http://ecovillage.asia/

Difficult to satisfy so many different tastes....

But as far as the sausages go that you advertise as Bratwurst or Currywurst- well for me as a German they are not Bratwurst, I place them as something the anglos eat as bangers with mash. Definitely not Bratwurst or Currywurst, sorry, tried it once and I will not come back for this (pity really as I live close by).

There are veal sausages and brown sausages on the market in Pattaya that come really close to what I would call a Bratwurst.

I'm German myself and must say the Bratwurst is authentic. What did you not like about it? There are many regional variations on this subject.

As for the Currywurst (and again, many different regional varieties), I admit a different sausage is needed and this will be announced shortly.

Yes, there will be a more detailed menu and also pictures. This is actually interesting, the picture menus are not appealing to me at all. But we hear you and we'll do it!

We also have a new (better) sauce Bolognese, with minced beef instead of pork and more Italian taste. I don't dare to say truly Italian, the Italians shall judge by themselves.

Petercool and I were talking about that. Your food looks fantastic. Pictures would really help people to see what they are ordering...and how good the items look!!

No pictures on a menu, you are getting very hi-so. shock1.gif It reduces the number of languages needed.

Depending on regional variations, I am told, Bolognese sauce has beef, veal or pork mince or a mixture of any two. I use kangaroo mince for a rich gamy flavour, not traditional or readily available in Thailand but tasty.

We welcome to the team Mr. Khun Falang!

He's Thai, but speaks better English, Dutch and some German...and as he's a banned thaivisa member, this is his re-socialization program :P

post-222134-0-82130300-1414157893_thumb.

Our team from left: Ae, Chacha, Khun Farang and Niu

People asked for pictures......so here you go!

This is our chicken sandwich, 120 Baht:

attachicon.gif905885_578069882320672_5969353396856984392_o.jpg

Please note also that we are running a special on Foursquare. If you have this app, check in at our place cool.png

We're open every day from 10:30 in the morning to midnight!

LOL. Stop teasing us. That sandwich should be worth the long trip to the darkside.

Please note also that we are running a special on Foursquare. If you have this app, check in at our place cool.png

LOL. Stop teasing us. That sandwich should be worth the long trip to the darkside.

I'll do this until Jinthing writes a raving review.

I'll do this until Jinthing writes a raving review.

He will probably ask for more sauce. Knowing raro he will give him the whole bottle.

Best of luck!

Looking forward to the goat cheese burgers!

Do you know of any supplier for high quality goat cheese? tongue.png

Why don't you go to a goat's farm

Ummm....goatfarmer is....well....a goat farmer. With very high quality goat cheese. Sold locally.

• Like 2

Went to Raros for the first time today as I was happy to support a new local business, but first impressions weren't good. It took at least 20 minutes to make my beefburger and chips and I was the only customer. God knows how long you'd have to wait if there were 6 customers. Apparently the deep fryer hadn't been turned on to make the chips, something that shouldn't happen at 2 in the afternoon. The burger was just OK, the chips on the soggy side, so I won't be in a hurry to go back. Locally for 190 baht I could have had a big roast dinner with pork, baked potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower and yorkshire pudding and gravy, as well as a beer. I'm afraid there's too much competition out there to offer mediocre food and service at premium (local) prices.

• Like 1

Went to Raros for the first time today as I was happy to support a new local business, but first impressions weren't good. It took at least 20 minutes to make my beefburger and chips and I was the only customer. God knows how long you'd have to wait if there were 6 customers. Apparently the deep fryer hadn't been turned on to make the chips, something that shouldn't happen at 2 in the afternoon. The burger was just OK, the chips on the soggy side, so I won't be in a hurry to go back. Locally for 190 baht I could have had a big roast dinner with pork, baked potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower and yorkshire pudding and gravy, as well as a beer. I'm afraid there's too much competition out there to offer mediocre food and service at premium (local) prices.

Have been at raro's, for the first time, and the burger was half cooked, not the best quilty of meat, as i worked in the meat industry, burgers nowadays are very poor in quilty,does anyone know what is in burgers, i do, not for me more llike raro's hell fast food, nothing like the Pictures,

• Like 1

Have been at raro's, for the first time, and the burger was half cooked, not the best quilty of meat, as i worked in the meat industry, burgers nowadays are very poor in quilty,does anyone know what is in burgers, i do, not for me more llike raro's hell fast food, nothing like the Pictures,

Sorry, but you are wrong about the meat. It's not made by Raro, but by a supplier who's family has been in the meat business for generations, in Europe. It's made to this suppliers exact specifications here in Pattaya and it's very good. He also runs a bakery and does the buns. He's an amazing chef and the meat is top quality. It may have been 1/2 cooked, I don't know, but the meat is very good.

...whacked over the back of his head...

:-D

Oopps.. Didn't say that! Jinthing you're welcome any time!

You won't get many customers, speaking like that, is that Customer service

Jingthing is a long time member with Thaivisa.com. He and Raro go back a looooong way. ;b++){var>

Sorry, but you are wrong about the meat. It's not made by Raro, but by a supplier who's family has been in the meat business for generations, in Europe. It's made to this suppliers exact specifications here in Pattaya and it's very good. He also runs a bakery and does the buns. He's an amazing chef and the meat is top quality. It may have been 1/2 cooked, I don't know, but the meat is very good.

...whacked over the back of his head...

:-D

Oopps.. Didn't say that! Jinthing you're welcome any time!

You won't get many customers, speaking like that, is that Customer service

Jingthing is a long time member with Thaivisa.com. He and Raro go back a looooong way. ;b++){var>

It really depends on what you are use to. I find the best thai locally produced ground beef doesnt compare to the lowest quality meat in my home country. The only restaurant in Thailand that I've found with a really good burger is Bullys in bkk.

Raros has a good idea and its a nice change if he can make a go of it. GL!

Its gonna take time to get all the kinks out as this is a new restaurant. Imho the key to success is consistency which involves fool proof food prep and cooking. When a customer returns they expect the same taste they had previously.

• Like 2

He's already been open a month, time to know that the deep fryer needs to be on all the time, not wait until a customer orders chips. It also looks like it's one for domestic use by the size of it. I doubt if you could cook chips for more than two people at a time. The whole operation just looked a bit amateur to me. My beef patty was quite thick, but very dry.

Edited by giddyup

If you want fast food may I suggest McDonalds. Or do you Pattaya people get ulcers rushing all the time.

I was ordering a burger, not Peking Duck, so a 20 minute wait with no other customers isn't acceptable. 190 baht for a very average burger and chips is also not going to attract too many customers.

Thanks for your comments and sorry to hear about your bad experience , I will address this with the staff.

Beef : it's the most expensive component in the burger and yes, it's local beef. Of course we could use imported beef, but this would probably double the price of the burger. As we have comments on the other hand that 190 Baht is way too much for a burger with fries (it's 160g of meat, just for the records) then I'm not sure whether this would be the right way to go.

I agree that 20 minutes waiting is too long and soggy fries are not acceptable.